Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Dove Men+Care Fresh Clean 2 in 1 Shampoo + Conditioner 12 Ounce
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 5, 2014
I was looking for a milder shampoo for the winter when my hair tends to dry out, so decided to try Dove's 2 in 1 option. As a shampoo it works reasonably well, though still leaves my hair dryer than I would expect for a product that includes conditioner.

My complaint is that the shampoo has been very irritating to my skin, causing peeling and flaking on my cheeks, forehead, and behind my ears. My skin is so rough it feels like it has a five o'clock shadow even when I've just shaved.

I will have to toss the rest of the bottle.
Size: 12 Oz|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I'm probably not the only guy to think there's no big diff between shampoo and body wash. They both clean and lather. And I got hair on other parts of my body, so I figure ....why not? I already got the bottle in my paw....

*Squirt*
*Lather*
*Suds*
...ahhhhh. See, it ain't so bad - hey! wait a minute!

Oh yeah, there's Menthol in here. So what happened next? Places got tingly that you don't want getting tingly. Well, at least not with menthol. And if you know anything about menthol, it's that it gets more intense long after it's rinsed off. Long after you get dressed. Long after the novelty wears off.

Meh, at least everything feels fresh and clean. And the shampoo did smell nice.

Moral of the Story - Some shampoos aren't great at doubling as a 3 in 1, all-in-one hygienic aids. Live n learn. I'm a guy, sometimes this is just what we do.
22 comments| 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 23, 2015
(Review by Wife) Honestly, the Dove Men+Care Fresh Clean 2 in 1 Shampoo is not a something I'd normally use due to the scent. It's more.. Man-friendly. That being said, I did reach for it blindly & squirted some onto my hand. Felt too wasteful to toss, so gave it a try. I was pleasantly surprised. It foams well, has a nice tingly feel, & cleaned my hair well. Since it supposedly has a conditioner in it, i towel dried my hair & ran the wide tooth comb through it. Goes through decently, but not as well as when I condition my hair. Not the perfect product, but pretty good. Especially at the sale price
on October 13, 2015
I'll keep this short and sweet! Its a 2 in one conditioner shampoo it has menthol in it and gives your head that "tingle-y" feeling it smells ok, BUT FOR ME its not an ideal product.

I am a smoker and I have been smoking for YEARS I have used many shampoos and conditioners over the years as well, but FOR SOME REASON this doesnt mix WITH MY chemistry (it might be ok for you though)

I dont know if its the menthol or the caffeine or WHAT, but it does something to my body chemistry! (and nothing good)

After using this stuff it made my head SMELL BAD! Yes it could be attributed to my bad smoking habit ,but as I stated I have used many shampoos and conditioners and HAVE NEVER HAD the "problem" that this shampoo had given me! The only way I could describe it is "STINKY HOT HEAD" (LOL)

I will not be purchasing this again and since I have stopped using it I have not had that "stinky head" smell. Its not my diet cause I eat the same stuff and I still smoke so.... The only thing it could have been was this stuff!

IF ANYONE has had a similar experience id like to know!

I wont say this is a bad product its just NOT good FOR ME!
on February 26, 2015
I really like this shampoo. It smells good without going over the top "man" scent and leaves my hair feeling clean.

A lot of times, this shampoo is on super sale and you're able to get it for the price of a travel size. When that happens, jump on it! You won't regret the value for a quality 2 in 1 shampoo for men that won't leave you smelling like you bathed in Brut.
on September 17, 2015
This is my boyfriend's shampoo of choice, and I have to say I agree. I love the way it makes his hair smell! The menthol leaves a nice scent and I've snuck and used it a few times myself, and the caffeine and menthol makes your scalp feel nice and tingly. Really gets rid of all the grease and grime from a whole day of work. Some girlier shampoo don't show the dirty proof of getting your hair clean and I love how fresh my hair feels afterwards, when I get a chance to sneak and use it. Neither of us have experienced any peeling skin or issues, and will definitely be repeat buyers of this.
on March 10, 2015
Got this for my husband since he doesn't really care what shampoo he uses and I some how got it for $1.50. I don't like the scent at all, which I guess I could live with for that price except the scent SOOOO strong. Ya know that feeling you get when someone walks by that bathed in axe body spray? The feeling like you're drowning and can't breath yet you're totally not under water? Welcome to it in shampoo form. If you're one of THOSE axe kinda people... you'll love this. If you're not buy at your own risk. As for how it cleans all my husband could tell me was " yeah my hair is clean" ......thanks for that hub.
on May 14, 2015
The primary reason I purchased this shampoo is that I was greatly impressed with the fresh scent of the "Extra Fresh" bar soap so I wanted more products with the same great smell. Unfortunately neither this shampoo nor the body wash (reviewed separately) smells the same. I'm not sure why they would be labeled as the same scent when they don't smell the same. That being said, this is an interesting shampoo. A unique combination of menthol and caffeine helps me wake up in the morning. I may purchase it again as I have not found another shampoo that I really like.
on November 2, 2015
Its ok. I wanted a shampoo conditioner combo that felt minty, and thought Id try this. I cant really feel the menthol in it, not on my head at least. I have tried washing elsewhere with it and, if you can imagine a part of your body that is more sensitive than the rest, I can definitely feel it there.

As far as scent goes, I like it. I like everything really. I was just hoping to be able to get a tingly or minty feeling from it. Maybe my scalp is just insensitive, who knows. But, thats why I reduced it to 4 stars
on October 24, 2014
For me as a college kid, shampoo selection usually equates to whether I want hair that's slightly dry or greasy at a price. What I can say about this shampoo is that it sort of combines the best qualities from both sides of that spectrum, if that makes sense. It leaves your hair feeling light and completely clean. It puts hair into a state that's very easy to work with, which is great if you use styling products. It doesn't leave the scalp itchy, dry, or tight at all. The menthol gives it a very refreshing cooling effect, so it would probably be a great shampoo for summer or post-workout. This is worth the money, and I am poor college student saying this.