Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

Dove unveiled its Essential Nutrients face care line in 2003. The skin care experts at Dove paid special attention to the use of lipids (nutrients found naturally in healthy skin) to help replace some of the skin nutrients that are lost on a daily basis. Weather, sun exposure, and daily washing routines contribute to lipid depletion in the skin. Dove selected several "essential nutrients" to add to the Essential Nutrients line, including fatty acids (stearic, oleic, and linoleic), ceramides (the current "it" cosmetic ingredient), and cholesterol. Fatty acids are believed to help maintain the suppleness and elasticity of skin, while ceramides and cholesterol improve the outer layer barrier function and improve skin's moisture balance. Containing vitamins, minerals, green tea extract, and fresh spring water, the new Dove skin products are excellent - and are reasonably priced and readily available.
I've been using the Non-Foaming Cleansing Lotion for Sensitive Skin for about three months now and this gentle, non-foaming cleanser is my favorite in this terrific skin care line. I usually do not care for non-foaming cleansers. They just don't leave my skin feeling clean, without residue. Dove's non-foaming cleansing lotion really does the job, however. It removes make-up, dirt and oil without drying my skin or leaving it with a too tight feeling. You can either rinse the lotion off with warm water or use a tissue to wipe it off. This product can certainly stand up to similar, more expensive products on the market today. Highly recommended!
JANA
on February 20, 2004
This product is very similar to a cold creme in that it is very oily (a lot of petrolium and mineral oil). I have used Cetaphil and more recently Purpose for dry skin. I normally love Dove products; however, I would definitly reccomend the Purpose over the Dove. The Dove did not rinse completely off and left a thin film on my skin. That said, it is very gentle.
on June 17, 2005
I have extremely sensitive skin, and have had a very difficult time finding something that will cleanse my skin without irritating it. I have mild rosacea, and finding something like is next to impossible! I used Cetaphil for a while, simply because it was so gentle - but - it was TOO gentle! Although it didn't irritate my skin like most cleansers, it didn't remove all of my make up, and I'd break out. Then, I tried Dove's Sensitive Essentials non-foaming face lotion - and woah! I just can't believe it. Not only does it clean my skin and remove ALL of my make up and keep the break outs at bay, it doesn't irritate my face and cause a rosacea flare-up! Anyone whose got rosacea knows how remarkable a product like this is. I would reccomend it to anyone who has sensitive skin. Trust me, I've been looking for something like this for 5 years. The ONLY negative thing I can say about this product is that it does not get rid of blackheads - but heck - what product REALLY does? This is why I gave it 4 stars instead of 5. Otherwise, I highly recommend this product!
on June 25, 2005
Like 2 of the 3 reviewers above, I have sensitive and dry skin. I recently read an article about how important it is for skin over 50 (which my skin is :) to be moisturized at each step of skin care. It's really hard to find a product that cleanses and doesn't irritate my eyes or cause a rash on my hands as I use it--I'm sensitive!! My friend sells Mary Kay and their cleanser for aging skin is good, but 3 times as much. I also like the Nivea/Visage Gentle cleansing cream for dry skin, but don't know about using the microbeads twice a day--and once I got a microbead in my eye--not fun. I use good skin care on my aging skin (including Stivectin SD) and look young for my age, but noticed a difference with this product. Please, someone at Dove/Unilever, hear my plea!
on April 9, 2014
This is a very good non-foaming cleanser. I would compare it to the similar Mary Kay product. It is gentle on the skin, and leaves a light moisturizing feeling--it feels goooooood. It just takes a little bit to do the job.
on November 6, 2014
This cleanser is awful, it does not cleanse your face, it just adds a kind of bad quality of moisturizer on your face that clog your pores and leaves a patina of grease on the surface of your skin.
on April 4, 2014
I use it daily and it is great. I don't know why you have to have so many words. If it is good it is good.
on July 23, 2015
Works well, especially for sensitive skin.
on July 14, 2005
I picked this up on a whim while I was out shopping for my usual face care. This quickly became my new skin care regime since it left my skin so soft and clean. I am really disappointed that this is being discontinued but at least I can get a few bottles here before it's all gone. I have dry and sensitive skin. This is great for travel since my skin always gets oily when I am in the car for a long time, road grime I suppose. A few minutes washing your face with this and all is well again.