‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars I didn't think I'd ever write a review for bar soap..., September 3, 2012
This review is from: Dove Men + Care Body and Face Bar, Extra Fresh, 4 ounce, 4 Count (Pack of 2) (Misc.)
...but this soap definitely deserves it. Being a college student I usually buy the cheap Irish Spring soaps, which all have the same poignant scent that lets everyone around you know that you're, well, using Irish Springs. The cheaper soaps also deteriorate faster (about 7 uses average for me, per bar), and leave my sensitive skin itchy.

I've only had the dove soap through one bar, but the first bar lasted me 16 showers - a little over 2 weeks on average. Because of this, the price is comparable to the cheaper brands, which allows me to consider it as paying the same for both. This instantly makes the dove soap come out ahead.
-Dove's brand has a much "quieter" smell, almost like a natural musk.
-It's a lot more dense and stays compact even during the end of its use, where other soaps I've used fall apart and flake/stick onto your body unknowingly. You can see the name engraving on the soap bar all the way until it's couple last uses, which I think demonstrates this fact.
-My skin is no longer itchy/red after I shower whereas my skin was clearly too sensitive for other brands.

Overall I just feel cleaner. The soap simply works better for me and smells nicer. Overall it ends up costing the same, so it's a no-brainer 5 star here.

5.0 out of 5 stars A favorite bar soap, April 8, 2012
John A. (Dallas,TX USA) - See all my reviews
I don't necessarily use bar soaps, but I have used Dove before (which I liked) and was intrigued by their Men+Care line. After trying it I can say that it has a generic "fresh" scent that is subtle, which I prefer as I do not like body washes or soaps that have strong scents that compete with my cologne. What I have always liked about Dove body washes/soaps is that they leave my skin feeling clean and moisturized and that does not change with this soap. So all-in-all, I will turn to this soap should I have a need for a soap bar.

5.0 out of 5 stars A New Favorite Soap, June 3, 2012
Tim (Central Coast California) - See all my reviews
I have been part of the Bath Gel and loofa craze for quite some time and honestly forgot everything about bath soaps. Now I remember I switched to bath gel because bar soap left my skin dry, but you can throw that standard right out the door with this new soap. This soap, like almost all dove bar soap has moisturizer built into its recipe. The result is that after washing my skin actually feels healthier than when it did before showering. It hasn't stopped be from still using a lotion, but I no longer have to use as much or use it as often. I bought a 6 pack at my local store for around $7 so the price on amazon is very fair. Also that being said I just started into my third bar last week after about six months. So ~$5 a year for soap that does a better job, I am using this stuff until someone can top it. I like the fresh scent over the deep clean, but they will both give you the same results. I am sure there names are more about targeted advertising than and actual difference in performance of the products.

Pros:
+Cheaper than bath gel
+Leave skin healthy than bath gel
+Doesn't dry out skin like other bar soaps.

Cons:
-Less convenient than bath gel

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing soap!, January 14, 2014
Amazing product, I have had bad acne for most of my life and as soon as I started using this, it started clearing up. I originally bought this for my body soap, but after noticing how well the soap worked on my face, I had to buy more! After trying numerous amounts of face-wash out, I was shocked to see this work so well!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dove Men + Care Soap, May 23, 2013
great soap. great price. I would highly recommend ordering it if you currently buy it at a local store. You get more for a cheap price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dove men care soap, May 15, 2013
Quality product. Best product from dove in a long time. Dove men care lives up to its name.A must buy in my opinion

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Soap for Men Out There, May 9, 2013
Have been using this soap since it first came out and love it. Definitely highly recommended if you're into the bar like I am.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Soap, April 24, 2013
Good soap that keeps me nice and clean, smelling and feeling fresh. Has a nice manly smell to it and isn't too harsh on my skin, yet is strong enough to do its job.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, March 12, 2013
The soap I used to use was comfortable enough, but I've noticed my skin getting pretty dry and itchy in the DC winters so I've looked for an alternative. This is better, but not by a huge margin. Seems to last pretty long. There's a deep clean type by Dove with grout in it, but that's not for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, March 6, 2013
It was easy to work with this shipper. I have no complaints about them. Everything was great and without problem.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›