5.0 out of 5 stars great bags
Published 22 months ago by jr

1.0 out of 5 stars Nowhere near as rugged as it looks
I purchased this product on September 28, 2013 and the left access pocket has already torn away from the bag all across the top. I only use this for a gym bag and already it is torn not even a month later? Absolutely ridiculous.
Published 9 months ago by SJ

5.0 out of 5 stars great bags, October 1, 2012
when i was looking for m/c bags, i asked my dealer to order from t-bags. he told me to try iron rider, as he thought they were better product. i ordered them (main bag and overnight bag) and when i got them, i was very happy with the way they attached both to the bike and to each other. My first trip, i got stopped by a police officer in minneapolis mn and when he got out of the car,
instead of a ticket, he asked me what kind of bags they were. i told him and he stated he bought t-bags and hated them as they wouldn't stay on. he was going to go out after work and order some. on that same trip, another rider with us had t-bags and we had to stop twice to re-attach his bag. i love these bags and just bought another set for my wifes bike in sept when we went to omaha for a weekend. great bags for a good price. (my wife does not pack light, and we had plenty of room for clothes for her, me and my daughter)

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Bag.. not as big as I thought it would be.., June 13, 2013
I just received my Dowco Iron Rider Main Bag today. I'm very impressed with the construction quality of the bag. It was packaged well.. and arrived unharmed by delivery. I mounted it to my 2012 Triumph Thunderbird.. and it sits very securely on the luggage rack. The velcro straps offer plenty of security.. and the added mounting straps add even more security. There's no doubt this bag will hold up to touring conditions.

My only complaint would be that the expandable side pockets do not actually expand the inside capacity of the bag. Theres a divider. So the expandable side pockets only expand to give you a slightly larger side pocket. So basically.. this bag is the same size as the "overnighter" with the addition of side pockets. To give you an idea of the capacity of the main compartment.. I put my full face helmet inside the bag.. and there was not much room left. Maybe enough room to put a few pairs of socks etc. Oh.. and my helmet is a size large.

This bag will do great for some overnight trips.. and maybe a weekend getaway. But if you intend on doing some real touring.. you'll need to add more bags. I think I'll look into adding the large roll bag to my setup. That.. along with my saddle bags.. should give me enough storage for my 4000 mile round trip from Boston to Sturgis this year.

Overall.. I'm still very please with this bag. Very high quality. The price is decent.. so it affords the option to add extra bags without breaking the bank.

4 to 4.5 stars from me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Like this bag!!, June 19, 2013
Nicely constructed, high quality product. Semi-Rigid sides definitely keeps its shape whether full or empty, w/o any sagging. Highly adaptable mounting system w/ excellent Velcro on the sissy bar (rear) straps & under body clasps holds this baby quite securely. I've taken this on air planes, to the grocery store, Home Depot & the beer store, you can really load it up with confidence. Nothing is perfect and almost every product has a feature you might have done a little differently, but overall this is a solid bag & I've got no regrets whatsoever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unless you go with hard bags you won't find a better setup., December 3, 2013
I used this bag for about 6 months now almost everyday, (6-7000 miles) to carry my gear to work. It's holding up very well. No leaks, rips, or wear at this point.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best bang for my $, December 30, 2011
Found a year end sale at 40% off. Bought the Main Bag and the Overnight Bag. The Main Bag has plenty of room for both of us taking 2 days worth of clothing a bath goods. I could also get my 2 man tent inside, add the Overnight bag and I can take a small camping stove. Originally I was considering the T Bag luggage, the place I went had both, I would have bought the Iron Biker luggage over the T Bag luggage. It just seemed to be of better quality, they hold their shape being empty. Easy install and can add a handle to transport, can also be used as carry on for any airline. Taking off for the weekend tomorrow, will follow up this review after actual use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dowco overnight bag, December 16, 2011
Great bag for carring the things you need quickly and conviniently. Great for cameras, cell phones and lunch if needed. Has an amazing amount of room for a bag this size. Well orginized with easy access. Rides very well on the bike no matter how its loaded

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT MC LUGGAGE, August 12, 2013
I have had these bags for seven years now. They have held up very well and served their purpose well. I recently came back from a trip to Sturgis. My wife and I went with nothing but two of these bags strapped on the back of the Springer. We got caught in a heavy rain storm on our way back to Rapid City from Mt. Rushmore and Crazy Horse. The reason I had to write this review is I had the main bag on the back of the bike with our souvenirs and such in the bag during the rain storm. I was not even using the rain cover you get with the bag and the contents of the bag stayed dry as a bone. I was driving on the road in heavy rain for 45 minutes and the bag held up very well. Nothing inside it got wet. I am so impressed, I am now going to purchase another main bag. I currently have the main bag and the over night bag. The wife is not happy that she had to use the over night bag on the trip (Her clothes are much smaller than mine).

5.0 out of 5 stars Dowco Overnight Bag, March 19, 2013
I have saddle bags on my Harley Softail, but bending down and undoing buckles doesn't appeal to me with my 70 year old back ! I was looking for a small bag to go on my luggage rack, to take day things, like camera, sun glasses, revolver ( only joking !) This bag has been just what the doctor ordered. Good Quality, and well constructed. Bag holds its shape, and is easy to zip open and closed. I like the two zips, and I keep a small combination padlock on when I leave the bike.I liked it so much, my friend has since bought one also. Kind regards, Paul Dickinson, New Zealand.

5.0 out of 5 stars great bags, October 1, 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Great alone or together with the Main Bag, May 29, 2012
This bag is a great addition to my Iron Rider Main Bag, or as a stand alone bag. It is the same size as the main compartment of the Main Bag but without the two end compartments. Comes with all the attachment straps you need as well as a rain cover (which doesn't look too waterproof). Only with both ends had the netting on the outside.

Dowco 50127-00 Iron Rider Roll Bag (Black)
$50.99 $39.99