Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Down in the Garden
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on May 11, 2000
Down In The Garden is one of my favorite Anne Geddes books. I love flowers and babies and this book puts the two together! Everything Anne Geddes does is sure to fill your day with sunshine!
Ms. Geddes fills her large, oversized color pages with stunning pictures of a whimsical garden populated by babies. Her tiny models appear as fairies, flowers, insects, birds, and other small animals in the garden. Her imagination will transform the way you see babies . . . and gardens forever. You'll be glad to have experienced her magical touch.
The images are enlivened by simple texts of a few words just to help create a mood or a thought.
The compositions are quite elaborate. One contains dozens of children dressed up in worm outfits, and then transposed onto an image of them all in tunnels underground in the garden. What an amazing effort this must have taken!
One of her presentation techniques is to have a photograph inside a photograph. For example, there is a two page spread of a basket. Then, you can unfold the middle of the basket to reveal its babyish contents! In another place, she plays peek-a-boo with you by hiding one image within the photograph under a flap which you can open. When you do, the photograph's meaning totally changes.
As wonderful as her imagination and compositions are, I think her finest gift is to capture the baby's personality while awake.
The quality of the reproductions is extremely high, particularly considering that she is working with squirming infants in many cases.
Here are my favorites in the book:
Moth Orchid Triplets; Monica; Christopher; Aisha, Tayla and Grace; Wet Sparrow; Magnolia Bud; Sarah; Potting Shed; Starring Triplets -- Jim, Flora and Pearl; Window Planter; Strawberry Planter; Canterbury Belles; Ruby; Tea Pot, Watering Can and Milk Jug; Birdhouse; and Jessie.
This book would make a wonderful gift for expectant parents. They would suddenly feel their budding love for the developing baby evolve in new ways.
After you enjoy this book, consider where else a little magic and a dash of fantasy can create good feelings that will lead to more love and caring. How can you add those elements?
Enjoy the perpetual freshness of birth and youth around you!
on July 29, 1997
My eight-month-old daughter loves this book. The Geddes photographs of children dressed as animals and fantasy creatures (fairies and gnomes) accompany numbers one through ten. The book is very colorful, cute-as-the-dickens, and though it isn't a board book, the pages are very sturdy and are holding up well to her forceful turns.

The only reason I didn't give it a "10" is because I wish it were longer! Maybe Geddes can count up to 20 next time!

Briana LeClaire (bri-tom@moscow.com)
on August 11, 1999
If you love babies, this book is a must have! I got this book a couple of years ago,my husband gave it to me for a x'mas present, I never get tired of looking at the cute babies featured at the book,Last year I was blessed with one.I'm looking up for books that my little one would enjoy by the same author, and I thought it wouldn't hurt to give a review to add to the list.
on October 18, 1998
When I first saw the cover of this beautiful book, I knew treasures were tucked inside. For a moment I hesitated because of the price. It is worth every penny and then some. It evokes such feelings of joy and wonder and shows the most beautiful part of all of us...our precious babies. Add it to your Christmas list! Thank you Anne for a captivating book that is overflowing with lush images of innocence.
on July 31, 1997
Do you wonder often about the miracle of life ? Buy this book and every time you open it, you will be delighted by the wonderful pictures of babies, which will take you to a dreamy, sunny, fairy tale-like little paradise...it will bring a smile on everybody's face, even the most cynical - "the world-is-going-to-pieces-anyway" - people. I am convinced this book opens all the hidden, subconscious feelings we had when we were still in our mothers' womb...
Having a bad day ? Looking at Anne Geddes' little elfins, flowerbabies or the cutest little faces you have ever seen, will make you realize life is STILL a miracle. It will bring some of your long lost innocence back...you never realized you still had it, didn't you ?
on March 1, 1999
This book was a wonderful example of Anne Geddes many books! She always captures the moment, exactly when the babies' are just right! I love to see all the many faces of the babies, as well as the creative costumes. I love the theme of Down in the Garden because she has so so so many pictures that go with that theme! It's neat how Anne has the creative ability to photograph so well! Once again I really enjoyed this book and I recommend this book to all of you!
on July 9, 1997
I simply loved this book! The babies in it are the
most adorable little creatures! There is something
about Anne Geddes's photos, a sort of charm about
them, that makes me smile. My favorite picture is the
one of the waterlily baby. She is simply adorable!
If you read the book, you should recognize her: She
sits in a lily pond, and has a ring of purple flowers
around her face. Oh! She just SO cute! Anyway, this
book is wonderful!
on January 9, 2014
Not as cute as I thought, but as far as I know the cutest baby coffee table book out there. Some of the pictures are more weird than cute, some are cute. Just what you would expect, except a little less cute.
on December 14, 1996
Adorable! This anthology by New Zealand-based Anne Geddes is the most wonderful book ever made
about babies. In this haven of diapered (and non-diapered, too!) babies has the little angels
posing as everything from waterliles to teddy bears. My personal favorite is the waterlily baby,
who goes by the name of Tayla (I discovered this through a bit of research). If you read it,
you'll recognize her as the one by this description: a lovable, chubby infant poised in a pool of
water, surrounded by lilypads (and even a little green frog), a little purple and yellow flower
"crown" ringing her grinning face...oh! I love her! Well, enough about what I like. All in all,
this is a beautiful book that will bring a smile to your lips whenever you look through it. Even
though amazon.com does not currently have it, you CAN get it at Books-A-Million, Wladenbooks, and
other bookstores. A special offer: when you read it, e-mail me at sarahhall@juno.com with a short
description of your favorite picture. I'll look forward to your response, so buy the book today!
Your heart will lift, and your day will be made by this beautiful collection.