Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Down IV Part I - The Purple EP
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Audio CD|Change

on January 30, 2013
I've been a big fan of this band since NOLA was first released, but they seem to have fallen into a songwriting rut after II. Levitation and Witchtripper are cool songs but the rest I found underwhelming.
on October 20, 2012
I've been waiting for these guys to come out with new music and they brought a perfect blend of the three previous albums. I suggest fans of Down, Patera, Crowbar & COC should buy this and enjoy the first part of Down IV. Sheer Dominance
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 28, 2012
When the mailman came with the package I was stoned with the quality! This is the best record I bought this year! 6 tracks, like Phillip said: "All killer, no filler". It's so beautiful to look at the album cover when i'm listening to it, awesome work from the DOWN guys!
on October 17, 2012
I have been listening to Down since I was twelve and they have yet to put out a disappointing album. This particular album sounds more like Down's second album Bustle in Your Hedgerow. I would recommend this to ANYONE AND EVERYONE THAT HAS EARS!!!! If you only listen to one band for the rest of your life it should be Down!!!!
on October 10, 2012
I think this is easily their best effort since NOLA. The sound is little more raw as opposed to the polish that 3 Stars brought us. Pepper and Kirk's riffs are thick and groovy as ever. Phil's voice is great and fits the feel of this album. Easily one of my favorite album purchases this year.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 5, 2012
I'll admit when I first heard this EP, I was a little worried that I wouldn't like it. But then it grew on me. Keenan's riffs combined with Anselmo vocals come together to create an excellent EP that I would feel comfortable recommending to any of my friends who enjoy a nice slice of hard rock/metal straight out of NOLA.
on October 29, 2012
This is more bone cruching music from Phil and the gang. It like there was not a lay off at all. If you are a fan of Down this is a welcomed addition to your collection. i highly recommend this album.
on October 19, 2012
So this rules !its a Stealer production. Philip Anselmo is on his A game on this album. His best vocal performance since the first down album. Pepper n Winsten are doing some killer riff through the whole six songs.bower power nuff said.new bass player bruders is fitting in just great. Loving this album!
on December 9, 2012
Not Pantera but it is a good piece of Metal Witchtripper instant hit, but this album and single will be cult classics and will be enjoyed by Metalheads for years to come!!!!!!!\m/..\m/
on October 15, 2012
Great album! I really think these guys have a great sound, but I'm a little biased. I've been a huge Anselmo fan for years,so this is great-not to mention the best of Crowbar and C.O.C. tagging along for the ride!