iWork '09
$24.95
Add to cart
Download the Free Trial at Apple's Website I downloaded the trial and to be frank Apple has brought Pages up to spec with Word 2004, yet the differences between iWork 08 and 09 are small. Thankfully, iWork 08 and 09 work beautifully with OS 10.5 and spaces - unlike Word 2004 and 2008 for mac, which suffer from graphics errors when dragging the app from space to space. Is it worth the $79.99 just for an upgrade??
I'm mainly a pages user and the differences are not worth $80 - even though the price is a bargain compared with Microsoft's dross. If you're buying iWork for the first time then YES buy it because it's infinitely more stable, cheaper and easier to use than Office Mac 2008. Plus you can share files in doc, pdf, rtf formats.
asked by J. A. Williams on January 8, 2009
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
iWork is great with ppt, vivalarevolution. Only thing is that Keynote is so far advanced beyond PowerPoint so some of the amazing transitions won't carry over.

To be perfectly frank, OpenOffice.org sucks compared to MS Office and iWork.
Photoguy answered on August 13, 2009
Comment | 5 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
My experience with the free trial download has been frustrating and wish I had never accepted the 2009 trial offer. Perhaps due to my ignorance, the 2009 trial version appears to have hijacked all my IWork 2008 Pages and Numbers files and will not allow me to save, print or export them without IWork 2009. Since my trial period has expired it appears I am forced to either abandon these files or purchase IWork 2009. I now get a dialog box telling I cannot save, print or export without the 2009 version even though these files were created and saved in IWork 2008. Can anyone help?
J. Gray answered on November 7, 2009
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Tried OpenOffice. Think both MS Office and iworks is better.
BigBrotherAmazon answered on May 9, 2009
Comment | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have iworks and it did not work for ppt. OpenOffice on the other hand saved me it works perfectly great FREE program. I was going to have to shell out another 100 bucks for microsoft office.
vivalarevolution answered on June 27, 2009
Comment | 0 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thank you for posting your experience of the trial offer for iWork 09. It saved me considerable time &
headache. I just spent over a month working on problems with snow leopard resulting in erasing my mac
and installing Leopard, iWork 2008, iLife, & the Intego Virus barrier. Vowed that I would fully study any new programs that apple came out with before buying and installing them. Was ready to try the trial version of iWork 09......so glad I read your review! My mac is up and running just as I like it so will leave it alone.
Regisanna answered on February 22, 2010
Comment | 0 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
You really should try OpenOffice. Go to openoffice.org. It's free.
Nervous Pervis answered on January 31, 2009
Comment | 0 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product