Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Twelve Nights in Hollywood forum

Download this set or buy the physical CDs

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 16, 2010 9:54:56 PM PDT
KAL-EL says:
Ok, I am very interested in buying Ella's box set. My preference is usually buying an artists CD over any compressed music. However, I have been reading in the reviews area that the CDs in this boxset are poorly sealed. So I am now wondering if it would be worth it just to download the set in mp3 form?

Posted on May 25, 2010 4:52:50 PM PDT
N. Nemeth says:
I would purchase the CDs as I did. Yes, the packaging is eccentric. The disks slide into the top of the "book." I can see where it would be easy to damage them if you weren't careful. I would copy them to the iPod, make copies of the disks for playing on a conventional system or in the car and place the originial set on the shelf. The sound quality is quite good for a location recording from the early 1960s, though be aware that the fourth disk is in mono sound and various other tracks are also in mono as the stereo masters have been lost. All told, about 2/3 of the material is stereo and 1/3 is mono. The book's essay is fine, though it contains nothing that I hadn't read elsewhere or surmised. But the music is so good that the "blemishes" in packaging become insignificant. Hope you enjoy 'em.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Mar 16, 2010
Latest post:  May 25, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Twelve Nights in Hollywood
Twelve Nights in Hollywood by Ella Fitzgerald (Audio CD - 2009)
4.8 out of 5 stars (55)