Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 25, 2012 6:46:31 PM PDT
Steven says:
How can I download video shot with SONY HX 9V. After puting secure digital card into adapter pictures appeared on Ipad screen but no video. I did not experience this with video shot with CANON S95. What am I doing wrong.

Posted on Apr 1, 2012 1:28:36 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 1, 2012 1:37:26 PM PDT
Randomness says:
You're not doing anything wrong - by default the videos that HX9V records are in a different format (AVCHD) which iPad cannot play, but you should be able to change the video format in camera's settings to "MP4" which should be compatible with iPad.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2012 2:28:52 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 22, 2012 2:32:14 PM PDT
Stargeezer says:
What nameless said.

I have the HX5V and have ignored the AVCHD video because you can't just pop your SD card into a card reader and drag and drop the video into the directory of your choice. AVCHD requires use of their PMB software, which is easy to use, but not as easy as dragging and dropping the mp4 files. And, of course, there isn't an app for that.

Just got back from a 2-week trip with my new iPad, experimenting with using iMovie as a storyboarding tool for when I get home to my "real" editing software. Worked great, being able to use the AV adaptor to get my photos and mp4 video into the iPad and play with them in iMovie.

The only drawback (for the HX5V, at least) is that the mp4 format is 30fpm instead of 60, but does the job just fine as far as I'm concerned, since the end product is 29.97 onto a DVD.

Btw. If the "9" is like the "5", pressing Menu in any mode but video/movie allows you to change from AVCHD to MP4 file format. To make detailed video format changes, you have to have the mode dial set to video before pressing the Menu button.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2012 4:56:22 PM PDT
Steven says:
Thanks this worked perfect once I changed the format to MP4.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Mar 25, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 22, 2012

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX9V 16.2 MP Exmor R CMOS Digital Still Camera with 16x Optical Zoom G Lens, 3D Sweep Panorama and Full HD 1080/60p Video
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX9V 16.2 MP Exmor R CMOS Digital Still Camera with 16x Optical Zoom G Lens, 3D Sweep Panorama and Full HD 1080/60p Video by Sony
4.2 out of 5 stars   (338)