Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Melanie Martinez Fire TV Stick Grocery Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-20 of 20 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 9, 2011 5:17:18 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 9, 2011 5:18:06 PM PST
butlerdawg1 says:
Anyone know if the British Blu Ray will play in American players? I'm assuming so, but would like clarification. Seems like we're getting the 6-hour version beginning tonight on PBS and not the full British version (which will be available on Blu Ray in April)

Posted on Jan 14, 2011 4:28:47 AM PST
D. Rebnord says:
I have it. It plays.

Posted on Jan 25, 2011 6:37:56 AM PST
BubbaCoop says:
1080p or 1080i?
24fps?

Posted on Jan 27, 2011 10:39:50 AM PST
Pucifer says:
Somebody told me that this show was edited (shortened) for American television. Is this true? If so, will the blu-ray version contain the complete, unedited version?

Posted on Jan 30, 2011 8:25:59 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 30, 2011 10:37:55 AM PST
D. Rebnord says:
BDInfo confirms the disc is 1080p/23.976 fps. It is not region locked. The running time for the 7 episodes on the British blu-ray is 363 minutes. Special features are 31 minutes long.

Posted on Jan 31, 2011 3:03:14 AM PST
Leon says:
Please tell, do they also provide DVD versions in the same packaging? (That's fairly common with blu-rays these days.) Thank you.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 3, 2011 10:35:13 AM PST
D. Rebnord says:
No DVD. 2 blu-ray discs. That's it.

Posted on Mar 27, 2011 3:07:04 PM PDT
V. Logvinov says:
The UK BD (& DVD) also seem to have commentary tracks & deleted scenes. From the looks of it, these did not make the cut for the US release. Can anyone verify?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2011 12:02:39 AM PST
DB says:
It seems that the UK BD release is 1080p, but the US BD release is 1080i. Also, the UK release includes commentaries and deleted scenes, but the US did not. can anyone confirm this?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2012 1:35:52 PM PST
Austuna says:
This is the original unedited UK edition.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2012 4:15:58 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 22, 2012 1:10:12 PM PDT
V. Logvinov says:
Sorry, but if the US DVD or Blu-ray does not have the Commentary Tracks or Deleted Scenes that are included in the UK Disc releases, then this CANNOT be called the "original unedited UK edition." You can maybe say that the US releases have the "original unedited" EPISODES, but without those Special Features (which is what most of us originally wanted to know) we're better off ordering the UK discs, which is what I finally did. I went to amazon's UK site & ordered the UK (which is Region-Free) Blu-ray set & am quite happy. It was actually CHEAPER than the US version, too. ( http://www.amazon.co.uk/Downton-Abbey-Series-Blu-ray-Region/dp/B0046ZT40W/ref=pd_cp_d_h__2 )

DOUBLE-WIN!! :)

Posted on Mar 3, 2012 4:24:46 PM PST
DB says:
Thanks for the respond for confirming. I saw on other internet forum that the UK release does indeed include bonus not included in the US release and is region-free.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 22, 2012 8:01:31 AM PDT
Andy says:
Your link takes me to the DVD version.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 22, 2012 1:08:59 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Mar 22, 2012 1:10:34 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 22, 2012 9:18:17 PM PDT
V. Logvinov says:

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 11:07:00 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 11, 2013 11:08:22 AM PDT
Donna F says:
I have heard that the season 3 discs (DVD and Blu Ray) available in the US are missing actual bits of scenes from a few episodes. Can anybody confirm this? And if it's true, is the British Blu Ray missing them too?

Posted on Sep 2, 2013 8:39:54 AM PDT
1. The US series one is the UK version. It doesn't have the commentary tracks on the UK edition. In my opinion the commentary tracks aren't particularly interesting from a historical point of view.

2. PBS's broadcast versions of series one and the two episode series two and three are slightly edited.

3. The PBS broadcast version of Downton in series three have scenes the UK broadcast version didn't have. Since PBS released the British version of Downton series three the DVD doesn't have them either. The Amazon exclusive three series set with the bonus disc may have these "deleted" scenes.

Posted on Jan 20, 2014 8:16:17 AM PST
So I still don't feel reassured. Will the UK Edition of season 4 of Downton Abbey play in a US blu-ray?

Thanks for a simply answer to this question.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 10, 2014 9:01:58 AM PST
I have the UK Edition of Season 4 and it plays in my US blu-ray player. No problems. I have found that it is missing scenes from what has been airing on PBS in the US, which is very annoying. The bonus disc does NOT include the missing scenes.

Posted on Aug 13, 2015 3:27:49 AM PDT
Karen Baker says:
Do want to order season 5, Downton Abbey. Does your offering of DB original UK PLAY ON US blu Ray? Just need a firm reply please.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  14
Total posts:  20
Initial post:  Jan 9, 2011
Latest post:  16 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions