Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Doxie Flip - Cordless Flatbed Photo & Notebook Sca...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 23% off the $149.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
SquareTrade 3-year Office Protection Plan ($125-$150)from SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Doxie Flip - Cordless Flatbed Photo & Notebook Scanner w/ Removable Lid
|Price:||$138.88 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$11.11 (7%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Scan your story with Doxie Flip, the ultra-mobile flatbed scanner perfectly designed for photos, memories, albums, creative ideas, and pocket notebooks.
- Doxie is lightweight and portable - about the size of a book - with batteries and memory so you can scan anywhere, no computer required.
- A unique removable lid lets you flip Doxie over and place it directly on your originals. Line up scans perfectly and see your scan as it happens with Doxie's transparent scanning window.
- Doxie is built for capturing your history and creativity - scan photos, coins, ticket stubs, scrapbooks, Polaroids, letters, stamps, portraits, postcards, and pocket notebooks into digital files you can save and share. Doxie loves old albums, keepsakes, paper photos, even Field Notes and Moleskine pocket notebooks.
- Included Doxie software lets you organize your scans, stitch multiple scans together into huge originals, and save digital copies to your desktop or to the cloud for instant sharing. Scans are ideal for use with Facebook, Dropbox, and more. You can even sync scans directly to iPad with Apple's iPad SD Card Reader (sold separately).
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Doxie Flip is a new kind of flatbed scanner, designed for capturing your creativity and history. Doxie is perfectly designed and sized to capture photos, memories, creative ideas, surfaces, fabrics, and pocket notebooks. Plus, Doxie is cordless and lightweight, and works with no computer required.
Flip Doxie over and scan everything.
Doxie's unique removable lid lets you flip Doxie over and place it directly on your originals. Line up scans perfectly and see your scan as it happens with Doxie's transparent scanning window. Scan everything - you're only limited to your imagination! Doxie is perfectly designed for photos, memories, old albums, creative ideas, pocket notebooks, index cards, genealogy projects, and things you need to protect.
Amazing quality. Beautifully simple. Perfectly sized.
Doxie Flip delivers brilliant image quality up to 600 dpi. It's easy - place your original on the glass (or, remove the lid and place Doxie on your original), then push Doxie's big green button to scan to the included SD card.
What will you scan with Doxie Flip?
Doxie Flip scans originals up to 4x6" (A6), so it's perfectly sized to take with you. Doxie's removable lid makes scanning everything easy. And for larger originals, Doxie's AutoStitch feature seamlessly merges multiple scans together into one big image.
Included software and cloud features.
Import scans right to your PC or Mac with Doxie's included software, which makes it easy to organize, sort, save, and share your scans. Doxie supports cloud sharing directly to Evernote, Dropbox, and more. And Doxie's scans drop into Facebook for fast sharing with your friends and family.
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 3:22 Mins|
The scanner's max scan size is 4 x 6 which is about what your typical photo is. If you're scanning something larger (say a larger image or pages of text) you can take multiple scans of the object and using Doxie's software, stitch the scans into one image.
The scanner uses SD cards to store scanned images and is supplied with a 4GB card. This will handle about 2000+ images depending on resolution. Speaking of resolution, the scanner can scan images in either a 300 or 600 dpi resolution. 300 is good for scanning text while 600 is good to use for images. You can also adjust the sleep timer of the scanner between 1, 2 and 10 minutes. That's essentially the extent of what's configurable.
The scanner is powered by four AA batteries and you can use rechargeables which may be a good idea as depending on use the scanner can eat up batteries. It is supplied with batteries right out of the box so it's ready for use.
Overall, the scanner takes good scans whether they're in 300 or 600 dpi resolution. I haven't noticed anything wrong with what I've been scanning with it so far. The only gripe is the scanner has limited functionality onboard for editing scanned images. For instance, an essential missing feature is to delete scans you don't want. You can only review what you have scanned, if you want to delete something you have to do it on a computer. Another item is the inability to abort a scan that's in progress. Due to the placement of the scan button it's possible to inadvertently press it and you can't stop the scan.
* [Update June 2014 - Autostitch is now in there and produces great results!] Although the software is great, it doesn't yet have the auto-stitch feature enabled, which they stated as a feature.
* It doesn't autocrop the blank space around the photos. [Update June 2014 - use the Doxie software to do autocropping - much easier.]
* It chews through batteries and there's no optional power connector. Admittedly I've been using the heck out of it. So invest in some rechargeables...!
[Update June 2014 -- I've upgraded my review to 5 stars! What a great little product.]
Minus a few specks that have manifested inside of the unit, it works like a dream. I'm hoping that the specks stay off the glass, but if they do I may need to crack it open.
I take this to events to make scans of on-site non-digital photographs before they are sold. Too often I was making photos and selling them without ever having a pictorial record of them. In full sun you need to make sure you're covering the back of the unit. I also recommend that you buy the Doxie case if you travel with yours since the back glass of the unit is not protected whatsoever.
At times I scan glass plates on the unit and I've found that an iPad screen protector cut to size really helps protect the glass without any image degradation. I never attached the screen protector, it's just been cut and I place that with the clear backing sheet and all between the scanner glass and glass plate.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Standalone, light, simple to use. I love I an use it while watching TV or listening to lectures. Did over 2,000 pictures with it - very good quality of scans. Read morePublished 4 days ago by Jacob Shalev
Wo! This scanner is Sweet! Highly recommended to anyone. Very nice to archives from photos to anything imaginable. Read morePublished 8 days ago by Chevelles Lag
Great little scanner. Would be perfect if it had the ability to use an AC adapter. Can't say enough about customer service though. They get 9 stars!! Read morePublished 15 days ago by Brian R. Gardner
This is a great little scanner. Perfect for scanning pictures. Nice that you can remove the cover and flip it over to scan items in albums, such as pictures or articles in book. Read morePublished 20 days ago by Lakeshopper
I love this scanner. I am a news editor, so I use pocket notebooks to create notes for my stories for work. Read morePublished 24 days ago by higa
I love my Doxie Flip. I'm scanning all my old photo albums as I sit in front of the TV. I've had it a year and have had no problems. Read morePublished 24 days ago by ChrisH
i needed to scan a log my grandfather kept. it didn't lie flat and was hard to copy. I tried many different scanners and this one finally did it. the stitching part worked great. Read morePublished 24 days ago by Kathleen E Chieffi