Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Grocery Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback Learn more

on December 2, 2012
I rarely write product reviews but I am compelled to after using Dr. Bronner's Tea Tree Oil Soap. I have dealt with body odor the majority of my adult life. I have tried tons of different soaps that would seem to help only temporarily . I would sometimes take two showers a day and after sweating this 'funk' smell would start to form in my groin. Frankly it was embarrassing! A couple of weeks ago I decided to end this so I did research on different soaps. The all natural aspect of Dr. Bronner's was the original thing that brought me to the product but then doing further research on the benefits of Tea Tree Oil was what really sealed the deal for me. The anti-microbial,anti-fungal & anti-bacterial aspect of the soap is really evident. I have used it daily for a week and that 'funk' in my groin is completely gone. Even after a long day at work I get home and there is no odor. I'm completely impressed with this product, the people at Dr. Bronner's have gained a life-long customer!

EDIT: A month later I am still odor free!! I'm just thrilled to have finally found a solution to this years old problem. I also started using Jungleman All-Natural Deodorant which contains Tea Tree Oil and it's excellent as well.

EDIT: Two years later and I still have a bottle of this in my shower and love it as much as ever. I now try to rotate it with Bronner's Eucalyptus Soap and Chlorhexidine soap (Hibiclens but buy generic from a pet vendor much cheaper) maybe once a week. I found if you only use the Tea Tree oil the bacteria may develop a resistance and the smell slowly came back so cycling through the different soaps help prevent that!
1111 comments|161 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 5, 2015
Amazing soap. I have been using this as my body wash and it feels amazing. Not a huge fan of the scents (I own tea tree, almond, and lavender) although the scent fades right after I dry myself off so I don't really mind. Found the "cheat sheet" from Lisa Bronner's website and pasted it below:

CASTILE SOAP DILUTION CHEAT SHEET:

BODY USES:

1. FACE: 2-3 drops on wet hands, applied to wet face.
2. BODY: One small squirt on a wet washcloth, applied to a wet body.
3. HAIR: ½ Tbsp. in your hand, worked into wet hair, or dilute ½ Tbsp. in ½ a cup of water and work that into wet hair.
4. BATH: Completely depends upon water amount, but roughly 2 Tbsp. soap in an average sized tub. (Doesn't bubble, but still cleans.)
5. SHAVING: Face - 10 drops; Underarms - 3 drops; Legs - ½ tsp; Work to a lather in wet hands and then apply to area.
6. TEETH: 1 drop on a toothbrush. (Yes, it tastes like soap.)
7. FOOT BATH: 1½ tsp. in a small tub of hot water.
8. CLEARING CONGESTION: 1 Tbsp. in a bowl of steamy hot water. Breathe in mist with a towel draped over the head.

HOUSEHOLD USES:

9. DISHES (HANDWASHING): Pre-dilute 1:10 with water. Squirt on a scrub brush and scrub dishes.
10. LAUNDRY: 1/3 - 1/2 c. of soap for a large load in a normal washer. Add ½ c. vinegar to the rinse cycle. Use half of these amounts for HE.
11. MOPPING: ½ c. of soap in 3 gallons of hot water.
12. ALL-PURPOSE CLEANING: ¼ c. soap in a quart of water in a spray bottle. Add ¼ tsp. tea tree essential oil if desired.
13. WINDOWS: 1 Tbsp. soap in a quart of water in a spray bottle. Follow up with pure club soda, or half vinegar/half water.
14. TOILET: Predilute 1:4 with water in a squirt bottle. Add ¼ tsp. tea tree oil. Empty toilet, squirt bowl thoroughly, sprinkle baking soda on the brush, scrub bowl, let sit 10 minutes, turn water on, flush.
15. FRUIT & VEGGIE RINSE: 1 dash (approx.. ¼ tsp.) in a bowl of water. Dunk produce and swish. Then rinse in clear water.
16. DOG WASHING: Amount varies widely depending on size, hair type and length, and overall dirtiness. I wet my dog thoroughly, then start to work in castile soap up and down their body until I have a good lather. Really massage it in down to the skin. Your dog will thank you for it.
17. PLANT SPRAY FOR BUGS: 1 Tbsp. in a quart of water. Add ½ tsp. cayenne pepper or cinnamon, if desired.
18. ANT SPRAY (NOT ON PLANTS): ¼ c. tea tree soap in a quart of water. (This concentration will burn plants.)
11 comment|56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 22, 2013
I used it for first time today to wash my hair.I just got tired of paying alot of money on Selsum Blue.What a feeling ! No itch,just clean healthy hair and scalp !
on July 27, 2012
I have been using Dr. Bronners soaps for over 30 years now and if you have never tried these fabulous, wonderful products, you are missing one of the best overall personal care products on the planet. Have used, still use peppermint, tea tree, euco.. liquid soaps. No hard, filler soaps!
on February 26, 2014
Never wrote a review before this but I thought I'd share my two cents on this one. Struggled with face and body acne for years and been through shelves of dead end products, you've heard this story before... I don't doubt it, I have too. You know how this review ends. Miracle stuff.. Changed my life.. Best results... Etc etc etc just buy it.....
44 comments|31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 31, 2014
Best soap ever..I suffered with perspiring no matter what kind of deodorant I used..I also suffered with boils for over 20 years. But since I been using tea tree I can skip a day without deodorant an I haven't had a boil since thank you lawd..this is some good stuff..I also use a shower gel after as well so I won't be smelling like tea tree...cause the scent is strong but its great
on November 16, 2013
I have tried all kinds of organic soaps for my daughter and this in THE ONLY one that has ever done anything. Her eczema is almost all gone. She doesn't complain about itching as much and generally seems more comfortable.
on May 5, 2014
I am a 21 year old female who has struggled with acne since around the age of 15 or so. I had tried EVERYTHING from ProActiv, Biore, Neutrogena, and Burts Bees. As of late I have started to be more conscientious of the chemicals in my food and personal care products. While doing some research I came across Dr. Bronner's Tea Tree Soap and I am SO GLAD I DID. I had suffered cystic acne since my Ob/Gyn had put me on birth control pills, which continued even after I stopped the pills. After ONE use of this product the blemishes I had on my face were drying up and the cysts were less angry and inflamed. Within a week my face had no white or blackheads and the cysts were much smaller! My face now is perfectly clear other than the occasional pimple on my cheek which I usually blame my hair products for. I will warn new users though, your skin will be extra dry for the first couple weeks but my skin seems to have adjusted and stays nice and supple without any extra moisturizers. This is literally the ONLY product that touches my face! I love this stuff! It's a great natural cleanser and acne cure!
VINE VOICEon January 25, 2014
First, let me explain. I love this soap. I use it for EVERYTHING; laundry, dishes, body, hair, face, cats, dogs, babies, etc. The list can include almost anything you throw at this amazing stuff. This is magic.

Now, the story of how I came to Dr. Bronners lover: My boyfriend (now husband) first introduced me to this soap and I was skeptical. I never trust body washes to really clean my skin, I feel like they leave a chemical residue on my skin and don't remove any of the actual "dirt" or body oils. Besides, liquid soaps creep me out somehow, I know that sounds crazy, but I grew up using bar soaps to wash my body and face, shampoo and conditioner for my hair. This idea of all-in-one soap was

I gave this soap a try in the shower, giving the bottle a squeeze. My hand overflowed. Maybe I cursed. This is why I hate liquid soaps, I thought. Then I lathered the soap in my hands and it was like MAGIC. I lathered it in my hair, which is long, and it quickly frothed to a frenzy. I had tons more of this soap, so I washed my face and body, then washed the bathtub while I was at it. Soon everything was sparkling clean and the tea tree aroma reminds me of camping. I felt relaxed. Tea tree helps prevent bacterias from growing, helps acne problems, helps with poison oak and poison ivy, etc.

This is wonderful, amazing stuff. When I got poison oak, all over, I washed with tea tree soap, then rubbed tea tree on the affected parts. The rash healed up very fast and the tea tree oil helped prevent any itching. I have also used it around MRSA and it really helps with that, especially when cleaning clothing, bedding, etc. Same goes with fleas and ticks. They hate the stuff, so I wash my dog's collars and leash with this soap, wash the animals with it and it helps prevent them from getting bitten, some. We live in tick country, so nothing, no medication, etc really works to prevent ticks, but if I washed my dog daily with this soap, he smelled of it and the ticks stayed away.

Tea tree is a strong scent, so I also have unscented and the lavender scent. I love those as well. The tea tree scent is my favorite though, for all of the above reasons. I cannot say enough wonderful things about it. I try to use natural products, organic products, etc as much as possible and why use anything else BUT this soap for anything, really? I have huge bottles of this everywhere in my house. It works as an all-purpose cleaner too!

Ok, did you buy it yet?
on November 25, 2014
This stuff is awesome! I have cystic acne and have since I was 11(28 now). I do a lot of things to keep my skin clear; light therapy, a clarisonic, watch what I eat, sterilize my phone regularly etc... I generally don't believe in buying expensive things that are just going to run out, I prefer to buy tools that are expensive, and keep the replenish-able stuff cheap(I refuse to pay 30$ for a soap that is just going to run out in a month, and is barely working anyway. I have had the best luck with cheap soaps). It has been working, or at least I thought it was working... I was so wrong. So very very wrong..... I thought my skin was under control until I tried this, and I haven't worn makeup/foundation in months because my skin is so clear.

I use this exclusively on my face, and here is how I do it/mix it.
-I bought these bottles which are awesome by the way. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000UQKGOY/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_119
-I put about a half an inch of this soap on the bottom.
-I fill the rest with filtered water.
-DO NOT SHAKE. Swirl it gently. If you make bubbles in the bottle you are doing it too vigorously.
-Done. I squirt one pump on my hand and rub it on my face, then one pump on my scrub brush and wash my face as normal. Then moisturize with a little coconut oil after I get out of the shower

One mix lasted me over 8 months. That is crazy. This bottle is going to last over 10 years if I continue like this. I'll have to start using it on other things just to use it up!

Trouble shooting: Your answer is probably to dilute more.
-Your skin is too dry.= Dilute with more water, and rinse immediately. This is very concentrated. Even diluted, if you leave it on your skin for a minute, it will start to tingle(it doesn't burn, and I have sensitive skin. It tingles or maybe prickles would be a good word).
-It smells.= Well... yeah. Sniff some real tea-tree oil, and you will see this is not that bad. I don't even smell it anymore, but my hubby jokes that it is tear gas. This is not that bad of a tea-tree oil smell. Eventually you will associate this smell with clean, and it doesn't last or linger after you rinse. A lot of people compared this to Pine-Sol, which I think is totally inaccurate. Pine-Sol smells like PINE. This does not smell like pine. It smells more medicinal and herb like. And honestly, for clear skin, I would tolerate just about any smell. I think the peppermint smells more strongly than this does.
-It is oily.= I honestly have no idea how you are doing that. This soap, and all the Dr Bronners I have, will strip oils. Like squeaky clean. I would try remixing it following my directions above. I think you have a weird ratio of soap to water. Mine is 1 soap to 10 water(if not more water).

This is fabulous stuff and if I EVER run out I will buy more.