5.0 out of 5 stars A little clarification may be in order here..., September 20, 2009
Kalo Alexandra "machine monkey" (Sacramento, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dr. Bronner's Sal Suds, 32-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 2) (Health and Beauty)
Here's the thing: SALS is not a soap. It is not made from the saponified natural oils like most of Bronners excellent products. This is a mix of surfactants derived from natural sources. While it is mild enough for skin contact, it is not intended for cleaning bodies. SALS is a concentrated cleanser for use on hard surfaces. Floors, counters, walls... like that.
If it helps, think of this as a natural, non-irritating, highly concentrated pinesol competitor. It rinses clean and breaks down very quickly. [...].

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful stuff, February 10, 2009
We use this for washing dishes. We dilute it at a ratio of 8 parts water to 1 part Sal suds. Pure guesswork on our part...it might be just as effective at a higher ratio.

We have a professional cleaning lady come to the house for a few hours every two weeks. She's using it to wash our floors, sinks, counter tops, appliances, you name it. Again always diluted. She loved it so much she asked me to buy her some.

The other day I noticed a few black streaks on the tile floor that looked like road tar. From habit I grabbed a bottle of Fantastic from under the sink and a paper towel and started scrubbing, using my fingernail to help scrape it off. I was having a helluva time and then remember the Sal suds. Put a few drops of undiluted Sal suds on it and voila! the marks came off easy as pie. Love this stuff, best cleaner my wife and I have ever used.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best all around cleaner ever, June 28, 2009
I have used this in my cleaning business for nearly a decade now, and will quit cleaning when I can no longer get it! A little goes a long way, and it cleans just about everything. A capful mixed with water cleans: windows, marble/granite, wood floors, streak free. I use it to clean walls and trim, my car, dishes, laundry, and I've even used it as shampoo in a pinch with no problems!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Stuff! - Get Over the SLS, September 5, 2010
Jennifer "keep thinking" (YPSILANTI, MI, United States) - See all my reviews
I've used this soap for Years and feel like 11 out of the 12 reviewers thus far. I read the single One Star review on here and was Seriously Annoyed. It does have a coconut derived Sodium Laurel Sulfate, which I'm Totally Against in SKIN CARE. The Reason... please understand... that I'm against SLS in skincare is because I have dermatitis - and SLS is a known irritant. SLS is SAFE - it does NOT cause cancer - this is a marketing Myth that many companies have exploited. Hydrogen Peroxide can irritate skin, as can vinegar - helk, remember when you were four and wet your pants?- didn't that itch and burn until you got home to change?... if pee is toxic, babies all over the world are in... well you get the point.

Another commenter on the one star review posted this awesome link - that really covers all I could tell you, [...]. Please follow the link if you're one of the thousands who've been mislead by marketing ploys. If you have any tendency toward dermatitis, then avoid SLS and other things like it - if you're just flipping out over every whisper of cancer, get a grip - there are Terrible ingredients out there - ingredients you really Do need to worry about - this is NOT one of them!

This product is for you HOUSE- Not your skin!! Even at that, I've had bad skin allergies since I was born and I can use this stuff to clean without gloves! That's saying something from someone who can't swim in a normal pool without itching for hours to come. You use it in very small amounts because it's Very Concentrated. I Love the book Clean and Green - and use this as my base for most of those recipes. I Would advise Avoiding SLS in your shampoos and skincare soaps if you have allergies- but it's useful in household soaps, and it's biodegradable. I don't understand people who respond to specific ingredients like they're spiders out to get them - they are harmful when Misused. Under proper use they're perfectly safe. If SLS really upsets you wear gloves - but I promise it's not necessary. And this stuff cleans Beautifully!!

5.0 out of 5 stars My go-to soap/cleaner, July 28, 2013
Jennifer (Beaver, PA United States) - See all my reviews
I first purchased Sals Suds at the beginning of June after being a long time Dr. Bronners soap user. I was initially researching uses for the Dr. Bronners soaps (especially laundry) when I came across Sals Suds and decided to give it a try. My husband and I have used it for household cleaning, dishwashing, and laundry.

The first thing I noticed was with washing our dishes. We do not have a dish washer so we wash all our dishes by hand. We diluted the soap a bit, and although the label says it may cause some skin irritation, we did not notice any irritation with either of our hands. I washed some kitchen items that had a build up of oil on them (pans, kettle, etc.) and some of the build up that we couldn't get off with regular dish soap began to come off! When we discovered this we used it in some places around the kitchen that had a build up of "kitchen goo" and it took it all off! Then I used it on the laundry and it took of took off some old stains that were on a few clothes. Some of my husband's dress shirts had what I think were fabric softener stains and they came out in one wash with Sals Suds after numerous washings with our old soap trying to get the stains out. We were going to throw the shirts away, but now we don't have to!!

100% recommend this soap to anyone, I love it!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!!!, May 26, 2010
I bought this product to use a laundry detergent mostly for items that call for delicate detergent. Well I ran out of my regular detergent and so I used a small amount in a load of cloths (mostly my husbands work shirts). Well I noticed some of the staining on his shirts where not as noticeable. I think this product worked better than my usual detergent so I am now doing every load with it. I have also used it on some bloody clothes and there was no stains after washing (the blood was dried). I will continue to use this product. I makes more sense instead of lugging the large bottles of deterent home form the store. I have a front loader so I am only using about a teaspoon of the detergent in a load. I may even try it in the dish washer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Use it to clean everything!, January 16, 2012
We use 2 tablespoons for a full load of laundry and it does as good a job as any regular, natural, or organic detergent. We had been using Method previously - which is fantastic - but the same money will go 10X as far with Sal Suds. There are other natural cleaners from Seventh Generation and Ecover that are also great, and cost about the same as Method, which makes Sal Suds a fabulous deal.

And it is hard to find a more responsible company than Dr. Bronner's. Good Guide (which comprehensively rates products and companies based upon ingredients, environmental impact, and social policies) rates them among the world's best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Cleaning Product Ever, February 4, 2010
Dr. Bronner's Sal Suds is by far the best cleaning product my family has ever used. We use it to mop our tile floors, clean our kitchen appliances, wash clothes, wash our cars, wipe down wood and leather furniture, clean up spills on upholstery, wash down concrete and more. Dr. Bronner's Sal Suds never fails to do a fantastic job at meeting our cleaning needs. Also, a little bit goes a long way. One squirt of Sal Suds in a three gallon bucket is all that is needed to create a bubbly mixture of cleaning heaven.

5.0 out of 5 stars SalSuds is great, April 6, 2010
This cleans everything. The tiniest bit will go a long way. Just be careful, makes LOTS of suds. Great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product with Eco Friendly Principles!, January 2, 2009
Amazon Customer (ALBUQUERQUE, NM United States) - See all my reviews
I have been using this for years. I have dogs and it is great for cleaning their kennel. I also use it to scrub down my kitchen and patio tile. I even use it for laundry soap. Have not tried it for dishes yet, but probably will in 2009. Makes lots of suds and a little goes a long way.