Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

on September 20, 2009
Here's the thing: SALS is not a soap. It is not made from the saponified natural oils like most of Bronners excellent products. This is a mix of surfactants derived from natural sources. While it is mild enough for skin contact, it is not intended for cleaning bodies. SALS is a concentrated cleanser for use on hard surfaces. Floors, counters, walls... like that.
If it helps, think of this as a natural, non-irritating, highly concentrated pinesol competitor. It rinses clean and breaks down very quickly. [...].
0Comment|82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 10, 2009
We use this for washing dishes. We dilute it at a ratio of 8 parts water to 1 part Sal suds. Pure guesswork on our part...it might be just as effective at a higher ratio.

We have a professional cleaning lady come to the house for a few hours every two weeks. She's using it to wash our floors, sinks, counter tops, appliances, you name it. Again always diluted. She loved it so much she asked me to buy her some.

The other day I noticed a few black streaks on the tile floor that looked like road tar. From habit I grabbed a bottle of Fantastic from under the sink and a paper towel and started scrubbing, using my fingernail to help scrape it off. I was having a helluva time and then remember the Sal suds. Put a few drops of undiluted Sal suds on it and voila! the marks came off easy as pie. Love this stuff, best cleaner my wife and I have ever used.
55 comments|55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 28, 2009
I have used this in my cleaning business for nearly a decade now, and will quit cleaning when I can no longer get it! A little goes a long way, and it cleans just about everything. A capful mixed with water cleans: windows, marble/granite, wood floors, streak free. I use it to clean walls and trim, my car, dishes, laundry, and I've even used it as shampoo in a pinch with no problems!
33 comments|41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 5, 2010
I've used this soap for Years and feel like 11 out of the 12 reviewers thus far. I read the single One Star review on here and was Seriously Annoyed. It does have a coconut derived Sodium Laurel Sulfate, which I'm Totally Against in SKIN CARE. The Reason... please understand... that I'm against SLS in skincare is because I have dermatitis - and SLS is a known irritant. SLS is SAFE - it does NOT cause cancer - this is a marketing Myth that many companies have exploited. Hydrogen Peroxide can irritate skin, as can vinegar - helk, remember when you were four and wet your pants?- didn't that itch and burn until you got home to change?... if pee is toxic, babies all over the world are in... well you get the point.

Another commenter on the one star review posted this awesome link - that really covers all I could tell you, [...]. Please follow the link if you're one of the thousands who've been mislead by marketing ploys. If you have any tendency toward dermatitis, then avoid SLS and other things like it - if you're just flipping out over every whisper of cancer, get a grip - there are Terrible ingredients out there - ingredients you really Do need to worry about - this is NOT one of them!

This product is for you HOUSE- Not your skin!! Even at that, I've had bad skin allergies since I was born and I can use this stuff to clean without gloves! That's saying something from someone who can't swim in a normal pool without itching for hours to come. You use it in very small amounts because it's Very Concentrated. I Love the book Clean and Green - and use this as my base for most of those recipes. I Would advise Avoiding SLS in your shampoos and skincare soaps if you have allergies- but it's useful in household soaps, and it's biodegradable. I don't understand people who respond to specific ingredients like they're spiders out to get them - they are harmful when Misused. Under proper use they're perfectly safe. If SLS really upsets you wear gloves - but I promise it's not necessary. And this stuff cleans Beautifully!!
on June 3, 2013
I own a small cleaning service, and have been slowly changing over to naturally based cleaning products. Finding something to clean floors was a challenge. I had been using Lysol lemon cleanser and once they changed the formula I broke out in hives. I found Sal Suds here on Amazon, and after reading the reviews, decided to give it a shot. I picked some up at a local health food store, and the love affair began. It takes just a tiny bit to do a big job, any more and you will see soap when you mop. The miraclous thing is even if you ever do it, you NEVER get a sticky, tacky, or slimy residue on the floors. I have safely mopped tile and laminate with it with no streaking, just clean floors. In my business, it's great to know my homes are clean and environmentally safe. No toxic odors or chemicals.. but CLEAN.

I've used it daily for two weeks and have barely made a dent in the bottle. I can easily see how it will last for nearly two months or more. For me, this is the true wonder of this product. It saves me money and time. I am not running up to walmart to purchase toxic and expensive products that do not work as well.

BUY it. Do not waste another minute using something else that will not work as well.
on January 16, 2012
We use 2 tablespoons for a full load of laundry and it does as good a job as any regular, natural, or organic detergent. We had been using Method previously - which is fantastic - but the same money will go 10X as far with Sal Suds. There are other natural cleaners from Seventh Generation and Ecover that are also great, and cost about the same as Method, which makes Sal Suds a fabulous deal.

And it is hard to find a more responsible company than Dr. Bronner's. Good Guide (which comprehensively rates products and companies based upon ingredients, environmental impact, and social policies) rates them among the world's best.
VINE VOICEon June 23, 2014
I purchased some of this because it was an ingredient in a recipe for insect control in the garden.
What would have been a lifetime supply for garden use has become my go-to cleaner for just about everything.
I used a tiny bit in a bucket to clean an outdoor grill stand. It worked wonderfully.
Then I added a squirt to a sink of warm water to do some cleaning and it performed beautifully.
Works as well, if not better, than the toxic cleaners that stink up your whole house and irritate your skin.
The smell is very faint and clean. I love the faint pine smell.
It makes quick work of any cleaning job and is safe to use on just about anything.
Best is how concentrated it is. A bottle will perform a lot of chores and take up far less space than a myriad of special cleaners for every task under the sun.
on November 15, 2014
So, let's see.. I have made a spray bottle of glass cleaner, spray bottle of all purpose cleaner, spray bottle of floor cleaner, and dish washing soap with this product.. and it is still pretty full! Cleans windows/mirrors streak free; counter tops and other surfaces look clean and shiny as well! It is very concentrated, so it'll last a long time. I have since thrown away all the store bought cleaners. No harsh and toxic chemicals in my house and around my children anymore. Planning on trying it as laundry detergent as well. I am very happy with this purchase.
on February 24, 2013
There are many uses for Dr. Bronner's Sal Suds, but our primary use is for laundry. It only takes a little bit to wash an entire load and because it's made from natural ingredients, it's great for baby's clothing. Since you use such a little amount, a two pack will last quite awhile and save you money as well as save the environment from harmful chemicals found in regular detergents.
on November 25, 2012
They have the best soaps and cleaners anywhere. I use their products for all my cleaning needs. Just a drop or two of Sal suds on a dish rag and you can do a lot of dishes. 1/4 cup does a load of laundry. A couple drops in a pail of water and you can mop your floor. Plus its environmentally friendly and fair trade. I whole heartedly recommend Dr. Bronners!!!