5.0 out of 5 stars Helpless laughter
Published on June 29, 2000

1.0 out of 5 stars Inappropriate
I wouldn't recomend this book for a four year old unless you want them to walk around saying fart. It is also inaccurate- getting wet does not cause tonsilitis. I wanted a good book to read to my daughter about hygiene- this is not it.
Published on July 8, 1999

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpless laughter, June 29, 2000
This review is from: Dr. Dog (Paperback)
I recently read Dr Dog to my 6 year old in a book shop. We were so helpless with laughter that another customer came up and said," Whatever it is, I have to buy it!" In the end we each bought two copies. I sent one to my father for Fathers Day. It is the most hilarious book children could possibly read about personal hygiene and bad habits. If you are at all stuffy, forget it and find something else. For children and parents alike it is very funny and very rude. My kids love it and I am just about to order a new copy from Amazon as requested by my mother-in-law.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pediatric office staff howled with delight at Dr. Dog, June 23, 1999
kgerbasi@wnyip.net (Lewiston, New York (near Niagara Falls) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dr. Dog (Paperback)
I recently became acquainted with Dr.Dog, the drawing caught my eye because he looked like one of my dogs. My husband, who is a pediatrician, loved the book. We recently read it to our office staff at the end of our annual mandatory OSHA meeting. There was plenty of useful health advice in Dr.Dog, and the staff appreciated something so funny (and gross) not unlike many of our patients. Our office manager planned to get a copy to read (to the adults) at her two year olds birthday party! What a fun book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dr. Dog, January 31, 2000
This review is from: Dr. Dog (Paperback)
I bought this book for my daughter when she was 3 beacause she wouldn't wash her hands very often, especially after going to the bathroom. She is now 5 and we still remember that you can get bad germs (and even worms) if you don't wash up. We love this book and read it often. It is hilarious and a great way to introduce children to the basics of hygiene. I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars laughed my bum off, August 1, 2000
haley (oklahoma city, ok) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dr. Dog (Paperback)
i came across this in a used book store in colorado springs and started laughing so hard that by the time i was done i was holding on to the shelf it was on so i could stand up. i don't know that it was necessarily hygenically beneficial to me, but good heavens it was funny!

5.0 out of 5 stars Things That Everyone Needs to Know, May 9, 2000
This review is from: Dr. Dog (Paperback)
Dr. Dog is the story of a very smart dog and a rather disreputable (but loving) family and how they always call on Dr. Dog to solve their little health problems. It's a wonderful book, funny with good lessons for those of any age. You will laugh while learning good habits

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny for adults as well as little ones. Highly recommend!, July 8, 2007
This review is from: Dr. Dog (Paperback)
This is a favorite of my two children! They love the funny illustrations and are interested in the descriptions of all the various Gumboyle's ailments. This is a great book for all the four year olds in your life. We have given this as a gift many many times and it is always a hit. Parents might be a little off put by the page with Kevin smoking in the garage or the eggs under the fingernails of the Gumboyle who scratched his bum... but the message about hygiene and bad habits gets across with humor that kids love. Since the first time my children read this they have been compulsive about washing their hands after using the bathroom. It's amazing but Dr. Dog's wisdom got through to them! By far Ms. Cole's best book...

5.0 out of 5 stars dr.dog rocks!!, July 11, 2001
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Dr. Dog (Paperback)
dr.dog is a very good book and who ever likes a funny book once in a while you should read or even buy the book. If you buy this book you'll never stop laughing at the funny things that happen to the Gumboyles. It's all up to dr.dog to save his family. I myself enjoy reading this book again and again. I hope you enjoy reading dr.dog and learn a lesson about the germs and how they affect our body. Enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars I have Dr. Dog parties occasionally!, September 12, 1997
By A Customer
This review is from: Dr. Dog (Hardcover)
I discovered this book in Edinburgh Scotland in 1996. I immeadiately bought it. I have had it in my room for a year now occasionally showing it to people when they come over. Everyone I've ever shown this book to has laughed.

I recently started college at Bethel College in St. Paul Minnesota. Going into a new school, I didn't know how long it would take to meet new friends or if I'd make that many. I made a few friends early and one evening I pulled out Dr. Dog. Those few who read it couldn't stop laughing and proceeded to tell everyone they knew about this book. Before I knew it, people all over would crowd around me for a reading of Dr. Dog. One night I even held a Dr. Dog party in my dorm room. It was a big success and to this day Dr. Dog is the best book I've ever read. I have it memorized cause I've probably read it 100 or so times (at least).

Is there a sequel anywhere in the near future? I'd appreaciate a responce. I've also read a few other books by Babette Cole. She's got to be the funniest person I've ever heard of.

I recommend this book for anyone, any age, any humor type, you'll love it- guaranteed!!!

-Thanks Andy Hanson

5.0 out of 5 stars I'd give this book 10 stars, March 8, 2007
This review is from: Dr. Dog (Paperback)
Hands down, this is my son's favorite book. It's humor is raucous and you'll laugh at every page.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gonzo hygiene, March 29, 1999
This review is from: Dr. Dog (Paperback)
"Never scratch your bum and suck your thumb" has become a mantra around my house. This is a very funny introduction to the basics of personal hygiene. The details are a bit gross for grown-ups, but kids love it. My six-year-old now wants more details than offered up in this book, but that fact serves to segue our conversations onto a slightly more serious plane. However, when Grandpa goes flying through the roof riding the commode, the snorts and giggles start all over again. A treasure!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Dr. Dog
Dr. Dog by Babette Cole (Paperback - March 11, 1997)
$6.99