Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Dr. Earth Compost Starter, Boxed
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Thank you Scientist Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 4, 2010
The compost starter seems to really work. This is my first attempt at composting and within weeks the compost started to turn a beautiful black and it is really warm. Considering I don't really know what I'm doing and I'm not making sure I put the same amount of brown and green materials into the composter, I have to attribute some of the success to the compost starter. I sprinkle some on top of every green layer and then let it sit for a day or two before spinning the composter. It's working great!
on June 13, 2013
This was the first time I have used a compost starter and I noticed a significant difference on how fast the pile started to turn into compost. I like the idea of adding the living beneficial bacteria into my compost and that it is an organic product. I would buy this again
on November 17, 2012
This product is great. It seems like it is directed towards use in compost heaps rather than the compost tumblers. Even so, it worked great in my tumbler. Within days, my compost was steaming! I'd definitely buy again.
on May 30, 2013
We just bought a composter and needed a little help getting the mixture to "cook." Dr. Earth Compost Starter was exactly what we needed. Every time we add stuff to the bin, we sprinkle a little bit of this starter into the mix, spin it around and let it "cook." The results have been phenomenal! I'll be buying more of this in the future for sure.
on February 2, 2015
Great stuff, a little goes a long way.. I rarely use more than 1/4 c per layer( about 2 ft mixed brown & green).using the starter has significantly cut down the time it takes for the pile to turn into the rich humus I add to my raised garden beds ever season.
on November 10, 2012
I try to buy as much organic as possible and this worked great. I used it in my compost for my vegetable garden and it did a great job. I have bought it twice.
on November 21, 2013
Works well so far with my new composter... I like the fact it is totally organic and they provide ALL the ingredients
on August 3, 2015
Product arrived on time and well packaged. It has worked well for us thus far. My wife tends to add things into the composter that may not belong there and this goes a long way in helping to process those items and keep the entire thing working...
on June 17, 2016
I won't claim to be an expert when it comes to compost, but after sitting with a bin full of material for almost six months, I purchased this and added a bit of it to the mix. About six weeks later I checked the bin and it has changed into a nice black, soil like mixture. It seems to have worked just fine to help kickstart the process, so I'm happy with it.
on April 17, 2016
Well I have found it takes me 6-8 weeks to get compost following all of the rules and using a composter/tumbler. I think maybe those people getting compost in 2 weeks are putting compost IN! As far as this product goes, as far as I could tell, it made no difference. I gave it two stars in case I'm doing something wrong- you know, compost being so mysterious and all...