Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 12, 2013
comfortable inside.. this particular patent boot doesn't need as much wear time as the other types of leather upper you have with DM boots..
sizing says it's a 6 I'd say it's a 6.5.
These are gorgeous and fun to wear. Love DM.
beautifully made, sturdy and comfy.
I would suggest wearing around the house before taking them out on an all day walk about as boots can cause hot spots etc.. but with the patent leather.. I've not found this, still you should double check. Got hubby a pair of DM's .. he's looking stylish now too!
on December 17, 2015
These boots are awesome! They fit great. I'm a female size 12 and its hard to find shoes and boots my size. I was concerned how they would fit being that they're unisex, but they fit perfect. The soles feel great. I think my only complaint is that they're are kind of thin compared to boots I've had in the past which is with I gave them 4 stars. I also wish the laces were a bit longer and I wish there were lace clips at the top versus holes.
on June 28, 2016
These are my first Dr. Martens. There seems to be a sort of cult fandom associated with this brand, not unlike Chuck Taylors which are also not very comfortable. My first impression of the boot was that it seemed very floppy. There is almost no ankle support despite being a fairly tall boot. The reason is that there is almost no structure, meaning that putting them on is like struggling into a pair of shapeless galoshes. Despite that, the pair I ordered seem to fit fine other than being a little too wide, which is probably unavoidable given that there are no half-sizes. The soles are very rigid which I expected and will adjust this review after more breaking-in. Otherwise, the boots seem well assembled and stitched, and the soles look like should last a long time.

TL;DR Rated "Okay" because they are floppy, offer no ankle support, and are wider than expected. Will revisit this review in a month or so.
on October 5, 2015
There is no mystery here as these are Docs. The shoes look good and hold up well but are brutal on the feet. I usually walk 4-6 miles a day and am generally happy when these come off. If they didn't look great I wouldn't wear them. I have some old Docs that are very comfortable (different model) so the company knows how to make comfortable shoes. All I can suggest is that in the beginning you were very thick socks. Fold the top of your sock down so it is double where the top of the shoe contacts your ankle. Or let the abrasive stitching grind through your skin. Whatever makes you happy.
on November 18, 2014
Just got these Docs in grey patent leather and am regretting everything about them but the price. I can't blame anyone but myself but the manufacturers have to own up to patent docs are a bad idea. First of all the leather is so hard that they immediately dig into your feet without even being tied. My wife swore her original baby blue docs were the most comfy boots she ever had..but they were the english built ones in soft baseball mit like flexible leather...they are 10 feet from me as we speak old and dog eared but I digress. The tongue will resist marrying your foot and all the while dig into the top of your foot and bruise it painfully even with the thickest fluffiest sock. I usually waer an 11 with some loose but these are super tight...even with a thin sock. But they have that new car look and being an automotive guy I once again crossed 2 things that should not be. I now remember why I have 2 pairs of super ugly Clark's muckers..they were immediately broken in when I bought em. Anyway docs may be cool but not comfy...buyer beware. I just dread that I have the affleck boot and brogue wingtip on the way too....OUCH!!
on January 18, 2015
I absolutely love these boots. I wear them all the time. As per usual with all Docs it does take some time to break them in but after the initial break-in period they're very comfortable. I don't take the best care of my shoes but that's my fault, but they do scuff and crease easily. I'm sure if you take good care of them that shouldn't be a problem. Because of the smooth leather the material is thin, but I think that makes it more comfortable, so that wasn't an issue for me. I highly recommend these boots. If they ever do feel uncomfortable it's usually because I'm wearing thin socks or something, so I couldn't really find any significant cons. I've been wearing these boots for over a year and they have yet to fail me.
on June 22, 2016
These are great shoes. Now granted, it's like you're wearing torture devices for a few days, but after they break in they are amazing. I've worn them for months now with no issues. Great support, and the soles hold up really well for a heavy wearer. Will eventually buy again whenever these wear out!
on May 15, 2015
I have docs for 25 years as my only casual shoe after work and on weekends. This is the best model yet as it has black soles instead of the amber rubber look. If I polish them I can wear them to work as I am today since it is Friday. Very comfortable and I love docs. This is the best pair yet.
on November 20, 2014
My teenage daughter wanted these. She loves them. They are really really cute! The quality is great. Don't do what I did which is to not read the sizing. I thought I was buying size 7 but didn't pay attention to the fact these were UK size 7. Amazon was great and took them back. We ordered a size 5UK which is equivalent to 7US. My daughter has worn them every day since they arrived.
on May 28, 2016
They have a minor defect in stitching otherwise I would've given them 5 stars. I feel like i already broke them in and surprisingly they ended up a little loose. It gets uncomfortable after a few hours. I have original England made Docs and I'm still hoping that with more use they'll mold to my feet the way those have. Still too stiff buy they are getting more flexible. As for the look, they are perfect. I use them with EVERYTHING.