5.0 out of 5 stars always loyal to Docs
I purchased my first pair of Doc Martins back in 1997 and I am just now needing to replace them. Docs are the best investment in shoes because they truly last. These particular boots are great for anyone who wants a pair of boots they can wear in warmer weather because they are not very thick or padded with cloth like a lot of winter boots have.

They do take...
Published on April 1, 2007 by E. Callahan

1.0 out of 5 stars Not The Docs of Old. Do not Buy.
Shoes are made in China or Vietnam. Not british anymore. They fall apart and leak in less then 3 months. Quality is really poor. I know they have become trendy again but thats all they are. Not functional at all, unless you plan to avoid wearing them for a full day and only when its sunny. I Use to be a loyal Docs fan but sad to say I am no more.
Published 10 months ago by A Reliable Resource

5.0 out of 5 stars always loyal to Docs, April 1, 2007

They do take about a day or two to break them in, but once you do it is so worth it. Docs are the best shoes for people who suffer from foot problems, like myself. They are wide enough to fit comfortably, and the soles give support your arches need for a day on your feet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dr. Martens 1460 Originals 8 Eye Lace Up Boot,Black Smooth Leather,10 UK..., May 31, 2013
After reading reveiws stating that these ran big I ordered down a size and ended up sending them back......I should have ordered my true size...., they were too tight!

Don't listen to the reveiws that say these run big....."They run true to size"!!!

The seller was awesome to work with and I reordered these in my regular size and I'm glad I did.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not The Docs of Old. Do not Buy., October 17, 2013
This review is from: Dr. Martens 1460 Originals 8 Eye Lace Up Boot (Apparel)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great boots but (at least mine) with a glitch, November 25, 2013
First off, I'd like to say that these are great shoes, they look great and the quality is definitely up there. However my biggest issue with these boots is that when you walk, the top of the boots dig into the joint where your big toe connects to the body of the foot. At first I thought this was just me breaking into it as with any other boot. However, the problem persisted after almost two months of wearing and I can't stand it anymore. What makes it worse is that this problem only exists on the right foot and not the left. Because I have two other pairs of boots, I just wear this one loosely so that when I walk my foot shifts back so that the top doesn't dig into it. I have heard many others saying that they have discomfort with these boots. So my conclusion to you- Is the pain within worth the look on the outside?

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, December 15, 2012
I absolutely love these boots. They have been so comfortable from day 1 and I get comments every time I wear them on what cool boots they are :)
Would recommend them to everyone - I have three adult children so am not a teenager!!
I am very pleased with this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like a Champ!, November 12, 2013
Monster Man (San Diego, California United States) - See all my reviews
I've wanted these boots forever, just didn't know which color (black, cherry, navy) to choose from. I'm a 10.5 US in sneakers, so I ordered the 10UK in navy blue which translates to 11 US, and they couldn't be more comfortable. I actually want them to look "beat up" and don't mind the creases, so at home I would bend/twist them to left/right/any direction with my hands for 30 mins every day for 2 weeks to get them as comfortable as possible. I wore thermal socks for the first 2 weeks & never got a blister. I did feel some tightness in my toes after my first 6 hour day in them, but they're good now. I don't have space in my freezer do to the water-in-a-bag expanding trick to break the Docs in, but I would of tried that had I the available space.

I know everyone complains about the whole "Made in China" thing, but if you never had these before, you honestly wouldn't know the difference, and also they're still leaps and bounds ahead than any Sketcher, Steve Madden, typical boot from the mall. I roughed these up pretty good to break in & I don't see any seams or panels coming un-done now or in the foreseeable future.

3.0 out of 5 stars Dr martens, October 6, 2012
I am a bit disappointed with these boots. They have been stitched too small at the bridge at the top of the shoe making them almost impossible to wear , they are extreamly tight. I bought shoe stretchers to stretch them with little success. They are a great looking boot and very shiney

5.0 out of 5 stars Love My Docs, April 4, 2014
This review is from: Dr. Martens 1460 Originals 8 Eye Lace Up Boot (Apparel)
I am relatively new to wearing Docs but man.......I love them so. I have two pairs of 1460's: the Greasy Black Lamper ones (FAR, FAR better than the original black ones-those have too much shine, even in the 'matte' black) and the Pewter Koram Flash ones. So far my favorites are by far and away the Pewter Koram Flash.

Usually I'm really understated and wear all black with the occasional splash of blood red, forest green or heather grey (hence the greasy black 1460's) but I wanted something kind of off the wall and unique, and a shoe that not everyone has. I had seen a few girls wearing the Pewter color in lookbooks online, but not too many and NEVER on the streets.

I love my Pewter Koram Flash 1460's. They stand out, and no one else has them in this color. They are shiny and flashy, yes, but I can't explain it-they are shiny in a very understated way. Mine have almost this rose tinted-silver cast to them. I love, Love, LOVE them and I feel that as they age and start to wear and look distressed and worn that I'll love them even more.

The fit: I feel like I can speak to the fit fairly well because I own two pairs of Docs in two different sizes. I own my black 1460's in a womens US 6 and my Pewter Docs in a womens US 5. I honestly prefer the fit of my size 5 Doc Martens. I am a size 5-5 1/2 in regular sizes, but most stores in the US do not stock Doc Martens in anything smaller than a size 6. The sixes are extremely comfortable, but I have to wear insoles and two pairs of socks in with them to make them not flop around on my feet. My fives are also very comfy but there is no movement and I have about a 1/2 inch at the toe two wiggle my toes around. I only need one pair of thick socks with them. They feel great.

All in all, I love my boots. They are comfortable, grungy, classic and hold up very well if you do a lot of urban walking like I do. My feet never hurt after a day in my Docs.

I've also never had a problem with my black docs falling apart. I actually threw them down a ravine, threw rocks on top of them and drove over them in my car to give them the distressed and old look and now they look great and are still holding up well.

5.0 out of 5 stars This product was for my husband, January 20, 2014
He says these are the best boots he has ever owned and he goes through shoes like crazy. He said he's owned 2 other pairs of these in his life - 1 go stolen and 1 he grew out of. Neither fell apart. These are heavy duty and he loves him. One downfall is he said they don't have the same bottom footprint as they used to. He said that was a trademark, but for some reason they changed it and he thought that was a bummer.

2.0 out of 5 stars Worst quality, May 2, 2013
This review is from: Dr. Martens 1460 Originals 8 Eye Lace Up Boot (Apparel)
I have more than 10 pairs of Docs and this one(Pewter)are my favs... but the color is fading to black very fast... =( this is terrible... and I'm so sad... think about before you buy it!

Dr. Martens 1460 Originals 8 Eye Lace Up Boot