5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful pair of shoes!
This is my first pair of Dr. Martens, and I absolutely love them. People compliment on it whenever I wear them with black outfit, in order to let this pair of awesome shoes stand out (and they do!)

Published 17 months ago by Cilfur

2.0 out of 5 stars Synthetic material
The foot of these union-jack boots is leather, but the upper is made of some smooth plastic-looking material bonded to a leather interior. They bulged out between the stitches and the laces, and I think that rather than "breaking in" they would split at the stitching. So, they're going back, sadly.
Published 14 days ago by Texas Limey

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful pair of shoes!, February 8, 2013
This review is from: Dr. Martens 1460 Originals Union Jack 8 Eye Lace Up Boot (Apparel)

The only problem I have with Doc Martens is their sizing. I wear a 5.5 in UK sizing, and I had to choose a 6 (which is HUGE; I could fit my thumb or more in the gap) or a 5 which would squish my toes. Eventually, I went for a size 6, and bought the comfort insole wearing either thick socks or two layers of cotton. It helped a lot and now the size 6 fits.

When you wear the boots, you'd at least need to wear thick hiking socks to break into them, else face the consequences of multiple blisters (wearing regular socks, I had a huge blister on my right heel which popped, and I couldn't wear anything but flip-flops for a week.)

In doubt with .5's , go up a size. Although (yes, they're leather) they'll loosen up someday, you won't be able to wear them for good periods of time. Boots are supposed to be "larger", anyway. Make sure they fit after getting the insoles and socks though; if they still don't work, that means the boots are too big for you and that you should go down a size.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm in love, August 21, 2013
Absolutely LOVE my new boots! They fit beautifully and look incredibly cool. I've always loved DMs quality and these look like another great pair of boots which will last me for years. This style (union jack) seems to have a little more room in the instep, which is great if you have a high arch (like I do). Brilliant!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks fantastic, January 5, 2013
R. Goldman (Dallas, TX USA) - See all my reviews
I purchased these boots for my boyfriend for Christmas and he loves them! They look great on him and he says he will never need another pair of docs again.

5.0 out of 5 stars union jack, February 5, 2013
I am a huge fan of Dr. Martens. By far the union Jack is my favorite pair. Being that I wear a 13 I thought they would look huge but actually they make my feet look smaller. Can't wait to rock them.

4.0 out of 5 stars I love my boots., August 9, 2013
These boots are amazing to look at. Every time I wear them I receive a ton of compliments! And yes, they are comfortable as well! As for the sizing, I would order 1-2 sizes smaller. I usually wear size 8, but after reading some reviews I did order a size down to a 7, but feel that a 6 would have worked as well!

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't contain myself, June 26, 2013
Highly recommended! I've watched these boots for about a year now and I finally decided to treat myself. I've never had a pair of Doc Martens, and I love these boots! They start out very VERY stiff and require thick socks to break them in. I also have large calves but skinny ankles, these boots hug every curve of my weirdly shaped feet.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars!, December 3, 2013
Love it!
Although 1460 is unisex, but in my opinion, 1460 is for men, 1460 w is for women. Because 1460 is kind wide for women.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Boot! (Union Jack), September 12, 2013
-Style: A+
The "Union Jack" boot looks fantastic. I wear them with jeans and they really pop.

Break in Period: A
I had no pain with these boots. I was most likely due to the size I got (US Men's 11)

-Sizing: B
The sizing is a bit off. The newer Dr. Martens tend to run smaller than I remember. I recently bought a size 10 in a 1460 boot Dr. Martens and they were killer on my feet! They were too short on the toes! My toes reached the end! So when I picked up the Union Jacks I decided to get a size 11 as there is no half sizes, but now they are too roomy, so an extra pair of socks helped.

Also I have a pair of 20 year old Electric Blue UK Na-Na Dr. Martens in size 10 that fit perfect. So I'm not sure if it's the recent outsourcing that made the size discrepancies.

On a foot scale I size at 9.5 on a men's sizing chart. Below are some other shoes that I wear to help you get an idea how they will fit.

For PF Flyers, I fit perfect in a size US Men's 10
For All-Stars, I fit perfect in US Men's 9
For DCs, I fit perfect in a size US Men's 10
For the newer Dr. Martens, size US Men's 10 the length is too short and a size US Men's 11 is just a tab on the loose size.

-Final: A
Overall, the Union Jacks are awesome. I'm just nick-picking on the size, but you should try on a pair in store before buying online to avoid having to return them. Also, you might need to add some silicone oil to the seam of the boot that meets the Goodyear-welted with the yellow stitching as they tend to squeak when you walk.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible price!, July 10, 2014
I've had these Docs since my husband purchased them for my birthday in 2000. We were living in England at the time and I can assure you that Amazon has these boots at an unbelievably good price. The boots still look new and are almost indestructable. They've made it through many rainy days in England and winters of snow here in Chicago. Just take note that womens UK sizing runs two sizes smaller than US. So, if like me, you wear a womens size 10, order a UK size 8. You'll love these boots and will get noticed for all the right reasons.

2.0 out of 5 stars Synthetic material, July 8, 2014