5.0 out of 5 stars Love the shoes, always between sizes
Published 22 months ago by Simetra

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and unique
Published 24 months ago by Jessica Mery

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the shoes, always between sizes, March 21, 2013
I think on pretty much any Dr. Martens review, people will say they run large or small. I'm almost always a 8.5 women's shoe, and I wear a couple of pairs of 1460s in size 9, and just a little too big. I decided to try ordering an 8 on these. They felt really too small at first (actually, I think it is that they are a bit narrow for my wide feet) but I think they will soften up and be quite comfortable. So there you have it. I suspect that if you usually wear a half-size, you're going to have to compromise with DMs one way or another. Most people I've heard say to order a little smaller, because they do stretch a bit, but if you have wider feet, you may want to go larger instead.

The rose canvas print is beautiful. These shoes are also much lighter than 1460s, and way less clunky looking, which can be good or bad depending on your style. The cloth lining inside these is nice and soft in comparison to the leather boots.

Edit: Psh, I take back what I said about the sizes. Maybe I'll try on a smaller size in a different style, but these canvas shoes do not seem to stretch or loosen at all, and at least for me, the size down from my regular half-size is both too narrow and a little too small.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful shoes, December 17, 2012
I love these shoes! The velvet is unbelievably soft... so I would advice never wear them in the rain or wintery conditions. The flower pattern is not like cut out it is just dyed that color. I am a size 8 and bought a size 8. They fit well, I feel that I could wear big socks with them though. They are just sooo CUTE.

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and unique, January 27, 2013
I love love love these shoes, however I wear a size 8.5 but becasue there aren't half sizes available I went with a size 9. I was enamored with them the moment I took them out of the box. Unfortunately when I tried them on I found that they were way way too big for my feet. I tried to wear them with thick socks and inserts but there was still a good inch at the toe. I am so disappointed that I have to return them, and that I wont be able to do an outright exchange. I've already ordered another pair in a size 8 but in black velvet because my size wasn't available in the red velvet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable!, January 11, 2013
Love the way Dr. Martens look, but I usually find them stiff and hard, hard, hard to break in. These are soft and comfortable out of the box.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, May 11, 2014
This boots are very light, The design is very pretty. They run a tad big, but I am sure if you get a size down they are going to be tight. Great price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Shoes!, April 18, 2014
These shoes are fabulous and I love them. They are cute and very very comfortable. Unfortunatly, the sizing is a little awkward. I ordered the correct size for my foot and the shoe fits but it feels like its a smidge too long... with that said I am confident going one size smaller would be TOO small, so I kept them. I stopped noticing after the first time I wore them and I love them just the same.

5.0 out of 5 stars Friggin' Awesome Pair of Boots, September 5, 2014
judesneeds (Southern California) - See all my reviews
On sizing:
I'm usually a US Women's 7.5, sometimes an 8. I went on the official Doc Marten's website, and its size guide told me I'm a UK Women's 5. I took a leap of faith and got the 5 on Amazon, and it fits perfectly!

I really love these boots. I got the Green/Black Hackney, and I am so excited to see that it matches my style. These may be too masculine for some chicks, but I was never the girly type anyway. I'm pretty low-key, so I was immediately drawn in by the lack of Doc Marten's signature yellow stitching. It is just replaced by a matching green stitch. I'm also really digging the Nylon weave material. It gives the Hackney a shiny military aviator look, and keeps it very low-maintenance. The shoelaces are even waxed to give them some shine, as well. The shoelaces' shine will eventually be worn away, but a quick rub from a wax stick should bring it back. The one thing I'm bummed out about is that these boots are NOT water-resistant. I did a small water droplet test, and the droplet did not bead off. It just kind of pooled there. It's not that big of a deal, since I can just spray it with some Nikwax. The boots are also a little stiff but breaking them in should be no problem. Overall, I'm glad I nabbed them when I finally had the chance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Holds up like classic Docs!, December 14, 2013
I've been wearing this boots 4-5 days a week for almost a year now. I have a job where I'm on my feet 7 hours a day, and needed shoes comfortable enough to keep me from getting achey. I get compliments on them because they are fun, and the flowers are still pretty bright after all of this time. I didn't expect them to last an entire year. In my 16 years of doing this job, no shoe ever has. I will probably buy these again, but maybe I will give a different pattern a try! I also love that they are canvas, but easily as durable as leather. As a vegetarian, I try to opt for canvas when I can, although they rarely hold up more than a couple of months. These Docs proved that it can be done!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty and amazing Fit, August 6, 2014
I love my Docs! I was told earlier this year that I needed ankle support. Ankle support doesn't mean granny boots. It means Docs. Fashionable, supportive and there are colors and patterns for every day of the month and then some. I've slowly started collecting more and more pair and I suspect these will last me a good long time. They are well made, the pattern is pretty, the inside is comfortable. There's no breaking in period on the Hackney like there is on the leather ones. Wear them straight out of the box.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very fashionable, October 5, 2014
These are a nice pair of shoes, but they do take some breaking in. When they came in the mail, they were pretty stiff, and since I've only worn them a few times they are still hard, but I'm expecting them to loosen up soon. I love the design, and the sole seems like it should last a long while. They take a while to lace up, since they are high tops, but I've received many compliments on them. I recommend them.