Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on April 3, 2015
these boots were delivered to me March 16 2015. It is now may 3 2015 and the sole on the left boot has come unglued and has nearly come off all the way. 48 day boots for $100. No thanks. Wish I could return these pieces of s***. I'm a security guard so it's not like I'm working them hard, all I do is walk and not even that much!
review image
33 comments| 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 14, 2013
I was skeptical about these boots based on the negative reviews I read here. But I have worn them nearly every day for the 4 months I've had them and have been pleased.

First of all, yes, these boots are now made in China. I had an original, made in England, pair of these and they lasted me over 15 years! Can't say for sure how long the new ones will last, but so far so good. I am pretty tough on my boots. They've seen rocky terrain, saltwater, construction sites and many other harsh environments and are holding strong.
on December 13, 2013
This is my third pair of 8267s. On two occasions I paid way more then what they are listed for now, and I still have no regrets about buying. First, I will not say these are the most comfortable boots ever, because they definitely are not. I have very tender feet and if I tried working a full day in these boots right out of the box, my feet would never forgive me. You must must MUST get some gel insoles to go in these boots. I use the Dr. Scholl's gel work boot insoles. I rip out the insole that comes in the boot and use it to trim-to-size the new insole. After this these boots feel great. They are still heavy, but anyone that wears boots day in and day out will be use to the weight of a thick soled leather boot and won't notice the difference between this and any comparable boot.

But why would I buy a boot that I have to modify the first day? Because style. The Ray-Ban Aviator is a very iconic pair of sunglasses. Are they the most comfortable? No. But what they lack in comfort they make up for in style. These are the boot version of the Aviator. This is THE Doc Marten. All black ten hole lace up with a capped toe. These boots are totally in their element in a hot rod shop, a machine shop, or a rock concert.

As far as durability, I wear mine daily and I'm on my feet a lot on concrete floors and I get about two years out of a pair. The leather is nice and supple but holds up well and resists abrasions really well, especially compared to other boots with the suede look to them. The toe cap can take some heavy abuse.

One last thing:be aware these are not steel toed. If you require a steel toe look elsewhere. They look like they are and you could get away with faking that they are, but do so at your own risk.
on March 10, 2011
Been wearing these boots for one week--usually 14+ hours a shot--and have been pleased with the comfort of the sole and softness of the leather. First two days were full of of squeaks as the leather got broken in and the sheen wore a bit. As with all of my previous Docs, they need and arch support supplement (I have very high arches) to be perfect.

My ankles have been saved twice by these boots. The grip of the soles on the floor in our kitchen at the restaurant is superior--stained concrete and plenty of slippery spots in front of the smoker.

Many compliments by fellow train passengers on these boots.

Updated: Soles have cracked and are basically worn out. Super bummed by the quality of the soles.
on December 31, 2010
I purchased a black pair and they are incredibly comfortable and the perfect style I was searching for. I was apprehensive of the new soles that are found on these boots as I've been wearing Docs for 20 years now and have become accustomed to their distinctive feel and was hesitant to wear anything new or different. I tried the second gen sole in the 90s and despised them. I was happy to see Doc continue to make the original sole. In the end I tried them and am glad I did!

They feel instantly broke in. The side walls of the leather uppers are soft and supple which took my original pair of docs over three or four years to achieve this level of comfort. When laced all the way up they for fit your lower calf much like a moccasin style apache boot or really worn combat boot would.

I am very impressed with the updated sole design. It feels more "grippy" than the older sole design. I live in a humid climate where concrete floors "sweat" moisture making it very slippery and I would slide very often with my old docs but these have done great so far. Even with the changes you can still feel the trademark "bouncing soles" of this boots predecessors, perhaps even more than the original soles. If you have very high arches you will need an insert. I have high arches and found them to be only adequate in this area but no more than that.

Bottom line, very stylish and comfortable. Another win for Dr. Marten.
on January 25, 2016
Nice, rugged look with the toe cap and a little bit of shine to them.

Not the most form-fitting boot through the foot and ankle, but I really like them - especially for the price.

Crossing my fingers that I don't have problems with the sole cracking like I've had in my other "Docs"...the "PVC outsole" and its rugged thickness give me hope that that won't be an issue.

For serious police/security/military/industrial work, I'd have wanted something higher quality and better fitting. For a nice, casual boot that didn't break the bank, these were a great choice.
on September 17, 2014
Comfortable, affordable, totally would buy another pair of Dr. Martens. (this is my first pair)
The quality appears to be really good (only worn twice)
They feel a little bigger than a size 11, but I wonder if a 10 1/2 would be too small. I think a thick pair of socks (winter) would make them feel as though they fit properly.
on January 21, 2011
First let me go over the good about the boot; I found these boots to be fairly comfortable ( I added some gel insoles and that made them even more comfortable)The leather is fairly soft so they do not take long to break in and I loved how they looked.
Now the bad; I had these boots for about 3 months and the right boot split on the rubber sole in the middle of the boot on a horizontal line about 1 inch on one side and 2 inches on the other. I could see through both sides as well as inside the boot. Needless to say I was very disappointed. I tried some shoe glue to see if that would close the crack but that proved to be fruitless. I was able to glue it shut with Devcon Weldit all purpose adhesive which did the trick but I am not sure how long this will hold.
For what the price is for this cheep China made boot I think they need to lower the cost. The only way to full fix the boot is to have it resoled in which they have to resole both boots which will cost $60 to $70 dollars which for that price you can buy another boot.
If you buy these beware of this issue. I called the company to see if I can have them exchanged... that unfortunately can not be possible. They really have no real warranty. If you are looking for a boot of this style but want QUALITY I highly recommend going the extra mile with your buck and buying the Corcoran Jump boots that are made in America for our US troops. They are built very very tough and will last you a very long time.
on February 13, 2015
I Ordered a black pair of these directly from Dr. Marten's website and they look even nicer in person. Stylish & combat style. Mine actually say made in Vietnam on them as I see others say theirs are made in China, but they are still comfortable and great looking boots nevertheless. I usually wear a 10.5 regular shoe, and I bought these in a 9UK/10US so I was a little nervous, but they fit perfectly.
on July 19, 2014
This is a handsome boot. I like to wear a boot for ankle support everyday and this goes with dress slacks or casual. The cap toe makes it look like a dress shoe. I was worried it wouldn't be wide enough for me when I got it out of the box. But it's look is deceptively streamlined, it was plenty wide enough even though I usually order a wide width. DM's with the "bouncing sole" are the most stable, comfortable walking shoe I've ever worn. The regular laces all the way up are a bother but that's the retro style of it.