5.0 out of 5 stars Great Dressware
Totally impressed with the quality and materials of this boot. It shouldn't take long to break them in propperly, but then I'll be wearing them day in, day out. Yeah they're made in China, but this is still a solid mudhole stomper.

Accept no substitute. Docs are it!!!
Published on April 9, 2009 by G. R. Gaines

1.0 out of 5 stars New Docs made in China don't hold up
Hello all, I been wearing Docs for over 20 years now, they are the only boots I buy. I purchased these without knowing they were no longer made in England and use different materials.
Published on March 14, 2010 by Frankie

1.0 out of 5 stars New Docs made in China don't hold up, March 14, 2010
This review is from: Dr. Martens Men's 8761 Boot (Apparel)
They run large, the size is off although they are the same I have always purchased. The leather is thinner then the originals and worst of all, my entire sole split open after the first year. As I still wear pairs from 21 years ago this is awful. Sadly the quality is gone, please save yourself a bad experience and pass on these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Dressware, April 9, 2009

Accept no substitute. Docs are it!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy!, June 1, 2008
Ryan Burt (Cleveland, OH) - See all my reviews
I live in boots.. work boots, combat boots, you name it, a pair never leaves my feet. I dont even think i own a pair of tennis shoes. Very well made and comfortable! A great buy all around, I couldn't have asked for anything more!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great boots., February 24, 2011
These boots are made in China, the ones made in UK typically run about $60 more. The two I know off the top of my head are 1460's and 1914's.

Aside from that, this is what you can expect from your typical mid-calve combat boot. They are all leather, steel toed, and durable. The difference between this and the UK product is craftsmanship and materials. These boots do not have a lining and they don't have the same sole.

These boots are pretty great, though. Durable and strong, a perfect match if you work on cars, as they're the only boots on the market (I know of) that can resist battery acid. From experience, it takes two years of being on your feet in them for 40+ hours a week to wear out the tread.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get the boots from England!, June 8, 2010
This review is from: Dr. Martens Men's 8761 Boot (Apparel)
My docs are from England; same exact model, and they are sturdy and beautiful. I have 2 pair in black, one pair too small so I must sell them :(

I have always worn docs and these are no exception in terms of quality, price, and style.

5.0 out of 5 stars BOOM! Head shot! *grin* Seriously...love these boots!, June 6, 2012
Buttery soft leather, love how the sole matches the boot color. Yes they are made in China but honestly, I own UK and China Docs and the quality isn't that much different...the leather is a little less stiff and there's no lining. No break-in time needed, I'm already living in them :D I wear a women's size 8, so I ordered the UK6/M7=W8 :) Enjoy!

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute garbage, March 6, 2014
Crystal (OSSEO, MN, US) - See all my reviews
I purchased these boots for my boyfriend and with in 2 months of having them they started to fall apart. The last pair of Doc Martens he bought was over 12 years ago. He still has them but the newer ones are in worse condition than the ones he bought 12 years ago. I'm sorry to say this but I will not be buying another pair of Doc Martens unless they can improve their quality. I don't expect them to last for 12 years, but for $125.00 they should last more than 6 months.

1.0 out of 5 stars with bouncing exploding soles, January 10, 2014
I had bought my second pair about 3-4 months ago. Total garbage and a waste! the first pair the sole split about an inch and was easily fixed with super glue and lasted 3 years before they fell apart (everyday use) had to fix them about 4-5 times. The second pair the whole sole fell off as soon as they were broken in! The area where the foxing was bonded separated and the sole ripped from the heal to the toe. These are nothing but a high heal with a steel toe not good at all for every day wear. Stay away from the Chinese made ones I don't know about the U.K. made ones but that left a bad enough taste in my mouth to invest in a pair of gripfast!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hub's favorite boot for 15 years, December 30, 2013
We buy a new pair every other year, and he wears them 90% of the time and is very hard on them.w

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmm... Dr. Martens made in China... I always wanted to wear a "paradox"., August 16, 2011
This review is from: Dr. Martens Men's 8761 Boot (Apparel)
I bought these about 7 or 8 years ago from the mall. They have lasted me-albeit more than I should have let them- until now. They are still wearable by all means, just worn soles, no tread, cuts in the leather and stained. I am about to purchase a new pair to replace the old, just wish they would give me the English boots for the same price. I bought 2 pair of 'em when they were still made in England for 40 dollars each when I was in Elementary/Middle School.

ARRAY(0xa9b4fa98)