Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on August 4, 2013
Ive had these for a little over a week and im very happy wiith them.

The break in time for these just took a few hours. Been wearing them every day since they arrived. Leather is stiff but formed to my feet well. I have wide feet and there is enough room in these without any constriciton. Great color in the leather, the leather distress in a really neat way. I applied BareBones work wear boot wax to protectect and water proof from the elements. I work in the Seirra Nevadas of California at a Ski Resort, I am awlays going between rock, dirt, water and gravel. These hold up well with the beating they get!

The only thing i would recommed is to replace the shoe laces. They are too short to lace up to the top and they are a little short to tie securely if you don't lace to the top. I replaced them with 72in laces and they lace all the way up with a fair amount to tie and/or wrap around.

Buy the boots. Dr. Martens are a solid choice all around.
on November 25, 2012
These are a well constructed and comfortable pair of boots for a reasonable price. The Greenland Brown lightens along the creases as you wear them for a custom worn look. They stretch out a little as well as you wear them so upon recommendations from people on other sites I bought a US 8 (UK 7), although I typically wear US 9 (*but note: I CAN fit an 8.5), and they fit perfectly. I also bought the Dr. Marten balsam to protect them from the snow here in Vermont. I'm hoping they last for a long time!
on October 18, 2013
I haven't gotten a pair of Doc Martens since I was in high school almost 20 years ago. After searching around for a pair of good, everyday boots that are stylish and comfortable I didn't think I'd be coming back to Docs. They yellow stich signature 1460 seemed a little juvenile at my age but these hit the mark. They are a bit narrower on the ankle so you could roll those tapered pants up, to showcase the boot. There is an earthtone type quality to the leather as it is "agriculturally" inspired. I just hope they last. People have been down on Docs quality since they're made in China now, but what garment or shoe isn't made in China, Thailand, Vietnam, Bangladesh, India, etc. these days? Get up off your pro UK high horse and be thankful they didn't go out of business. Just because things are made elsewhere doesn't mean that there is a sacrifice in quality. At least not in all cases. Oh year, and go a 1/2 size down (if you are a US 9.5 go with the UK 8/US 9). Trust...it will save you a lot of trouble in the end.
on December 27, 2012
I just got my boots in about a week ago. They are awesome boots. I did what the others were saying and ordered a half size down from my normal size of 9.5 and it fits perfectly. It's about the same fit you'd have with the Clark's desert boots. And for those of you who have a wide foot like mine there is no problems with a wider foot. The leather is still a bit stiff on the backside and they aren't the easiest boots to put on but everything else with them checks out. Also the laces are thin and are just long enough for me to double knot them.
on October 18, 2013
I really liked the quality and looks of this boot, but there were fit issues. I have wide feet and the boots were just a bit too narrow. I know that leather boots will loosen up over time, but if shoes don't feel right to me when I first try them on I don't buy them. If Doc Martens would offer half sizes or wide sizes I don't think this would have been an issue. So definitely give these boots a try, but if you have wider feet, don't be surprised if the fit is off.
on September 24, 2013
I mis-judged the size, as I thought they ran small. I normally wear 11.5 or 12. The 12 was way to big and I had to exchange for an 11...they don't come in half sizes. Anyway, I'm happy with my elevens and they seem very well made. I work in an office and don't wear them a lot, but the few times I have worn them, the elevens, they felt good. I have three other pairs of docs. Still wear my old boots from 17 years ago, but I bought these as a replacement. The low-top dress shoes are nice and comfortable. I can see these boots lasting a lifetime considering I only wear them on the weekends....
on December 23, 2013
I've ordered and returned lots of shoes because sizing is never right. The same size fits differently even between different shoes of the same brand, let alone different brands, as well as between shoes and boots; the fact that Doc Martens are made in even- numbered UK sizes further complicates matters.
I normally wear USA10 so I ordered these in UK9 and they were too big so they had to go back. By the time I tried to order them in UK8, they were nowhere to be found.
None of this detracts from quality fo the boots, which were fantastic.
on January 11, 2014
I was worried about the fit but it was just right for me. I wear a size 8.5 wide and it fits like a glove. I was very fortunate in that.

It looks just like the photo. The leather looks brown and distressed. This is the 4th pair of Docs I've owned and these ones also seem pretty sturdy. I know there is the debate over the British manufactured vs. the Chinese-manufactured ones. I can't chime in on that, but my latter 3 pairs were of the Chinese persuasion, two of which I have had for 5+ years and I still continue to wear them. I guess if you are the type who wears the same pair daily, this might be an issue. For me, I wear two pairs regularly for work or casual dress-up.

The laces are just a little too short if you want to lace it all the way to the top. Since I don't lace all the way up, it doesn't bother me. The laces also seem a little thin so no telling how long these may last. Just have to buy more when the time comes (no biggie.)

I love the way these look and for ankle-high boots, they are easy to put on and take off. Only took about 2-wearings for me to break them in but really, didn't even feel like I had to break them in like my previous Docs. These are comfortable from the start.
on November 3, 2013
I wear a US size 11, but some boots a 10.5 fits. I've had Docs in the past I knew there are no half sizes, that they tend to bigger. I tried the 9uk/10us and it was too tight for me. Exchanged for a 10uk/11us and its a good fit. I'll have to wait to write about durability down the road.
on October 26, 2012
Admittedly, I am a long time Dr. Marten fan dating back to the 1980's, but with the passing of time we all forget. After spending a considerable time searching for a brown leather boot that was both well made and looked good, I was happy to see Dr. Marten's name. These boots are exactly what I have been searching for. The Greenland leather treatment really looks cool, especially the more you wear it. The boots are as comfortable as I remember, however I might suggest an comfort sole insert as they are still a bit flat. All in all, a great boot that I highly recommend.