Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Voyage Holiday Music in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Deals on HTL

on February 25, 2014
I'm not sure what the deal is with the size issues that people seem to be having. I don't have any other pairs of Dr. Martens, so I was nervous that my regular size would be too small based on the reviews. I ordered an 11, while I normally wear a 10-11. The 11 was WAY too big. They were so big they wouldn't have adequately stayed on my foot. Thankfully these were for work and a coworker of mine was able to fit in them just fine. I ordered a 10 and the fit is much better. They are still a little hard to get on, but they are sturdy, well constructed slip ons. If they weren't difficult to get on then they would fall off too easily.

For the first two days the very back of the shoe was very irritating. It was kind of digging into the back of my heel and making the shoes quite uncomfortable. Then on the third day all of the irritation was completely gone, leaving awesomely comfortable shoes behind.

They are a bit clunky, but they are leather, with a thick sole and steel toes. If you are looking for light-weight running shoes then look elsewhere. If you are looking for work shoes that will hold up then you've found a solid pair. The insole is very comfortable and I haven't had my feet sweat in them yet, and that's usually a problem for me.

The lab I work in also is notorious for ESD problems, and they work great at dissipating the charge. No more random shocks when touching anything metal, and more importantly no more shocks when I'm working on sensitive equipment.

Finally, they look good too. These are the types of shoes I can wear year round, including when the big wigs stop by for a visit. I'm very happy with these and I'm looking forward to many years of use.
on September 7, 2012
I've only had these boots for a few weeks, but I know I am not going to regret my purchase. True to Dr. Marten style, these boots feel like you are walking on air. I'm on my feet for 12 hour shifts, and I feel as if I can do another 12 after each.

They look great and any scuff is easily finger buffed out. They aren't too difficult to get on. My only worry is that I am a feet dragger and because the soles aren't hardened, they are starting to show wear. My fault.

Love these boots.
on May 7, 2015
I bought these shoes because I wanted a slip on shoe with steel toe protection. I also looked at a shoe from timberland that fit my needs. I've had good experiences with both brands but chose the Doc Martens for the style and the lower price.
I was aware of the anti-static feature when I placed the order. I was unprepared however for the execution. Ordinarily I wear safety boots and shoes that are rated for electrical hazard rather static dissipation. The insoles provided with the shoe have a thread stitched into them. I assume it's conductive thread. I noticed it right away but only later realized the intent. After the first day of wearing the shoe I had no out of the ordinary issues. There were normal break in type things, but nothing exceptional. The second day of wearing the shoes I had to go out at lunch for a new set of insoles. The stitching on the insole was rubbing painfully against my foot.

The new insoles made an immediate and big difference. Though one thing of note is that there is an air hole in the sole over the location of the metal grid in the bottom of the shoe. I've been noticing some rubbing in that spot on my foot, and I now wonder if it isn't from the metal grid below. I'm going to try a different insole and see if that doesn't correct the problem.

So, long story short, if you don't need the static discharge feature of this shoe, you may want to pass on it. If you do need it, I have to wonder if the discomfort is something common to all anti static shoes. And if so, how much does that suck?
on December 12, 2011
I bought these for my husband a while back. He said they are kind of hard to get on, but they have held up very well, and he is VERY hard on shoes. Well worth the money.
on June 23, 2014
I was a little worried because after I ordered these I started finding reviews from quite a few people saying these fit tight. I even ran into someone at work who was wearing a pair and when I asked how he liked his, he said they are great but putting them on was a pain and that he had to use a shoe horn to get them on.

Well Ive had mine for about a week now and they fit perfectly. I dont need a shoe horn to put them on, and they fit just like my steel toe boots.

I suppose if I had a suggestion it would be. If you dont own a pair of "steel toe" Docs, you might want to find a pair and make sure they are the same size as your regular Docs before ordering.
Ive always owned steel toe Docs so maybe there is a slight difference in size. Im not really sure.

Anyway. If your thinking about getting these shoes. I would recommend them. They are a nice comfortable slip on. Just keep in mind they "might" be a little tight at first (most reviews that said the show was tight also said that after a break in period they fit great), or they may fit perfectly.
on February 8, 2015
My husband is picky about his shoes -- he wants them to look good and not hurt and, because he has trouble with his feet, finding shoes is not easy. And these would be work shoes with two additional requirements: steel toe and black leather that would hold a polish. Simply buying two pairs of the same brand does not work either because wearing the same style shoe several days in a row makes his feet hurt. So having found a pair of Skechers -- not an easy task -- I set out to find another pair.

The second pair of these Dr Martins worked just fine. It's a good thing I accidentally ordered two pair from different sources because the first pair was significantly smaller and the arch was lower.

He's happy with the second pair.

The first pair has turned out to be a pain but I'll save that for the other review.
on June 11, 2015
Too tight above the heel in the back at the very top of the shoe. Rubs skin to the point of almost bleeding.
on June 16, 2013
I already own DRs and love them. These were going to be for work, so I needed the steel toe. I ordered this pair in the same size as I the ones I already own. Not only could I not get these things on my feet, but I ripped them in the process. The steel toe pair are made in China and the pair I own are made in Viet Nam, evidently sizes change from one country to the next....anyway, I exchanged them. I accidentally ordered the new pair TWO sizes larger, rather than the one I intended. Even the too-big size barely fit. I had to use a shoe-horn to get my foot into them, and then I felt like I was wearing flippers all day. Returned those, too. I love DR's, but these miss the mark. I will try a different style and hope for the best.
on May 21, 2014
As others have said, the shoe is hard to get on...but not if you have a shoe horn...something like
That would be the only complaint, but it isn't one. These are safety shoes after all, not slip on penny loafers; they should be snug to get on so they stay on. These aren't lace up shoes. They are a little stiff at first but break in quickly and are comfortable. I would buy again. I think it would be good policy for Dr. Martens to include a shoe horn so that people understand and it would probably reduce returns and size confusion. I bought these in my normal Doc size.
on July 5, 2015
Love these, I bought them several years in a row. My wife yells at me because her Doc's last her 15 years+. I'm hard on my things and I wore each pair for a good year or so. With the first pair the seam at the back lip near the achilles ripped and they were real beat up, with the second pair I wore thru the leather to the steel toe on both shoes and I'd get my socks wet in the rain and snow. I still have my third pair but only wear them when I do fun and dangerous things. They are heavy, my calves ached for a bit after getting the first pair, but I loved the fact that I wasn't getting static shocks from the machinery I was working with and that I didn't slip on ice. I will get them again!