5.0 out of 5 stars One happy camper!
Published on May 20, 2012 by Zoe Marr

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a US size 13
I'm a true US size 13.

This boot is WAAAAAAY too big. In fact, I've had to use four insoles. So my advice would be to go down in size. At least a half-size.

And I'm disappointed in the workmanship: the eyelets on the strap have come away on the holes that I use. I'm paying to have a cobbler replace them.

So. Not a happy camper.
Published 8 months ago by Schmadrian

5.0 out of 5 stars One happy camper!, May 20, 2012
Zoe Marr (Florida, USA) - See all my reviews
These are great unisex boots. I am a female and am absolutely in love with them. I bought two different sizes because I wasn't sure what the fit would be, to help those people out in this dilemma - I am a women's US size 6.5. Dr. Martens don't come in half sizes. The shoes that were the correct size were a US women's size 5 (in other words, one and a half sizes smaller, which is a UK size 3) - I have narrow feet, so this worked out best for me and I still had room to be comfortable. If you have wide feet, you may want to move up to the next size. Dr. Martens doesn't make these in youth sizes, so if you go online and see "youth" sizes for these it's a mistake - and they don't have different versions of this shoe for men or women, they are the same for both - they start at UK size 3 and go up from there. (This took me forever to figure out so I thought I'd share the info). I purchased these in Harvest Black, which is actually a dark brown. (The other color they come in is light brown.) I am really pleased with these. I like that they offer flexibility - you can tie them up or fold them down, and they are really comfortable. Everyone talks about how you have to break in boots and Dr. Martens but I purchased insoles for my heels on these and never got a blister wearing them yet. I don't think they need much "breaking" in and feel great. They are built to last forever and very well made. They scuff easily, but the good news is that it just gives them even more of a "worn" look, and they end up looking even better! Overall, I have nothing bad to say about these - they are everything I hoped they would be and more. They may just be my favorite pair of shoes, I've always wanted cool boots and I'm glad I settled on these. They are pricey, but for the comfort, look, style, and durability, you can't beat it - some things are worth the investment. Bravo!

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, November 10, 2011
I have read mixed reviews regarding these boots, and finally decided to buy them. They fit true to size, and the buckle helps immensely with securing them to your feet. Rolling the tops down gives them a much less restrictive feel, which is nice. The construction is similar to any other pair of Doc's made in the past 10 years or so (this is my third pair). Overall, they are a nice twist on a classic and I would recommend them to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars You couldn't buy a better boot., January 19, 2012
Honestly I own so many shoes it may be a little absurd. But never before have I purchased a pair of boots so high in quality. Not only are they really comfortable, they're made incredibly and look awesome. I am super hard on shoes I beat them up super fast and super hard and have actually broken several pairs of chucks. But I have worn these all day, every day since I bought them and it doesn't even look like I have. And one of the neatest things about them is that the more scuffed and creased they get the sweeter they look.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a US size 13, April 23, 2014
I'm a true US size 13.

So. Not a happy camper.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Purchase In A While, March 20, 2014
They fit perfect and are incredibly comfortable. The construction is top notch. Arrived in two days. A trick I learned from one of the reviewers is to apply the Doc Martens balsam, then blow dry it so it gets into the leather.

5.0 out of 5 stars Australia is a suuny land, yet on rainy days this boot helps keep your foot dry, March 2, 2014
Waterproofed and polished, these boots will make you walk every distance. From here to Eternity or nearly...have a good journey.

5.0 out of 5 stars Greatest Boots Ever!, February 5, 2014
I love these boots! They fit great and I love the aggressive look. The inside is lined with Grey and black flannel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy them. They are awesome., January 8, 2014
Awesome boots. Soft. Comfy. Can walk all day with style. I bought both colors. Run true to size to just a tad larger.

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good UPDATE, January 11, 2013
Have had these for a few months now and they are what i wear on a day to day basis at work, while my work mostly consists of standing around and some walks to the back of the store or across the store they do feel a lot better on my back and feet than a pair of my vans or converse ever would at a day at work (trust me i tried). i do have back problems and these seem to really help on a day to day basis of not making issues worse than they could be. the more "brownish" color is beginning to really show on these boots once they have been broken in. i have never had any issues with the straps breaking or coming undone, to this day i have no found any loose strings or had anything go wrong with these boots other than some of the leather lifting up in the sole, but that's my own fault. i'm usually in such a rush at the end of the day to get my boots off and sit down i don't really take the boots off "properly". would definitely suggest these boots to someone who is on their feet all day.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes, but really poor sizing., July 30, 2014
I have been wearing size 41/ size 8.5 for a long long time in many pair of shoes from Converse to military surplus boots, these boots run exceptionally... large.

Buyers aware: If your feet are normal size or mid-size, down by 1 or 1.5 size with Dr. Martens boots. I have two pairs of them, this is my first, bought size 7UK/ 8US and my feet swim inside the boots, at least 1 cm of extra length that no way I can accommodate with any socks, the other pair I have size 6UK/ 7US and it fits wonderfully.

Back to the quality of the boots, I have been wearing these boots almost everyday for a year, riding motorcycle and walking daily, through the summers, winters and snow. They hold up really well.
- Leather are well made. I don't wear shoes, I use and abuse them since that how I use them, but these shoes keep up really good, even though they are quite soft for my taste.
- They have double and triple stitching where they are needed the most (where my other boots tear and wear out).
- The airbox soles look uncomfortable at first but they are actually not bad at all, instead I have good time even running in them sometimes.
- Best feature of the boots is its chemical resistant sole, advertised as: Oil, Fat, Acid, Petro, Alkali, but the soft toeboxes, in my opinion, are not thick enough as a working boots, instead you'd better off buying more working-oriented boots.
- The outsoles keep your leather from scratching, I like them a lot.
- Sole treads are shallow and flat but they have exceptional grip even compare to my Ecco trekking boots and they are kinda anti-slipping. I have no problem walking on oil (accidentally) and snow and sometimes ice, haven't hit my face yet. They bite equally good on snow as my other winter boots, a big plus for me. After a year, 1/16 inch of sole loses somewhere less than 1/5 to nothing considering how hard I use the boots (on motorcycle, normal shoes/ boots' soles wear out much faster than normal usage)

Seem like no cons? For me, they are that good and worth every penny, especially you got them on sale on Amazon like me, AND have the right size.

Just down 1 or 1.5 size and you will have a pretty good pair of boots that last long and perform well.

Dr. Martens Men's Triumph 1460 Boot