4.0 out of 5 stars Dr. Marten's Wallis
Published 17 months ago by bullof7battles

1.0 out of 5 stars garbage
While loosening the laces to put them on for the FIRST TIME, one of the eyelets snapped off! Garbage!!! Disappointed in the quality I've come to expect from the company. An overall inspection of the boot showed stitching failures and seem issues around the sole, as well.
Published 9 months ago by cea

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars garbage, March 14, 2014
This review is from: Dr. Martens Men's Wallis Boot (Apparel)

4.0 out of 5 stars Dr. Marten's Wallis, July 13, 2013
This review is from: Dr. Martens Men's Wallis Boot (Apparel)
I needed a pair of work boots. I am a material handler, so I stomp concrete all day at work. The Chuck Taylors were killing me. I saw these boots and know Doc Martens reputation. The price was right at $60 shipped. When I got them, they were a lot softer leather than I expected. Still seemed sturdy enough, though. After two weeks, they feel pretty good, but you will likely need some insoles. The boots are fairly flat and not very cushy inside. They look good, too! Also, the tread has lived up to my expectations. Not only do I walk on concrete all day, I walk over polished smooth concrete with a nice film of automatic transmission fluid. Very slick. I have yet to slip at all with these boots.

The reason I only gave 4 stars is because of the softer leather. I suppose the softer leather makes the break-in period less punishing, though. Would I recommend them? Sure!

3.0 out of 5 stars fit and comfort are a 5... Quality, is questionable., July 7, 2014
Style:

First off, these boots look great! They are really black, which is a key distinction with Dr. Martens. Many of the black boots are actually brown or dark brown. They look like nice/stylish work-ready motorcycle boots. They have a cool green plaid lining too, which is a nice touch.

Comfort:

These fit as expected and are pretty comfortable. I own two other pairs of Dr. Martens and several other brands of boots. These are the most comfortable of the classic boots I own. They are not as comfortable as a good pair of hiking boots, but I can easily walk around in these all day with little discomfort or fatigue. One thing I don't like is the lack of speed hooks on the top of the boot. This is a tall boot, meaning you have to unlace it a few steps to get it on and off. The boot has D-Rings all the way to the top which makes lacing these up once on a bit more time consuming than is ought to be.

Quality:

Here is where things start to fall apart, literally... As several other reviews mentioned, the rivets used to hold the D-Rings on appear to be complete junk. One broke clean through the first time I laced them up. I decided to keep them and used a Chicago screw from the tack department of Fleet Farm to hold the D-Ring in place while I wait for a new tubular rivet that might match a bit better. The leather is thick and stiff, which I think is a good thing. These boots feel like good sturdy work boots. Time will tell if the stitching and soles stay together better than the lace loops. If you want a boot you will be ale to wear with little repair, this is likely not it. There seems to be a major flaw in the lace rivets they are using. If you don't mind replacing a rivet once in a while, these boots are comfortable and look great. I got a great deal on them here, making them a decent buy despite the trouble I have had with them. I wouldn't recommend giving these two seconds thought if the price is anywhere near MSRP.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pair of boots., September 1, 2013
Never owned a pair of Docs before. Glad I took a chance, these are some of the best boots Ive ever owned.

5.0 out of 5 stars great boot, September 15, 2014
This is the 8th dr marten boot/shoes i own, they fit as expected a half size bigger (as is all drmartens). the quality of the product was good. the actual boots were alittle shop worn, looks like they were a display unit or had been obviously tried on by others. slight blemishes came right out with dr martens balsam. they were out of the usual factory fresh tissue wrapping.

under $60.00 delivered can make one over look such things. I reccomend these boots at twice the money, I own them in brown and black. go for it. youll love them. break in period is hours no chafing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good boot, fantastic price., October 27, 2014
I got this thing for about $50. Similar Doc Martens boots are double that...!! Great quality, I haven't worn them much, except to Riot Fest in Chicago and they were comfortable on my feet all day for 2 days in the mud. I was hoping to break them in more, but they stayed pretty crispy. Thats my only real complaint, is that the front of the boots still look nice and smooth instead of broken in and creased (which isn't a complaint - really).

I love the d-rings, much more interesting looking than simple eyelets.

Also, they are pretty heavy.

5.0 out of 5 stars quality, August 17, 2014
AustinB (ORLANDO, FLORIDA, US) - See all my reviews
Have to say I am a little Bias being British. But back in the 80s this particular boot style safed my foot! Being broad sided by another driver, am on a motorcycle, according to the doctor, if I had not been wearing DMs, doctor marten, my foot would have been mangled.I am now on a bike again and this will be my riding, hunting, fishing and hiking boots.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fishers tale, August 17, 2014
As a Southern Ocean fisher and engineer my life depend on surefootedness. Thank you for the wallis boots, they do the job.

3.0 out of 5 stars I hope after they have a good break-in period they become my favorite pair of boots, July 13, 2014
A weird fold in the leather (instep area) makes the boot a bit uncomfortable. Looks to be designed to keep the tongue in place but is really cumbersome. I hope after they have a good break-in period they become my favorite pair of boots. So far not too impressed.

2.0 out of 5 stars colour and material is the issue, July 7, 2014
I bought black....it's not as good as dr.marten's 1460.....looks bulky and ugly...i won;t recommend this product

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›