5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Sandal

3.0 out of 5 stars Visually amazing physically a little painful
Published 13 months ago by Jo

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Sandal, April 13, 2013
This review is from: Dr. Martens Women's Clarissa Sandal (Shoes)
I bought these in the Black Patent and Love them! I had to size down they run really big. I usually wear a size 7 but had to get a size 6 to fit. They are comfortable, but do require some breaking in just like all Doc's do. The color I bought can be dressed up or down and I love the patent. I have been wearing Dr. Marten's for years and you can not beat the comfort and style. They are my favorite.

3.0 out of 5 stars Visually amazing physically a little painful, November 1, 2013
Clearly an amazing design, but uncomfortable in nearly all areas. The straps at the front nip my skin as I walk, I have used tennis balls to stretch each one as much as possible. There is no give in the back like all DM's so they make you walk quite funny and they have worn all the skin of on the back of my heal which is pretty painful. I have tried them with socks and tights but that seems to make the walking process more painful. My friend also bought these in black and hasn't worn them hardly as she has had the same problems and found them very heavy.
I'm hoping in 10 years time they will be broken in! as i'm sure thats how long its going to take.
The thick patient leather is amazing but more shaping at the heel rather than a straight cut i'm sure would have help comfort massively without compromising style.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sandals., April 3, 2014
The ONLY thing that these shoes require is a bit of a breaking in period- but then wearers of Doc Martens are familiar with that. Really stylish. I purchased them for my 14 year old and was
ASTOUNDED when she loved them! I know they will wear well and hold up.....great shoes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clarissa, August 18, 2013
Love these shoes. I did order smaller size thanks to other reviews and they fit perfectly. So cute, yet so comfortable. Docs are heavy but great cushioning. This is my 4th pair of Dr. Martens. They last forever!

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm crazy about these sandals!!!, August 15, 2013
First of all, I'm a girl with big feet... size 11. These sandals are the most comfy, best fitting sandals I've ever owned -- except for the last pair of Doc Martens Sandals I purchased back in 1995!!! Those kept me smiling for over 12 years until they crumbled into dust in 2009. These Clarissa sandals are far more fashionable and cute than my last pair.
I'm only sorry that Doc didn't offer the sandals in a few more easygoing colors beyond black -- and Charro, which is like a cordovan brown. They seem to have an overrun on turquoise and hot pink patent leather versions. Maybe they'll rethink colors next year... Tan leather would be nice... I do have wide ankles and had to take an awl to punch a neat hole in the ankle strap so the buckle wasn't so tight. An awl is a handy item to own for this reason alone.
Anyway, I love these and have happy feet!

5.0 out of 5 stars Invest in moleskin, May 25, 2014
ELF (Lomita, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Thanks to the other reviews, I knew these shoes would fit big, so I ordered one size below my usual. In US size, I am a 7 1/2 to 8. In Dr Martens sandals I usually am a UK 6. I ordered a UK 5 for this pair. Perfect.
The straps on the top can cut into your foot pretty viciously. I suggest applying moleskin strips on every single strap, and a heel protector on the back. Some shoe relaxer probably wouldn't hurt either.
But remember: they are Docs. Which means they will be murder on your feet at first, then will become your most comfortable shoes, and they are so well made, you will probably get to be buried in them. And these are so very gorgeous and stylish as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it so much!!!, May 3, 2013
i was skeptical to purchase this sandals at first bec of how rough it looked but somewhow as i look at it, this shoe really appeals to me and so i dived it and clicked to purchase.....NO REGRETS!!! made my legs looked sexier and longer....very easy to match with any type of clothes.....funky and versatile.
as for the sizing, i normally wear a uk4 and this fits true to size.
i would reallyrecommend this shoe!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Dr marten sandals, June 4, 2013
Very good quality shoes, real leather, authentic doc martens. Shipping time was immaculate!
A bit uncomfortable but that's to be expected of dr martens, I'm sure I'll wear them in.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great for standing, not for walking, May 30, 2013
Anna L. (Bay Area, CA) - See all my reviews
I loved the look of these sandals and when I tried them on they seemed to fit perfectly. However, when I took a few steps around the house, the straps across the top of my foot pinched together in a very painful way. I never keep shoes that don't feel good right out of the box, so unfortunately I had to send them back.

4.0 out of 5 stars Will rub your ankles a bit, but they were cool., June 10, 2014
I actually really liked the clunkiness of these, I thought they were a nice blend of fem + masc. However, they will probably give you blisters at first. All my Docs do this though and after a week they're great.

I returned mine because I was made aware they didn't quite compliment my body shape.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›