Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

on May 25, 2014
Thanks to the other reviews, I knew these shoes would fit big, so I ordered one size below my usual. In US size, I am a 7 1/2 to 8. In Dr Martens sandals I usually am a UK 6. I ordered a UK 5 for this pair. Perfect.
The straps on the top can cut into your foot pretty viciously. I suggest applying moleskin strips on every single strap, and a heel protector on the back. Some shoe relaxer probably wouldn't hurt either.
But remember: they are Docs. Which means they will be murder on your feet at first, then will become your most comfortable shoes, and they are so well made, you will probably get to be buried in them. And these are so very gorgeous and stylish as well.
on November 1, 2013
Clearly an amazing design, but uncomfortable in nearly all areas. The straps at the front nip my skin as I walk, I have used tennis balls to stretch each one as much as possible. There is no give in the back like all DM's so they make you walk quite funny and they have worn all the skin of on the back of my heal which is pretty painful. I have tried them with socks and tights but that seems to make the walking process more painful. My friend also bought these in black and hasn't worn them hardly as she has had the same problems and found them very heavy.
I'm hoping in 10 years time they will be broken in! as i'm sure thats how long its going to take.
The thick patient leather is amazing but more shaping at the heel rather than a straight cut i'm sure would have help comfort massively without compromising style.
on April 13, 2013
I bought these in the Black Patent and Love them! I had to size down they run really big. I usually wear a size 7 but had to get a size 6 to fit. They are comfortable, but do require some breaking in just like all Doc's do. The color I bought can be dressed up or down and I love the patent. I have been wearing Dr. Marten's for years and you can not beat the comfort and style. They are my favorite.
on June 19, 2016
I have size 11W feet and I bought a size 10 in this shoe, based on other reviews. It fits PERFECTLY. I was hesitant to size down because my second toe is longer than my big toe (Morton's toe) and I'm used to needing a true 11 or 11.5 just so my toe doesn't stick out off the front of the shoe, but this shoe has a bit of room to spare for even my long toe. It took about an hour of walking for the bottom of my foot to stop making a suction sound on the insole of the shoe, but eventually the noise stopped and now they are well on their way to being perfect. Out of the box they are a 'confusing to put on' and heavy shoe, but once on my feet I quickly adapted to walking with more care due to the heaviness. The straps across the top of the foot keep my foot from feeling like it will fall out of the shoe, but as I walk my heel lifts out of the heel cup of the shoe just enough to keep my foot aired out and not sweaty. The ankle strap (which was big enough for even my wide ankles) keeps the shoe on securely. All in all this is an amazing shoe that I know will only get more comfortable as it molds to the shape of my feet. And it's a big bonus for me because these clunky shoes make my feet look smaller :)
review image
on June 1, 2016
Visually, I love these shoes. They are completely badass, and all of my friends love them. The only downside is, the first time I wore them (for a measly hour and a half of errand running), I got a blister over the entire back of my heel so bad I was unable to walk without limping for the rest of the day and the entire next day. Three days later and I am still stuck wearing flip flops as shoes are just too uncomfortable. Holy moly. My feet are no stranger to blisters-- I almost exclusively wear Doc Martens and other shoes that require breaking in... but this was RIDICULOUS. I even used this blister preventing stick thing that works for some pairs of sneakers, but it was no match for these.

I am not giving up, because I have fallen in love and beauty is pain. And I know that Doc Martens are worth the torture once they get broken in. But I have invested in some heel pads and other items that will hopefully make my next experience with these shoes a little smoother. But if you choose get these (and I hope you do because they are beautiful), PLEASE take extreme precautions to ensure some semblance of comfort.
on June 10, 2014
I actually really liked the clunkiness of these, I thought they were a nice blend of fem + masc. However, they will probably give you blisters at first. All my Docs do this though and after a week they're great.

I returned mine because I was made aware they didn't quite compliment my body shape.
on August 15, 2013
First of all, I'm a girl with big feet... size 11. These sandals are the most comfy, best fitting sandals I've ever owned -- except for the last pair of Doc Martens Sandals I purchased back in 1995!!! Those kept me smiling for over 12 years until they crumbled into dust in 2009. These Clarissa sandals are far more fashionable and cute than my last pair.
I'm only sorry that Doc didn't offer the sandals in a few more easygoing colors beyond black -- and Charro, which is like a cordovan brown. They seem to have an overrun on turquoise and hot pink patent leather versions. Maybe they'll rethink colors next year... Tan leather would be nice... I do have wide ankles and had to take an awl to punch a neat hole in the ankle strap so the buckle wasn't so tight. An awl is a handy item to own for this reason alone.
Anyway, I love these and have happy feet!
on April 12, 2016
Love these sandals and so happy to have found them for this price! They do run large - I'm usually in an 8 and am comfortably in the US7/UK5 in these. Already feel comfortable after a few hours of break in. Hope the pictures help! These are super high quality - look like they've never been taken out of the box!
review image review image review image
on June 23, 2016
I ordered these in a 8 (U.S.). I normally wear a 8.5 to a 9, but I decided to try on the small size. I was shocked by how big these were. The length was fine, but there was a good gap between my foot and the straps where I could easily stick my finger. They are beautiful with the black and the blue flowers, but they were definitely too big and too wide.
on August 18, 2013
Love these shoes. I did order smaller size thanks to other reviews and they fit perfectly. So cute, yet so comfortable. Docs are heavy but great cushioning. This is my 4th pair of Dr. Martens. They last forever!