Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Dr. Martens 1460 Originals Eight-Eye Lace-Up Boot,Black Smooth Leather,5 UK / 6 M US Mens / 7 M US Womens
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

Size: 5 F(M) UK / 7 B(M) US Women / 6 D(M) US Men|Color: Black Smooth Leather|Change

on November 1, 2013
Okay. I'm writing a review because I got annoyed with all the sizing shenanigans, so I want to put in my two cents. I just got these boots, so they are still very painful BUT I do believe I chose the correct size. I wear a womens 9.5 to 10 US, and I was very unsure of what size I should get because of all of the reviews. After two weeks of research, I gave up and made the decision to just trust that they'd be true to size. They don't have half sizes, so I did what made sense to me and ordered larger. I bought size 8 UK which translates to a 10 US, and I think they fit perfectly. I want this review to be as helpful as possible.. So, a little bit about my feet (that's a weird thing to say): my feet are wider than narrow. By that I mean that I would never be able to fit into "narrow" shoes, and wide shoes might even be a pleasant, comfortable surprise. But I don't think they qualify as a size "wide" or anything. Also important to note is that I am not TERRIBLY picky when it comes to shoe fit. I don't wear shoes that don't fit, but I also don't expect shoes to touch my feet in all the right places or have perfect support that matches the contour of my foot or anything. With that being said, I hope you find this review helpful. I have to get back to breaking these puppies in (ouch).
1515 comments|367 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 3, 2013
Shoes are wonderful! I have no bad comments what so ever. The only advice is- if you have 8.5 size foot, don't go for 6UK. Go with 7. I was hoping that it will be possible to brake them. Was wrong :)
22 comments|125 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 25, 2014
I am size 6 (US), got a pair of 1460 (uni-sex) and a pair of 1460w (women) both in size 4 (UK), lengthwise they are true to size, width is ok too. I'll give 5 stars to 1460 but 4 stars to 1460w, because the first one is more comfortable.
As you can see from the photo, 1460 (the navy one) is flatter, 1460w (the red one) tilts up, which makes less room for the feet. My feet are little wide but can't say they are thick, I feel pressed in 1460w. 1460 is absolutely more comfortable.
1460 (uni-sex) sounds rougher while 1460w more girly, the wired thing is that the front of 1460w is wider than 1460! Not the room for the feet, but the sole. If you wear bigger shoes, you'll not notice much. Size 6 (US) with wider sole looks odd.
The only good thing about 1460w is that even you don't tie the lace well the shoes fit tight, since there's not much room for movement. While 1460 you need to tie well.
review image review image
66 comments|124 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 13, 2015
Bought these and they are definitely NOT good quality. Creases on various parts of the boots, sloppy yellow stitching around the sole, as well as scuffed up sides on the soles and indented areas near the stitching. See pictures. Buyers beware. Definitely not worth your money! I actually bought these to replace a pair that I bought from Onlineshoes.com that are too small - other differences in the two pairs are that the Amazon ones are made in China - the pair from OnlineShoes are made in Vietnam. The pair from OnlineShoes have the Dr Marten logo imprinted on the actual shoe - the Amazon ones do not have any logo. They look fake. The pair I received was sold from PlanetShoes through amazon. Hope this helps!
on May 4, 2015
If you are a size 7 to 7.5 in women then you should get a size 6 for the the UK sizing. The boots fit me just right and they even came with an extra pair of laces in a different color. The shipping was fast and it came a week early.
on December 8, 2013
First time I bought these online because of the lower price and they did not disappoint. If you aren't sure about your size or color, I recommend you try them on at the store first before ordering.
on January 23, 2015
I went to a Dr. Martens store to try the boots on so that I would know which size to order on here since there is a $40+ price difference. I am normally a 9.5 US in women's and found that the UK size 7 fit me best. When the boots came from Amazon, straight out of the box they looked way too small, but the tag and inside of the tongue both said 7, so I tried them on anyway. Although they were the same size I'd tried on in the store wearing 2 pairs of socks, these were way too tight even with 1 pair of thin socks. I have since returned the boots and gone back to the Dr. Martens store to buy the boots at full price.
I would also like to add that the yellow stitching on the sides of the shoes looked very sloppy. I'm not sure if I agree with the other reviews that call these boots fake, but I do believe that they are a different quality than the boots that you get from the official store. You get what you pay for, I guess.
review image review image
33 comments|64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 9, 2014
The shoebox is not original shoebox.
on February 16, 2015
When buying these shoes I was torn between choosing sized after reading many reviews and doing tons of research. I wear a size U.S. Size 9 and so I ordered a U.S. Size 9 (aka U.K. 7) I was so afraid they were going to be to small/big but when I recieved them I put them on without socks and they fitted PERFECTLY it was a little tight with socks on but since it is leather it does stretch over time of use. ALSO from perspective they look big but they do fit to size. If you are a half size then I do suggest sizing down instead of up because they will stretch. I was also afraid of the pain everyone has said to experience when breaking these shoes in. I had no pain or blisters whatsoever! Yes these shoes are VERY STIFF and were very hard to walk in BUT, over time they become very comfortable.
And for a purchase of $95 instead of $125 this is the best deal you can get! For Smooth Leather Docs!
review image review image review image
on July 24, 2015
They came in a Doc Marten's box. They have all original tags. I went to Journeys last week to try on a "real" pair first. They fit the exact same. They're tight where everyone said they'd be, hence a star missing. If I were to tell it, they're 100% authentic. BUT I'm attaching photos. You decide for yourself.
review image review image review image review image