4.0 out of 5 stars They're so pretty...
Published 8 months ago by LEM

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute but painful
They're really nice shoes and I love the style, but they hurt really bad. I can barely walk. I'm just hoping it's apart of having to break them in.
Published 7 months ago by Mandi

4.0 out of 5 stars They're so pretty..., November 1, 2013
Okay. I'm writing a review because I got annoyed with all the sizing shenanigans, so I want to put in my two cents. I just got these boots, so they are still very painful BUT I do believe I chose the correct size. I wear a womens 9.5 to 10 US, and I was very unsure of what size I should get because of all of the reviews. After two weeks of research, I gave up and made the decision to just trust that they'd be true to size. They don't have half sizes, so I did what made sense to me and ordered larger. I bought size 8 UK which translates to a 10 US, and I think they fit perfectly. I want this review to be as helpful as possible.. So, a little bit about my feet (that's a weird thing to say): my feet are wider than narrow. By that I mean that I would never be able to fit into "narrow" shoes, and wide shoes might even be a pleasant, comfortable surprise. But I don't think they qualify as a size "wide" or anything. Also important to note is that I am not TERRIBLY picky when it comes to shoe fit. I don't wear shoes that don't fit, but I also don't expect shoes to touch my feet in all the right places or have perfect support that matches the contour of my foot or anything. With that being said, I hope you find this review helpful. I have to get back to breaking these puppies in (ouch).

5.0 out of 5 stars For 8.5 size people :), October 3, 2013
This review is from: Dr. Martens Women's 1460 Originals 8 Eye Lace Up Boot (Apparel)
Shoes are wonderful! I have no bad comments what so ever. The only advice is- if you have 8.5 size foot, don't go for 6UK. Go with 7. I was hoping that it will be possible to brake them. Was wrong :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great so far., April 3, 2014
I've been wanting a pair of Docs for years and never bought them because they're just too expensive, but I decided to finally reward myself for my birthday this year and I'm already glad I did! I found these for just over $85 for the boots and the wonder balm, so I didn't even have to spend much more than I did the last time I bought new shoes for my birthday ($60 3 years ago. What can I say? I'm allowed to be cheap while I'm in school!) and I still have some money left over.

I'm not really sure why so many people say they're so horribly uncomfortable for so long while breaking in. I wore mine around the house with regular socks for a couple days and that was all it took to get rid of any discomfort. They're still a bit stiff, but they're not any worse than I would expect leather boots to be and definitely not bad enough to call them horribly uncomfortable. They just feel like shoes that need to be broken in. I think maybe people are just buying the wrong size. I usually wear a US 8.5-9, leaning more towards a 9 in most brands. I have almost no arches, with my feet being skinny at the ankles and wider at the toes. I bought these in a UK 7/US 9 and they're the perfect size. I agree with the reviewers that if you're in a half-size you should probably go up to the next full size for the best fit, and if you're having trouble breaking them in maybe try freezing a bag of water in the toes to loosen them up a bit first. I bought them in the smooth black since it seemed the most practical (black matches everything in my wardrobe, and can be dressed up or down). The leather is very thick and strong, so I have a feeling these will last quite a while as long as I take care of them. They're very practical if you live somewhere where it's either cold or wet (or both) for most of the year. Where I live it snows from about October until early May, and the rest of the year is pretty rainy, so these should really come in handy when I want to keep my feet warm and dry but still look good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Amazon Deal!, December 8, 2013
First time I bought these online because of the lower price and they did not disappoint. If you aren't sure about your size or color, I recommend you try them on at the store first before ordering.

5.0 out of 5 stars Motorcycle Boots, March 5, 2010
Elle (L'ville, GA) - See all my reviews
I bought these to use when riding my motorcycle. They are much cheaper than boots specifically made for riding bikes. They protect my ankles and feet and I'm sure will last forever!

5.0 out of 5 stars docs, October 6, 2013
i wear a size 7.5 and i ordered a size 7, i've always been told they fit large and that statement stands true. good material, a bitch to break in but they're amazing afterwords. would definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Doc Martens 1460, September 12, 2012
these fit like a charm i love them, they run big, i wear a 6.5 in women's i ordered a 5.

5.0 out of 5 stars coolest shoes, February 5, 2014
Dtr wears 8 1/2 so the 7uk that are 9 in the usa were perfect!!!!!!!! worried they would be too big.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool looking and fun!, January 22, 2009
I get compliments every time I wear these bad-boys!!! The red-croc is so cool looking, I'm so happy with them!!! I wear them all the time. The draw-backs are the leather is EXTREMELY STIFF, and it will take a while to break them in. I'm still working on it myself!!! But its so worth it, especially if you have a lot of red in your wardrobe, they just stand out with a shine! Go for these if you are looking for something unique!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, March 14, 2014
To anybody ordering Dr Martens for the FIRST TIME!!
They will NOT be comfortable starting off. In fact, they're completely painful for the first 2 months. However, after they finally start to wear in (which may take several months) they become the most amazing and comfortable boots you will ever own.
I have 2 pairs, and I wear them constantly. More than any other shoes. They look good, and they feel good. They last FOREVER. So please, when you try them on the first time, do not be discouraged. Fight through a few uncomfortable months, then you'll have a decade of the best boots ever. Love them. They're life changing. @ss kicking boots.

Rate and Discover Movies