5.0 out of 5 stars yummy!
The best tasting cup noodle soup I ever had and it's so easy. just add hot water and about 1 minute (I'm impatient and it's still so hot) it's ready to eat. I usually get an unpleasant aftertaste with cup noodles, too salty or msg, not this one. just tasting good and I think it's low fat, low cal too. very good. I am recommending to all my friends and family to try.
Published on January 19, 2009 by T. Streater

3.0 out of 5 stars pretty blah
doesn't really taste like anything although the noodles have a decent texture. i probably won't order this item again. i tried this company's black bean and lime soup and it was a little better.
Published on October 5, 2011 by Nikki Guerlain

5.0 out of 5 stars yummy!, January 19, 2009
T. Streater (Granite Bay, California United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dr. McDougall's Right Foods Vegan Spring Onion Noodle Soup, 1.9-Ounce Cups (Pack of 6) (Grocery)

4.0 out of 5 stars Tasty, vegan, plentiful, November 1, 2009
I've only had onion soups that were beef broth based in the past and was curious to see how this vegan onion noodle soup would be. It's very light - not overly oniony, but having a lively 'black pepper' type spice flavor to it. The noodles are rice noodles and plentiful in this cup of soup.

Good things about this cup of soup:

-The portion is a good size; I would estimate 14-16 ounces prepared?

-The flavor packet comes separate, so that the powder does not congeal or settle to the bottom of the cup in a concrete-like mass. I remember this being a problem back in the 90's with healthy soup cup varieties.

-The sodium count is 14% which is fairly low.

-The whole cup of soup has 180 calories.

Great portability, easy prep. Nice to have on hand in the office for a quick snack or part of lunch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Soup ever!, September 11, 2009
This the best of all the Dr. McDougall's soups by far. The second place is the Miso.
I have tried the Minestrone, the black bean, and the Ramen. None of which do i recommend.

If you like onions only a little, this is a great soup to have on hand!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite Microwavable soup!, December 20, 2009
I decided to roll the dice and bought Spring Onion and Split Pea Soup since I like drinking soup and I wasn't disappointed, but a little scared because this is my first time ordering food type items from Amazon. My sister thought I was crazy because this is something I normally don't do.

This is by far my favorite tried the Pea Soup and it was a little bland for my taste compared to this ambrosia. I will try again tomorrow with some seasoning but this soup was perfect. It was very light and tasted good normally I expected very little when it comes to cup of noodle soups but this was the best microwavable soup I ever tasted who knows I might take a risk and buy the other flavors from Dr. McDougall.

4.0 out of 5 stars A very nice, low-cal, instant noodle soup without the junk additives, thanks Dr. McD, August 5, 2009
Mir (North Miami Beach, FL USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I've tried various Dr. McDougall's products (as I'm lazy in the kitchen and anything quick to fix, but healthful, is a boon). This is one of the nicer soups. I didn't give it 5 stars, which I'll explain below, but I still recommend this to folks who like instant noodle soups, but want something vegan, vegetarian, non-gluten, or without a lot of added junk.

For a mere 180 calories, this is a very generous serving of soup with pleasantly-textured rice noodles. The flavor packet (with dried veggie mix including shallots, garlic, green onions, white onions) mixes in without lumps. It is microwaveable, but I like adding boiling water and letting it sit a few minutes. The broth is very "oniony", and if you don't like a strong onion/garlic flavor, this is not for you.

The one star removed is for me finding it too salty. This almost has 700 mg per cup, which may not sound like too much for convenience soup, but I found it was very salty to my taste--and I love salt. I also found that there is a very faint, slightly unappealing undertaste (again, YMMW, it might just be my taste buds), that kept it from being a five-star soup for me. That said, I enjoy this soup, and I would order it again, simply because it's hard for me to find a noodle instant soup that satisfies me in the taste and texture dept. This one has lovely texture and a pretty decent flavor, and it doesn't have the artificial colors and flavors or trans fats that I don't want or need.

Another good Dr. MCD product! And with the subscription option, comes out to a tad over a buck fifty for soup for lunch. I like that, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars great soups!, December 9, 2009
lola_rita (Sacramento, CA) - See all my reviews
i've tried every flavor of these mcdougall soups now and i really like them all. they're the perfect eat-at-your-desk quick lunch!

1.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly nasty - first disappointment from this company, March 27, 2013
Personal taste is subjective, but I just didn't like this soup at all. Love the miso soup, the pilafs, the other noodle soups, but this one? I wouldn't recommend it. I have 5 more to get rid of but don't want to prejudice anyone against the other great products from this company.

3.0 out of 5 stars pretty blah, October 5, 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars when you want something to eat but don't want alot, October 2, 2013
Good soup for a "fill in". The only thing it doesn't tell you is that there are two servings in each container.

1.0 out of 5 stars Tasteless, August 3, 2013
Kismei (Glendale, AZ) - See all my reviews
Awful! Has no taste whatsoever! it sounded so good but I was very disappointed. Here are six more words added...