5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says
Published on May 15, 2011 by Mrs. Mcfadden

1.0 out of 5 stars BIOTHIN is NOT a Magic Pill!!! - Save Your $$$
Published on December 30, 2011 by Sue

1.0 out of 5 stars BIOTHIN is NOT a Magic Pill!!! - Save Your $$$, December 30, 2011
This review is from: Dr. Mercola: Biothin, 60 Vegetarian caps (Misc.)
Let me start off by saying I am a HUGE fan of Dr Mercola!!! All his information is fantastic and totally spot on. I agree with everything he has to say, and have great respect for him! However, I have never bought any of his supplements because they are extremely overpriced. Especially when I can buy supplements with the same or better quality elsewhere at a fraction of Dr Mercola's prices. (Also, one of BIOTHIN's "Other ingredients" is "silica". Really? ... Sand!!! For this price these supplements should NOT contain ANY excipients - aka cheap unnecessary fillers used to speed-up flow & production.) Plus, I am not a believer in pills/supplements for weight loss. Instead I believe in hard work - exercise and diet. That said, I was willing to give BIOTHIN a chance even though I know I was over paying for this product. The only reason I tried it, is because Dr Mercola was 100% correct about so many other topics, I really believed he was on to something that could help with weight loss.

BIOTHIN was a huge disappointment, it did not work for me! I am approx 30 pounds over my previously maintained weight, and was looking for something to help jump start weight loss. I exercise daily with free weights, a stepper, and sit-ups. I am also active in sports on a regular basis (2-3 times a week). I follow a diet that is portion appropriate, filled with healthy lean proteins, fresh or frozen veggies, and some fruits. I do NOT eat: fast food, junk food, canned, pre-packaged or processed foods. Nothing artificial! I significantly limit (rarely eat): rice, pasta, bread, potatoes, sugar or anything with a high glycemic index - I maintain a low glycemic diet. I also try to eat organic whenever possible. And I limit alcohol intake to 2 drinks or less a week.

Here is my experience with BIOTHIN. The first day I took 2 capsules 30 minutes before breakfast, then ate my normal breakfast. By lunch I wasn't quite as hungry as usual, and did eat slightly less. For dinner, I ate the same amount - no difference. The next day I lost 2 pounds. But, I can fluctuate with a 1-2 pound difference on a daily basis. So, this didn't mean much, but I was still hopeful. 2 weeks later, I still weigh the same as I did before starting BIOTHIN. The slight appetite suppression I felt at lunch on the first day, I have not felt since.

Also, the instructions on the bottle of BIOTHIN are ambiguous.
SUGGESTED USAGE: As a dietary supplement, adults take 2 vegetarian capsules daily or as directed by your healthcare professional.

So what exactly does that mean? I called Customer Service after 2 weeks of no weight loss. She stated to take 2 capsules 30 minutes prior to breakfast - because it's an appetite suppressant. I told her there is no way taking 2 capsules in the morning will suppress anyone's appetite until dinner time. When I told her I had taken them for 2 weeks, without any weight loss, she stated some people take more than 2 a day, and I could take one 30 minutes before each meal - 3 per day. She also confessed that she did NOT lose weight on BIOTHIN until she replaced one meal with a whey protein shake. Another 1 1/2 weeeks of BIOTHIN 3 times a day, still NO weight loss - I used the entire bottle. So, I gave up on BIOTHIN, and instead replaced breakfast with a whey protein shake. So far, I lost 2 pounds in 2 weeks with the whey protein shake as a meal replacement for breakfast.

BOTTOM LINE: Skip the supplements - save $$$, and instead substitute 1 meal with a whey protein shake. Hopefully you will see some weight loss like I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, May 15, 2011
This review is from: Dr. Mercola: Biothin, 60 Vegetarian caps (Misc.)
I am surprised there are no other reviews here but like 84 for the Garden of life similar supplement fucothin. I decided to choose this brand over that one because I use Mercola's products all the time and he was having a sale on his website. This also has 50mg of Fucoxanthin extract and 100mg of a blend of Garcinia Cambogia, HCA, Ginger root, Pomegranate extract, Cayenne, Apple cider vinegar and Hoodia which the other supplement does not. I found these ingredients important because they are natural appetite suppressants. Also various other benefits like increased circulation, immunity, tissue health, etc.. In a few weeks on the pills I noticed I stopped eating half way through my meals because I was full and I wasn't munching on things. I do not encourage people to buy weight loss pills but if you need help with portion control that this is a great supplement without caffeine. I lost about 11 lbs in a few weeks. FYI You must drink lots of water! If you are trying to lose weight try eating 8-9 servings of vegetables a day, get a juicer and drink fresh juice (not store bought), stop eating fast food, try working out between 45-90 mins a day, 6 days a week, switching between cardio and strength training (I like beach body products like Power 90 for beginners, P90x for advanced, Spinning classes, Zumba, etc...) Books I recommend are "Juicing for Life" and "The Ultimate Metabolism Diet". Websites I recommend are the Beach body message forum or Youtube weight loss buddies. Google "Green Smoothie Challenge" to start drinking green smoothies which contain veggies and fruit even protein powder. This hands down is the best way for you to get yourself, spouse and kids to eating more veggies while still getting all the benefits from the fiber. Kitchenaid blenders are cheap and durable and are comparable to expensive models. Hope this helps someone! Good luck!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent product!, February 28, 2012
This review is from: Dr. Mercola: Biothin, 60 Vegetarian caps (Misc.)
I have used LifeExtension Integra-Lean Irvingia in the past year and it definitely helped in reducing belly fat, so when I read Dr. Mercola sold Biothin which included the Irvingia PLUS Hoodia, and Fucoxanthin and also apple cider vinegar, ginger, etc. Which are all natural ingredients that are all good for my health for other reasons, there was no excuse not to purchase Biothin. Dr. Mercola's products are nonGMO and superior ingredients that are not toxic or synthetic ingredients that end up being a carcinogen. I like that his supplements don't end up being something that causes more damage to your health than it helps. I am 47 year-old healthy female, on no pharmaceuticals, no chronic disease and strive to eat a very healthy diet full of organic, nonGMO, raw dairy, grass fed beef and free range chicken/eggs plus lots of super foods like coconut oil, hemp, ground flax seeds and chia seeds and lots of nuts. I do not eat non nutritious processed foods. However, I still struggle with portion control. I figure I eat healthy food so a little over eating now and then is no biggie which is obviously wrong. So far with Biothin I am not really hungry at all for the entire day. I am not starving when I get home and I am not jumpy or irritable. I just don't focus on my next meal like I used to do. I never weigh myself but I am down from a size 12 to a size 10 in a couple weeks. I am also taking the CLA as advised in his article regarding Biothin. Along with these I take a Trader Joe's chewable Mega Vitamin, Spirulina, Grapeseed Extract, Ubiquinol and Krill Oil all daily. It is truly a wonderful thing to be happy, healthy, sleeping like a baby and experiencing no pain, not even a headache and full of energy every day.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love Biothin!, February 6, 2012
This review is from: Dr. Mercola: Biothin, 60 Vegetarian caps (Misc.)
I'm 55 years old and had a hard time losing the belly fat. Tried a lot of different weight loss supplements. I find that using Biothin works for me. I've been using it for a year now. I lost 25 pounds the first 6 months. I watched what I ate and exercised by walking 30 - 60 minutes a day. Now I'm in the maintenance stage to maintain the weightloss. I've went back to eating whatever I want, in moderation.. mostly meat, fruit, vegatables, very little carbs.. If I want a piece of cake, I'll eat it. And, I don't exercise daily like I was when I was seriously dropping the weight. I stopped taking Biothin for a few weeks and I noticed I was putting on the pounds again and was hard to take off. I started taking Biothin and I dropped those few extra pounds and now I'm maintaining my weightloss. I find it works for me and I'll keep buying it. As for the one review I read here about "one of BIOTHIN's "Other ingredients" is "silica". Really? ... Sand!!!" Oh come on people,almost every bottle of supplements that I purchase has that little sack of silica to keep moisture out. It's not actually in the capsule itself. If you can prove me wrong about that.. Please do.

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your hard-earned money!, January 12, 2013
This review is from: Dr. Mercola: Biothin, 60 Vegetarian caps (Misc.)
I, too, love Mercola and have followed his trail for many, many years. But, I agree, this was a waste of money. We ordered all of the recommended supplements. It failed to work for me or my husband. It was a collosal waste of time and money. Beware of his cookware as well. We got burned twice on those.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed!, September 7, 2012
This review is from: Dr. Mercola: Biothin, 60 Vegetarian caps (Misc.)
This product did not work at all. Followed the instructions, finished the bottle and no weight loss. I'm starting to wonder if Mercola isn't a snake oil salesman!