5.0 out of 5 stars Get them! Use them!
Published on October 2, 2001 by Stephanie Horsley

1.0 out of 5 stars Forget these Tapes-Read the Book.
If Dr. Phil had narrated his own book, the tapes would be great. Disappointingly, he doesn't. The fellow that reads is a complete mismatch of this material. After 10 minutes, I couldn't take his voice anymore. I tried to be patient. I tried to be tolerant. Sorry, this voice just doesn't work. Not even close. Forget the tapes. Read the book.
Published on August 18, 2002

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Get them! Use them!, October 2, 2001
This review is from: Dr. Phil Getting Real (Audio Cassette)
I received these tapes not a week ago and am currently on my second round of listening. I have read much on Dr. McGraw, including his books, and as someone who has searched through life for "the answer" on how to change, I found it from Dr. McGraw - and these tapes send it home. By the time I finished with the fourth tape, I wanted to do better and knew I could. I have already made many changes as a result of Dr. McGraw's books, now these tapes give me more to do and I can't wait to get started. I recommend these highly, and may just give them as Christmas presents. What better thing to give someone than a better future.

5.0 out of 5 stars More Great Advice, November 16, 2001
This review is from: Dr. Phil Getting Real (Audio Cassette)
I bought this book and read it cover to cover in one night. I couldn't put it down! Self Matters is now helping me to fulfill my potential as person by putting into action Dr. Phil's five step plan. I am shedding my "fictional self" and reaching for my "authentic self" with unabashed fervor. I will no longer find me through others and I encourage you to do the same!!!!! Buy this for you mom, your husband, brother, sister, children, aunts, uncles, cousins, neighbors and anyone else you know who is just okay. It's time for us all to be the AMAZING, WONDERFUL beings we were born to become. I know this is a life process, and it will take work, but with a little luck along the way and the guidance of this groundbreaking book, I WILL NOT BE THE SAME PERSON I WAS YESTERDAY!

5.0 out of 5 stars You MUST buy this book! I LOVE YOU DR. PHIL!, November 17, 2001
This review is from: Dr. Phil Getting Real (Audio Cassette)
Seriously, this is one of the best seminars I've ever heard. Dr. Phil's Life Strategies combined with his incredible speaking ability gives listeners the tools to change their life. He kept me so interested in what he was saying that I couldn't wait to hear what he would say next. The primary purpose is for YOU to change the things in YOUR life that need fixing and a hopeful consequence of those actions will also improve your relationship with your Significant Other & Loved Ones.
I can only hope that he will release even more seminars and other self-help books on different topics, as there are many other American epidemics that I'm sure he could help with. Hey Dr. Phil, if you're reading this, how about releasing more self-help books for things such as addiction, over-eating, or self-esteem?
Back to these tapes, BUY THEM TODAY (don't wait), borrow them from a friend, or rent them from your local library. You won't be disappointed! If you're looking for the motivation and the tools to change your life, these tapes are for you. The next step would be for your SPOUSE or SO to listen to them...

5.0 out of 5 stars America's #1 Therapist - right in your living room., September 17, 2003
This review is from: Dr. Phil Getting Real (Audio Cassette)
Truly, though all of what Dr. Phil has to say is common sense (with a little stand up comedy thrown in) in this four cassette edition about your life, and although most of what he says you knew somewhere in your heart, you will learn the most incredible things. I thought our relationship (my husband and mine) was good, I can see I was right, but there were so many ways to make it THE relationship that I never even thought about. I truly think this man could run for President. One thing he mentions is passion, having a passion for the things in life that matter most to you (among having other things) and you can just hear the passion in HIS voice, knowing he believes what he is saying, and not just believes it, but wants YOU to know it. Because it's simple. Because you already know it and have to face it sooner or later. Because it will make your life so much easier. Don't struggle emotionally one more minute, just listen to these cassettes together with a partner, alone on your headset, while resting in the bath, and you will absolutely be amazed by the transformation that sets inside of you almost instantly - all good of course. You will also learn some harsh realities, along with a few things you didn't know about Dr. Phil that will surprise you. Best of all, no griping, no grumbling, just listen, and the fee....well, judge for yourself what you would pay a therapist for all this great advice and all of this time. Dr. Phil bills by the heart. Thanks again and again Dr. Phil.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best tape I have ever heard!, August 4, 2003
This review is from: Dr. Phil Getting Real (Audio CD)
DON'T START LISTENING TO THESE TAPES if you don't have five hours to spend. Because once you start listening you just can't stop. It's the most fascinating, brilliant, interesting and catching speach I have ever heard. Dr McGraw is a BRILLIANT speaker. Seemingly without script he speaks for five hours without loosing track, without getting tired. His voice goes down in calm "caring mode", up in exiting "this is a biggie mode" and so on, and catches you so you just can't stop taking to your heart every word he says. I sure wish there were more recordings of this kind available.

5.0 out of 5 stars Common Sense Approach to Life, November 23, 2001
"litlc" (Torrance, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dr. Phil Getting Real (Audio Cassette)
Dr. Phil takes you through a common sense, no nonsense approach to life's issues. These tapes keep you intrigued and are a great companion on long drives(especially in traffic). Dr. Phil tells it like it is and his straight forward approach is very much appreciated in this fake-feel good world! The tapes are a great compliment to his Life Strategies book. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking at taking that first step to transform and enhance their life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dr. Phil Getting Real, March 25, 2003
Shirley (Phoenixville, PA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dr. Phil Getting Real (Audio Cassette)
I found Dr. Phil's tapes to be a wake up call - saying out loud what most of us already know. It was reinforcing and I listened to every word - twice through. I usually don't find audiocassettes that interesting but this was really good.

1.0 out of 5 stars Forget these Tapes-Read the Book., August 18, 2002

4.0 out of 5 stars In my tape player right now, January 10, 2003
This review is from: Dr. Phil Getting Real (Audio Cassette)
Usually driving down the road I love listening to the radio. But lately I have listened to Dr. Phil's tapes and he really makes sense. I find myself saying "YES" to all the things he talks about. If you've ever watched Oprah or the Dr. Phil show, the tape basically covers those topics. It is a taped show from an arena full of people. So he asks questions to the audience and lets them ask questions and respond. It makes the tape more interesting than if he were talking non-stop. He covers "life laws" in a well-organized manner. Easy to listen to. Not difficult to understand, and funny funny funny. A must have, even if you don't have any "problems" to work out, it is a great overall tool for living a fulfilling life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Any marriage will benefit from this, January 31, 2005
This review is from: Dr. Phil Getting Real (Audio CD)
Dr. Phil Getting Real by Dr. Phil McGraw is easy to listen to and filled with excellent advise for becoming a better marriage partner or gaining the confidence to leave an unfixable relationship, and how to tell the difference. Dr. Phil, who is highly qualified in the field of psychology, has the ability to "get down where you live" and talk in plain ( an often explitive four letter words) language so that you know you are not listening to some Ph. D. who is way over your heads. His TV and Radio fame is well-deserved, and he provides here no quick and easy exit or fix for an unharmonious marriage, but some excellent advice of how to proceed to make your situation better and to improve yourself first and then your relationships. We highly recommend this set of CD's for time well-used when you are on the go.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Dr. Phil Getting Real
Dr. Phil Getting Real by Phillip C. McGraw (Audio Cassette - September 1, 2001)
Used & New from: $0.01