5.0 out of 5 stars Movies Included
Movies arrived in great shape. Work well. Note to those buying as a gift, this set DOES include the two Dr. Quinn movies that were also produced in addition to the regular television episodes.
Published on January 7, 2010 by Brett Bretterson

Published on March 4, 2010 by June Woosley

5.0 out of 5 stars Movies Included, January 7, 2010

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Series Megaset, Ok Packaging, December 2, 2008
This review is from: Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman: The Complete Series Megaset (DVD)
I am a true fan(atic) of Dr. Quinn and was excited to see this complete set. When I received it I was pleasantly surprised to find that the set also included the movies. This was not clear to me from the product description provided and since the website stated that the movies were frequently ordered with the megaset I took that to mean they were not included. So I ordered the movies separately and now will have to return them.

The series itself is worthdefinitely 5 stars. However I gave an overall rating of 4 stars because of the packaging. Although a very innovative way to hold all these DVDs in a compact space, it was not as sturdy as I expected and the so-called "faux leather" is more like thick brown cardboard. The leather tie is not a tie at all since it was only attached to the front cover and not the back. Perhaps it is broken but I didn't see anything that suggested it was ever attached to the back cover. Despite these packaging issues I will not return the set because the main thing are the DVDs themselves and they are wonderful! A definite must buy for the true Dr. Quinn fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars What an Unbelievable Price, October 9, 2009
I purchased all the DVDs that are in this set as they were originally relaesed at very high prices just so I could have this remarkable program for future enjoyment. This Complete Series offering is only slightly more expensive than a single season DVD set I bought early on. Had I known that everything would be available as one set now at this price, I would have waited and saved several hundred dollars. If you are a fan of good wholesome family television, then buy this set immediately because this price is unbelievably great. There is nothing on television anymore that compares to shows like this one, The Waltons, or Little House on the Prairie. I wonder if there will ever be another program like these given the vulgar nature of most TV shows now. Treat yourself and enjoy a classic TV series that wasn't full of foul language, sex and violence.

5.0 out of 5 stars Phenomenal, December 6, 2008
When this show originally aired I was in highschool and busy with homework and social events so I never had the pleasure to watch it. A friend of mine suggested this series to me and her and I watched the entire DVD collection from beginning to end over a 4 month span. What an incredible show this is. The characters are great and I love the family values presented in this drama. I highly recommend this to anyone who likes Native American and early Western American history as well as medical pioneering. As from a previous reviewer, the box is not as sturdy as expected but the discs are the main attraction anyway.

5.0 out of 5 stars Independence comes to Colorodo Springs, November 14, 2008
What a wonderful show! I was not able to follow this show during it's regularly scheduled timeslot. This complete series megaset has allowed me to enjoy all the shows. (Haven't finished watching them all yet). The value is great! The presentation value is great. I will enjoy these for as long as DVDs last. My only concern is ... how difficult it is for me to get the DVDs out of the pockets. Younger fingers won't have a problem. That's why I'd like to give it 4 3/4 stars, but the system only allows whole stars.

2.0 out of 5 stars This is a great series but there was something wrong with the production of the DVDs I received., March 4, 2010
The series is great, Amazon is great, the price was great; however, be forewarned: the production of these DVDs from A&E was very bad. Several of the DVDs in each season had a glitch, i.e., the sound/dialogue didn't match up with the actors' speech/movements. It was out of sync. We sent it back for a replacement which Amazon was great about, and the same thing happened again but just to the first season of DVDs, so it's hit or miss. It's a shame because this was a gift for Christmas. By the way, there is nothing wrong with my DVD player. These were the only DVDS that this has ever happened to out of all the movies we own.

I'm really disappointed that A&E didn't have quality control on these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic and never grows old!, March 16, 2010
I loved watching Dr. Quin as a kid, and started renting it on netflix to watch with my sister and her young children who ended up loving it too. One day I thought, why don't I buy it? I found that Amazon had the best price for the box set. I was THRILLED when it showed up, and can sit down with my family to watch it and not have to worry if there is going to be questionable content on it.
I HIGHLY recommend this product to anyone who wants a bit of history, love story, and good, clean entertainment.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointment, July 1, 2011
Elizabeth A Dempster (Goolwa Beach, South Australia, AU) - See all my reviews
My husband and I are avid series watches but have never received anything like the shocking quality of this set of dvd's, Quality Control is non existant. 80% could not be viewed in any way. A&E have no idea how disappointing this can be for a customer. We have our money back but give me Dr Quinn any day. We would never trust the real source of these dvd's again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dr. Quinn DVD review, July 29, 2009
I, too, was excited to see all the seasons in a compact package as opposed to videotapes. I've read other reviews and I agree about the poor packaging and manufacturing of the DVDs. the "leather" isn't leather and the cord to hold everything together wasn't glued on well. The pockets to hold the DVDs are attached to the box with springs that became stretched out easily (the design is similar to that of school one-subject notebooks) and quickly, and tear the paper binding. The DVDs themselves aren't easy to remove from the sleeves, and have a tendency to skip. the packaging became "ratty" so quickly I ended up buying a more "modern" DVD holder. I've also had trouble moving from one episode to the next. If I decide to stop an episode to watch another, frequently the DVD stops completely and starts again at the FBI warning. and while not hearing impaired, I was very disappointed that the set is not closed-captioned. I use closed-captioning frequently because dialogue isn't always clear.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best TV series EVER!, December 1, 2009
I grew up watching this show with my family, and fell in love with the pioneer life and Byron Sully. Sully and Michaela were just an amazing romance that just isn't shown anymore. My dad loved Jane Seymore and she was a fantastic actress. Loved the stories with the children, the way our cities were developed, how lifestyles were back then, and all of the supporting cast was outstanding.

When I see the stupid reality shows nowadays, and the raunchy comedies and the gory, gross dramatic shows, I realize how precious this series was and how there probably won't be anything like it for a long time. I bought this set because I want to sit with my family and not be embarassed by what is being showed, and see a real story with interesting characters, and learn something about history.

Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman: The Complete Series Megaset