4.0 out of 5 stars The Washita Massacre, The Wedding, and Colleen Redux
This review refers to the 3rd Season of Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman (DVD set/A&E)...

Published on February 9, 2005 by L. Shirley

2.0 out of 5 stars not happy with dvd
Three of the dvd's do not play and 3 of them skip and you can not understand anything on them any way of getting a replacement for this season three?
Published 18 months ago by nadine tomecko

4.0 out of 5 stars The Washita Massacre, The Wedding, and Colleen Redux, February 9, 2005

I hardly have to tell anyone, that is already shopping for Season Three, that this series is one of the best TV has to offer. You are already familiar and attached to the town of Colorado Springs, and the wonderful characters we have come to know and love. We know the history of the growing bonds and relationships that have already touched us, and maybe even feel a part of it by now. This makes this season all the more special.

Here's a taste of what you have to look foward to. "The Train" is coming to Colorado Springs, and has the town divided. A "Cattle Drive", has Dr. Mike's family and Loren mourning the death of Miss Olive, and herding her cattle, now left to Matthew, back to town. There are some great holiday episodes to enjoy, a trip to Washington D.C. to try to help the Cheyenne, and Dorothy's scare with breast cancer ("Ladies Night"/2 parts) mixes high drama with comic relief as Jake, dressed up as a woman is taken hostage. Sully becomes and "Indian Agent", the kids Father returns to try and take them back in "Cooper Vs. Quinn", and Mike stirs up the town with her teachings of the evolution theory in "The Permanence of Change." Then just when you think things could not get any more emotional, the double episode of "Washita", will have you in tears as the story of the massacre of the Cheyenne tribe we have come to love, unfolds. Mike and Sully must both deal with the horror of what has happened in their own ways.

The last disc has two episodes, that will have you laughing, smiling and crying. Mike and Sully get ready to tie the knot. The Reverend tries to council them on what to expect in "Ready or Not", and we see some wonderful flashbacks of the growing love these two share. And then finally "For Better Or Worse". The feature length wedding episode, that has Mike torn between her family's wedding plans and the townsfolk. On the more serious end, Custer is out to get Cloud Dancing, and Sully tries to protect his good friend. The wedding, a beautiful event, will at the very least, have you all choked up, and brings back the return of a few favorites from other episodes and even Hank and Jake become unlikely heroes. The closing scene is just too beautiful for words.

There are 25(including the 2 parters) of these moving episodes on 8 discs, and added to the fabulous regular cast, you'll see some great guest stars. Elinor Donahue, Johnny and June Carter Cash, and Richard Bull among them. The part of Colleen changes about mid-stream from Erika Flores to Jessica Bowman. although just when you get used to the new Colleen, Flores returns for just one episode, and then back to Bowman again. The discs as before, are all in their own keep cases, present a nice picture with good clarity and excellent sound. Disc 8 has commentary from Jane Seymour and Joe Lando which may be listened to during "For Better or Worse". The buying info here says there are highlights, I could not locate these anywhere. The scene selection is nice and there is a summary of each episode on the discs. And A&E..STILL no captions for hearing impaired viewers to enjoy this wonderful series...why not? So still 4 stars for this 5 plus star show.

These sets, viewed season by season are a great investment, as you are sure to view them over and over. But..the price is pretty high, so check the outside sellers for some really good deals.

They don't make em like this anymore..a wonderful mix of adventure, history, and romance, all told in a way that makes us fall in love with the whole town, and makes for excellent family entertainment.

Enjoy...Laurie

5.0 out of 5 stars Dr. Quinn season 3, April 24, 2004
I loved the series when it was on, but season 3 is my particular favorite. The characters are more developed, and the storylines are terrific. There are so mnay great episodes during this season. "What is Love?" and "For Better or Worse" (the beautiful wedding) are two of my personal favorites. The commentary with Jane Seymour and Joe Lando during "For Better or Worse" is wonderful. It's interesting to get their view of what happened to make that episode. I definately recommend this season on DVD and any other Dr Quinn season!! It was a wonderful show.

5.0 out of 5 stars A show to share with your whole family, July 3, 2004
By A Customer
I loved Dr. Quinn when it was on tv but now I have the opportunity to share this wonderfully rich show with my children and their grandparents. The treatment suffered by the indians, immigrants and by various people of the town have lead to many dicussions in our house after we watch them. This show has something for all ages and was filmed in a beautiful setting with a talented cast. Dr. Quinn is a wonderful role model for girls ( and she manages to do it with her clothes on!!!). It's too bad there aren't shows on tv now that can say the same. Some of my children's favorite episodes have been "The Library", "Cattle Drive" & of course "For Better or Worse". I hope they continue to release all the seasons. Won't it be great if they could get the cast to do a 2 hour Dr. Quinn movie?

5.0 out of 5 stars And the series gets even better!, May 22, 2005
Sweetheart414 (Willow Grove, PA) - See all my reviews
This season was the best out of the first three, hands down! Micheala was always an admirable character, but in this season you get to see her express a wider variety of emotions. In addition, by this point in the show you can see the townsfolk changing, mostly for the better. Micheala's prescence in their lives has apparently begun to change them for the better. This season has several very memorable episodes and you won't regret buying it!

4.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful Series!!!, January 12, 2005
I loved Dr. Quinn when it was on television and I'm thrilled that this wholesome show has made it to DVD. I love re-visiting these episodes and this has been a great investment. Each disk includes a brief synopsis of each episode with episode selection. This is a nicely put together set and one I recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dr. Quinn Medicine woman, September 7, 2005
Dawn "mother hen" (Tauranga, New Zealand) - See all my reviews
Dr. Quinn Medicine woman is a wonderful series for everyone to watch. Our family loves it! It seems like we wait all day just to enjoy our movie night watching medicine woman. I enjoy it because it is a good clean movie as well as adventurous and romantic. The boys like the action parts that fill many of the shows with Sully and the indians.

overall this is a great series that the whole family can enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Third Times a Charm, February 21, 2007
Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman has done it again. The third season is just as charming as the first two seasons. Michaela and Sully finally start their lives as a couple, go through some tough times in the process, and finally get married in the season finale. This DVD has excellent picture quality and an interactive Menu with summaries of each episode and the option of scene selection. It's a great installation for any Dr. Quinn fans who want to own the complete collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great series, a true masterpiece, October 28, 2008
This series is a must buy. What happen to the good old programs without swearing or sexual content. What happen to programs like "little house on the prarie" and "somewhere in time"? Well, Dr. Quinn runs in the same category. I recommend Dr. Quinn for the whole family to watch together. You will not be disappointed with purchasing this DVD collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars GRRRREEEEAAAAAATTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, January 16, 2007
I love this show! This season was wonderful! I waited almost a year and a half before buying the third season, once I started watching I could not stop! Great show! Little confused when they changed the Colleen's on me, but I recovered!

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Series but no captioning or subtitles, April 29, 2009
I have loved Dr. Quinn ever since it was first released and I love that I can now own the entire set at home. The only thing I don't like is that my grandma who is hearing imparied is unable to watch them because A&E didn't caption them or put subtitles for those that need them. i even find myself missing reading along since I am so used to it.

Dr Quinn Medicine Woman: Complete Season Three