Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundTouch 130 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on July 26, 2011
I have had a severe case of plantar fascitis for over a year. It came on all of a sudden one day. I did have the mnorning pain like is typical, but the bigger issue for me was that I would have debilitating pain causing me to limp severely on weekends when I was on my feet most of the day (vs workdays where a large part of my day is sitting). I have tried therapy, exercise, night braces of all designs and shapes, foot wraps, whole shoe inserts, 3/4 shoe inserts, specialty shoes with built-in arches, etc. After almost a year, I learned that there were 2 things that helped more than just a tiny, tiny bit like all the rest.

First, really extended foot stretches. For me, I get the best results when doing the plank (bonus core and upper body work, too!)

And second, wearing shoes all the time with arch supports. The best thing was the expensive orthaheel sandals, but since their variety is so limited and not very nice even at that, I searched for months trying every arch support insert I could find. I've tried over a dozen and this one by Dr. Scholl's is my favorite. It is both the right size, feel, comfort, but also one of the very, very few that is clear and can be worn with both sandals (since they are clear) and with heels since they bend easily.

I might even stop searching for cures now as with these 2 I have my pain under control!
44 comments146 of 152 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 24, 2012
These arch supports are pretty good for the price. I have had 1 pair for over a year and keep them in a pair of sandles but transfer to other shoes too. If you are having problems keeping them stuck to your shoes just take them out and wash them with soap on both sides, rinse well and let dry then re-insert in shoes. They become sticky over and over again. They are just silicone and washable. Can't remember if the package says that but they are. Went to the beach last week and got them sandy but washed up like a dream and are back in shoes.
11 comment75 of 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 14, 2010
Struggled with fallen arch and plantar faciatis for months until I found these soft gels. Sure the stickiness doesn't last, but get the double sided tape or shoe gu and its fine. We on flip-flops and tennis shoes. Works great.
0Comment39 of 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 23, 2014
These are perfect! I was having cramps in my calf that were coming and going and I could not figure out why. Once winter set in and I started wearing my Frye boots everyday the cramps started. I have wide flat feet. I own a wooden screw type shoe stretcher and stretched out my shoes so they were not tight on my toes, however the cramps persisted. I actually went to a foot doctor who said I had low arches. he said that would twist my foot and ankle. Something I have had all my life, but I'm not getting any younger, you know, so what never bothered me before was now a problem. I bought these and carefully peeled back the leather foot-bed lining in my boots and stuck these under the thin leather liner in my boots. While it feels a little weird to have small lump in your arch my cramps went away. I can notice the pad is there but it does not bother me. the better result is my calf does not hurt any more and I feel like I may be helping to stave off further foot trauma by having no arch support. These are really nice. there is a little adhesive on the bottom side, but putting them under the insole keeps them snug in place. I don't think these would work very well in sandals, but maybe. I wanted to take the time to write this review and say that I am going to put these into every single pair of womens shoes that I own because for some reason shoe manufactures seem to think that arch support is not important. I have tried all the other foam and jell inserts but those made my shoes too tight. So these are just perfect. I hope this helps you as they have definitely helped me! I am adding a pic of the arch support in my left boot. it does stick out a little from under the insole, but it stays put!
review image
0Comment27 of 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 2, 2013
I have had my bouts with plantar faciitis and have used ridiculously expensive orthotics for years. I pretty much stick to boots and sandals like Birkenstocks because I can't use the orthotics in low cut shoes. I discovered these arch supports looking for some solution to a pair of flat sandals (Kork-Ease Corine) I liked too much not to wear and they worked like a dream. I bought another package and started experimenting. Today I took a pair, reversed the right and left and stuck them under the removable innersoles of a pair of Nike Free running shoes, taped over them with duct tape and put the inner soles back in the shoes. Awesome. I can't believe how comfortable they are and attaching the support to the inner sole is much easier than sticking them in the shoe (though it worked fine with the sandals). I'm going to do the same thing with my new Adidas Adizero golf shoes and then I'm going to experiment with a couple pairs of flats I hardly ever wear for lack of arch support.

I cringe at the thought of the shoes I've given away or tossed thinking I could never wear them again and the hundreds of dollars I've spent on orthotics. I might still use the orthotics for heavy duty stuff at the gym or in my hiking boots but for every day these are amazing. Hopefully they will hold up fairly well but I'm going to buy a bunch of them and keep them on hand. I did the math - I could buy something like 75 pair for what I paid for one pair of orthotics -- that's almost every shoe in my closet! (kidding...)
0Comment36 of 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 28, 2010
The first time I bought these at a CVS pharmacy. They fit into any shoe and have self adhesive tape to hold them in place. If you have plantars fasciitis, or flat feet, these are for you! Fit in any shoe and are clear, so not noticeable in sandals. Love these!!
0Comment19 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 17, 2010
The two companies should collaborate and include a small bottle of SHOE GOO-TUBE CLEAR with these arches. Before you permanently attach your arch supports tape them into your shoes and make all the adjustments you need until they "disappear" under your foot. I like these because I have very high arches (like a lot of women) that are more toward the front of my foot then 3/4 or full length arch support footbeds expect. You can't move them around from shoe to shoe but they don't move around under your feet when you are wearing them either. I am not a big fan of "gel" because I prefer something soft or fabric so I top these with a full length insole like the Profoot Care Miracle Men's, Blue, 2-Ounces Units (Pack of 3). Because I wear an E width and width can be difficult to find, I cheat sometimes and wear men's shoes. But men's shoes have arches that are too low and further back then women, as well as ankles that are too wide so I goo in heel liners as well Dr. Scholl's Heel Liners, Women's & Men's, 1 pair (Pack of 6) It's a lot of effort but all my shoes feel custom fit. Arches are a must if you love ballet flats.
11 comment37 of 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 27, 2011
Don't expect these to stay in place without a little crazy glue. I left the same review for the ball of foot cushions too. In concept, I love these arch support. The arches make unbearable heels comfortable for an entire day of wear. I found that the adhesive that is on the product isn't strong enough to hold the arch support in place. I bought a small tube of crazy glue and after I placed the center of the support into place I ran the glue around the edges of it. They're staying in place so far, but I would rather have them stay in place on their own.
0Comment18 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 17, 2014
I have high arches. Once these arch supports are under my arches I am essentially able to put my weight on my whole foot whereas before I guess I was kind of putting all my weight on my heels, toes, and the outside edges of my feet. I have very healthy feet overall but I am trying to minimize heel-strike impact to protect my back, so that is why I use them.

They DO slip around in my shoes a bit, and when I take my shoes on and off I often have to reposition them. And they do pick up the colors of my socks from the bottom of my shoes, so they begin to look kind of grayish. But they last forever and they do their job of supporting the arch. For me these worked better than full-foot inserts - full-foot inserts for some as-yet-unexplained reason always made one of my feet hurt.
on November 20, 2011
These are very comfortable. Can be changed from one shoe to another. Don't show when you're wearing heals yet give your arches additional support.