Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Dr. Scholl's Massaging Gel Insoles, Men (2 pairs)
Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Size: Mens 8-13|Change

on November 16, 2011
So I bought this thinking my feet would enjoy some squishy silicone goodness. First few days, were pretty ok. Not the unmitigated bliss described in their commercials but ok. I truly never felt like I was "gellin". After 8 days the the short lived honeymoon was over. The fabric cover started separating from the insole causing my feet pretty icky discomfort and blisters. After 12 days the material of the insoles started crumbling filling my shoes with little sticky chunks of blue mystery gel. I can't tell you the great sorrow it caused to me to see my shoes fill with such nastiness. I took a while to get all the icky bits out of my beloved boots. I apologized profusely to my trusty footwear, vowing to never again make them suffer this fate. Hopefully I will be forgiven.

In short, these Dr. Scholl's Massaging Gel Insoles do not massage and are a total waste of money. I mean $10 bucks for about 10 days of usefulness isn't really what I was looking for. They suck out loud. Don't bother with them unless of course you like messing up your shoes. Then by all means buy a case of them.
22 comments| 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 10, 2011
I had been a fan of the Dr. Scholl's (DS) Insole for a few years. Because I have a peripheral neuropathy problem, I have feet that are sore and require some insoles that are well padded from heel to toe. I had been buying the DS Ener-Gel insole (about $15.00 per package) and had about 4 pairs - one for each of the shoes I wear on a regular basis. However, these were wearing out, so I returned to the store to buy more. This model was no longer on the shelf, and a check of the DS web site indicated this model was no longer being made. Apparently, this model has been replaced by the DS Massaging Gel (MG) Insole. I purchased a pair, took them out of the package, and compared them to my original insoles. First and foremost, I should mention for others with foot neuropathy problems, the "last" thing you need is an insole that "massages" the damaged nerves in your feet which results in more pain.

In addition to this, The MG model appears to have reduced the gel padding by at least 50%. The padding that is present is almost totally located in the heel portion, and then thins out to almost nothing from the arch to the toe area of the insole. Also, even though the insole had been significantly reduced in materials/quality, the price was the same or more than my original DS Ener-Gel insoles. Wow! Talk about the proverbial "ever shrinking candy bar" that sells at the same price or higher, this is it! I can't recommend these insoles to anyone needing a significant amount of padding in the front portion of the foot, and I am very disappointed in the Dr. Scholl's brand for trying to "cut corners" (and improve their bottom line) by making and selling a cheaper product at inflated costs; thus, the reason for my one star rating of this product.
44 comments| 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 12, 2011
When I saw commercials for this, I thought "what a great idea" so I bought a pair. The heal makes it easier to "stand" for a long time but the design forces my foot forward when walking (yes, I put them in cloth side up). My heel becomes loose so it slips up and down. After awhile, my toes get so jammed up at the front of the shoe, I have to stop and kick my heal on the ground to pull my foot backward into the shoe where it should be. I think this happens because the heel is raised higher than the toe. I found it more difficult to walk with the product in the shoes than without it. Since I don't want to create some physical foot or leg problems due to incorrectly compensating for this, I stopped using them.
on August 26, 2009
I think the reason so many people have problems with the different gel inserts is because they don't insert them into the shoes correctly. The colored gel part goes down. I agree this doesn't make logical sense - since you would think the soft colored gel part would go up. But if you look at the directions it says that part should go down. And that makes sense when you read people's reviews and the problems they have - they have installed them the wrong way! I have these in the shoe's I am wearing right now and really like them. The insoles in my dress shoes have worn down and there are holes through them in two locations where there is the most rubbing. The outsides of the shoes look great. These extend the life of my shoes and take away the pain form the holes in the current insoles. The only thing I don't like about them is they create a squeek for a while until they get worn in - between the dress socks and the insoles - but it does go way after they wear in a little.
on April 25, 2011
They're comfortable enough but the heels wear out and begin to crumble after only a few weeks of hard use. (And no, I did not have them in upside down as some reviewers have suggested.) They are then uncomfortable and leave a sticky line on your socks. I've had much better luck with brands/models that have a firm reinforcement cupping the heel, e.g. the Walgreens house brand, gray with a black rubber-like liner around the heel edges.
on January 18, 2013
I have always liked having inserts in my shoes and I mostly stuck to memory foam cause I like feeling like I'm walking on mattresses. I don't have sweaty feet or any foot issues so I've never had problems with insoles. I bought myself a nice pair of boots and decided to step my game up and get some gel insoles. I first tried some Walgreens brand inserts and they started falling apart after 4 days, not sure what I expected from Walgreens. I took them back and got these 'massaging' gel insoles. They are fan-dang-tastic for the first few days, but I'm not sure where the massaging part comes in, unless it's a very lethargic and slow masseuse. About a week in I noticed my socks started to look funny. The heel started to disintegrate into gooey balls that clung to my sock like barnacles. On top of that the cloth part would rip loose from the gel part and bunch up under the middle of my foot. I'd have to readjust it at least once a day. I only had my pair for 2 weeks before the heel was pretty much gone and I gave up. I'm back to foam and unless the doctor can develop an insert that lasts longer than the time it took you to read this review.
on June 13, 2012
Pretty much for all the reasons stated before in the negative reviews, these are a total waste of money. The worst aspect for me is the fact that they have absolutely no rigidity and continually bunch up, roll up, and ride up in the interior of my boots such that I have to fix and readjust them every single time I want to put them on, which is a super pain in the neck if you like to be ready to go when you throw your shoes on. You might as well just dump some lasagne noodles into your shoes for all the use they do. I subsequently bought some spenco arches which were way cheaper and a thousand times better. Don't believe the advertising, these things suck.
on June 26, 2015
great if you do not need the hard arch support of other Dr. Scholl's gel products. This one is the only one which does not have hard ridged arch supports which are uncomfortable if you don't need them.
on March 1, 2016
I work in a medical laboratory and stand for pretty much all of my 8+ hour shift. I have these in my shoes and yes they make a big difference. No foot aches or pain, also no lower back pain from standing. I have used these for years
on June 25, 2013
Size 10E shoes, flat footed Male age 78. Every pair of my shoes have these insoles and I replace them about once a year. I get sore feet and legs if I don't wear shoes. As soon as I get dressed each day I put on a pair of very good Rugged Shark boat shoes with laces and Dr. Scholl's insoles, these are dedicated 'house' shoes I wear at home or when visiting other peoples homes. All my dress, running shoes & hiking boots have these insoles. I walk 3 miles every morning and work around my place and maintain and enjoy my 35' diesel cruiser, fishing, crabbing & prawning.