Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Dr. Scholl's Massaging Gel Sport Insoles, Men's Size 8-13, 1-Pair Packages (Pack of 2)
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Size: Pack of 2|Style Name: Men|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 30, 2010
I wear these in a pair of Keen shoes around the house & in my running shoes. I have pain in the ball of my foot so have been looking for an insert that has extra padding in that area. You can't see it because the packaging covers it but these insoles have a gel zone for the ball of the foot. They have really made a difference and are helping to heal this pain. I tried other insoles but there was never enough padding in that area. I even bought the little gel foot ball pads & stuck them to the bottom of other insoles. That works but the pads can move around & it's just not a good fix. These insoles stay in place.

These insoles have the added benefit of hard/flexible structure for heel and arch support.

They wear very well and I even throw them in the washing machine & hang dry. They are easy to cut to size. On the bottom of the insoles are lines for different shoe size. You simply take scissors and cut along the line. The fabric lining does not fray on the cut edges.
0Comment|179 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 14, 2011
Some background information:
* I am little bit over weight.
* I hurt (not injury) my knee previously when I played sports.
* I take public transit to work, so some walking is required daily.
* I do some light exercises every weekday.

Therefore, I am looking a set of good shoe insoles to provide comfort and supports I need. In general, I found the Gel ones work much better than the memory foam ones.
In the past 3 months, I tested the following using the same pair of shoes (New Balance running shoes):

* Airplus Ultra Work Insole, Men's, 6-Ounce (bought from Amazon)
* Airplus Airr Sport (bought in a local store)
* Profoot Ultra Gel Energizing Insoles (bought from Amazon)
* Dr. Scholl's Massaging Gel Sport Insoles (bought from Amazon)
* Dr. Scholl's Massaging Gel Work Insoles (Warlmart)

Here is my rating for these insoles (only to those bought from Amazon):
5 points: Airplus Ultra Work Insole, Men's, 6-Ounce
4 points: Dr. Scholl's Massaging Gel Sport Insoles
3 points: Profoot Ultra Gel Energizing Insoles

The main differences between Airplus Ultra Work Insole and Dr. Scholl's Massaging Gel Sport Insoles:
* They both appear very nice and supportive in the first 3 days of use.
* However, after 3 days, I found the Dr. Scholl's hard plastic support design is not as comfortable as the Airplus Ultra Work.
* I also found the gel in Airplus Ultra Work lasts longer. The manufacture claims to replace it every 6 months, but I normally replace them much sooner.

Please note that my rating is very subjective. One of my friends is perfectly happy about his Dr. Scholl's Massaging Gel Sport Insoles.

Cheers.
33 comments|71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 8, 2010
When I first wore these for running, it really felt like nothing. I didn't ever notice them or feel like they made a difference. The difference I did notice though was when I ran longer distances. My feet used to be a little sore after longer distances, but after running a mini-marathon my feet felt great. Would recommend for those who like running
on September 13, 2009
I rated these insoles 5 stars because they're great for athletes. They provide support and comfort when I've had to either stand or walk for a long period of time. They are also great insoles when lifting weights, especially when performing lunges and squats. If you regularly lift heavy weights, try these insoles. They greatly reduce any discomfort you feel in your feet when performing squats or lunges with heavy weights. I have not had any more problems with pain in my arches or heels after using these insoles during running or weight training.

The secret is, when trimming these insoles you have to trim them so that they are about a half size larger than your shoe size. That way the insoles will sort of cup at the heel and toe. Think of it as the insole slightly bunching and hugging the walls of the interior of your shoe. This will prevent the insole from shifting or sliding during walking or running. I also want to add that these insoles are especially great for guys who wear wide shoes. I wear 3EE to 4EE width shoes and they fit perfectly. Put these insoles in every pair of shoes or boots you wear, and you won't regret it. Thanks to Dr. Scholl's for making a great product and amazon for their great prices.
22 comments|48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 24, 2013
I can see why this product gets rates so well. It appears to be constructed well with the right amount of support and cushion. My trouble is I am a female and in a women's size 7 shoe. Although you can trim the liner to your appropriate size, the arch on this does not hit me in the correct spot. The product is useless to me. I wish they made them with a smaller size range so that this wouldn't be an issue. My husband absolutely loves these sport liners however his foot is at the high end of the range so he doesn't even trim his and the arch fits him. Disappointed.
on May 31, 2010
I have mixed feelings about the Dr. Scholl's Sport Insoles.

I like the cushioning on the heel and I recently spent all day walking and my feet never got tired.

On the other hand, they have a hard plastic arch support that hurt my feet if I use them in my running shoes. My running shoes already have arch support, so I don't need more in my insoles and it is not removable.

If you are looking for insoles for running, you might want to try a different product.
on January 13, 2009
I got these for my soccer cleats and they have helped alot. Soccer cleats have virtually no insole to begin with so this a great improvement. I wouldn't use them with running shoes. They are not thick enough to give you that kind of support.
on August 13, 2011
I have one pair of these. I'm not impressed. They are kind of flimsy - not much support or cushioning. I walk a lot and I need a good insole to combat the combined effects of age, chronic muscle fatigue and fibromyalgia. Also, my floors are cold and I need the extra insulation in the winter to keep my feet from going cold & numb.

I much prefer the Massaging Gel Work Insoles Dr. Scholl's Massaging Gel Insoles, Men's 8-13, 1 pair (Pack of 2). Those are much more substantial. I have purchased a pair of Work Gel Insoles for every pair of boots, shoes, and slippers I own - even my sandals! They make a world of difference, like walking on a cloud!

The only problem is... they're only sold in MEN'S sizes! I'm 5'7" and wear a women's size 9-1/2 to 10 shoe, so I can cut them to size and use them.... but really, Dr Scholl's, women don't "work"? How about offering your MG Work insoles in women's sizes so I can buy them for my hard-working sister who wears a size 6!
66 comments|59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 10, 2012
I am a very active person, who suffers from achy feet on a regular basis. So I was thrilled to be selected to take part in a campaign to try Dr.Scholl's massaging gel inserts. I received my complimentary sample, and popped them into my favorite shoes immediately.
The next day, there was no noticeable difference. After a long day, my feet were just as achy as they always had been. Two weeks later? The only noticeable difference was I kept feeling the insoles slip and slide under my feet. I did not, contrary to the claim, feel "energized". My feet did not feel "massaged". In fact, I didn't even notice a difference between wearing the insoles and not wearing them. I was very disappointed.

A month into the campaign, and I've taken them out. Maybe I'll try them again at a later date and in a different pair of shoes and hope for a noticeable change then.

My final thoughts on Dr.Scholl's massaging gel inserts:
NEGATIVE POINTS:
- They did not seem to stay in place, even though they were trimmed to fit my shoes perfectly. They seemed to "bunch up" under my feet.
- They did not seem to live up to the claim made by Dr.Scholl's

POSITIVE POINTS:
+ They were easy to slip into my shoes

*Disclaimer: I received a full sized sample of Dr.Scholl's massaging gel inserts in exchange for my review. This does not reflect on my review. The opinions in this post are my own.
on April 13, 2012
I am an avid power walker/jogger. Most of the pressure I put on my feet is in the ball of my foot. So I tend to rub through soles very quickly. These are by far the most comfortable soles I have owned. I was leery at first about whether or not the comfort in the pad would cause too much padding. But I was pleasantly surprised. These soles give me the needed support for the ball of my foot that I need. In addition, these soles have excellent heel and arch support. They are not too bulky and fit snugly into my shoes.

For those who aren't exercising and are just walking around for work or around the house, I would still recommend these. I went from having a ton of pain in my feet, ankles, and calves, to none at all. I love these!

These are super easy to insert and there is an easy guide on where to cut them on the underside of each sole.

I Highly recommend them!