4.0 out of 5 stars Good (not bad) shoes insoles
Some background information:
* I am little bit over weight.
* I hurt (not injury) my knee previously when I played sports.
* I take public transit to work, so some walking is required daily.
* I do some light exercises every weekday.

Published on December 14, 2011 by Love to order from Amazon

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for Walking but not for Running
I have mixed feelings about the Dr. Scholl's Sport Insoles.

I like the cushioning on the heel and I recently spent all day walking and my feet never got tired.

Published on May 31, 2010 by Brent Trafton

4.0 out of 5 stars Good (not bad) shoes insoles, December 14, 2011
This review is from: Dr. Scholl's Massaging Gel Sport Insoles, Men's Size 8-13, 1-Pair Packages (Pack of 2) (Health and Beauty)
Some background information:
* I am little bit over weight.
* I hurt (not injury) my knee previously when I played sports.
* I take public transit to work, so some walking is required daily.
* I do some light exercises every weekday.

Therefore, I am looking a set of good shoe insoles to provide comfort and supports I need. In general, I found the Gel ones work much better than the memory foam ones.
In the past 3 months, I tested the following using the same pair of shoes (New Balance running shoes):

* Airplus Ultra Work Insole, Men's, 6-Ounce (bought from Amazon)
* Airplus Airr Sport (bought in a local store)
* Profoot Ultra Gel Energizing Insoles (bought from Amazon)
* Dr. Scholl's Massaging Gel Sport Insoles (bought from Amazon)
* Dr. Scholl's Massaging Gel Work Insoles (Warlmart)

Here is my rating for these insoles (only to those bought from Amazon):
5 points: Airplus Ultra Work Insole, Men's, 6-Ounce
4 points: Dr. Scholl's Massaging Gel Sport Insoles
3 points: Profoot Ultra Gel Energizing Insoles

The main differences between Airplus Ultra Work Insole and Dr. Scholl's Massaging Gel Sport Insoles:
* They both appear very nice and supportive in the first 3 days of use.
* However, after 3 days, I found the Dr. Scholl's hard plastic support design is not as comfortable as the Airplus Ultra Work.
* I also found the gel in Airplus Ultra Work lasts longer. The manufacture claims to replace it every 6 months, but I normally replace them much sooner.

Please note that my rating is very subjective. One of my friends is perfectly happy about his Dr. Scholl's Massaging Gel Sport Insoles.

Cheers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great insoles for weight training and running, September 13, 2009
I rated these insoles 5 stars because they're great for athletes. They provide support and comfort when I've had to either stand or walk for a long period of time. They are also great insoles when lifting weights, especially when performing lunges and squats. If you regularly lift heavy weights, try these insoles. They greatly reduce any discomfort you feel in your feet when performing squats or lunges with heavy weights. I have not had any more problems with pain in my arches or heels after using these insoles during running or weight training.

The secret is, when trimming these insoles you have to trim them so that they are about a half size larger than your shoe size. That way the insoles will sort of cup at the heel and toe. Think of it as the insole slightly bunching and hugging the walls of the interior of your shoe. This will prevent the insole from shifting or sliding during walking or running. I also want to add that these insoles are especially great for guys who wear wide shoes. I wear 3EE to 4EE width shoes and they fit perfectly. Put these insoles in every pair of shoes or boots you wear, and you won't regret it. Thanks to Dr. Scholl's for making a great product and amazon for their great prices.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice for soccer cleats, January 13, 2009
xelaju (Jacksonville, Fl USA) - See all my reviews
I got these for my soccer cleats and they have helped alot. Soccer cleats have virtually no insole to begin with so this a great improvement. I wouldn't use them with running shoes. They are not thick enough to give you that kind of support.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for Walking but not for Running, May 31, 2010
I have mixed feelings about the Dr. Scholl's Sport Insoles.

On the other hand, they have a hard plastic arch support that hurt my feet if I use them in my running shoes. My running shoes already have arch support, so I don't need more in my insoles and it is not removable.

If you are looking for insoles for running, you might want to try a different product.

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST HAVE!!!!!!!!, May 23, 2012
If you've suffered from knee, and or hip pain, after playing basketball... these are A MUST BUY!!!! At age 50, I have a very badly worn down knee and would need 2-3 days to recouperate. Last week I played 3 DAYS IN A ROW! Don't think about it, just order them. In fact, I'd pay $100 a pair if I had too!! - Jim Lucido

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and fixed my problems immediately, December 25, 2009
I have an arch in my foot, which is very common, but most of the dress shoes that are out in the market do not have any real support for that area. They must expect men to have flat feet, I guess. I was having problems with shoes I bought about two months prior, since the padding was wearing out and I had the arch problems. Once I slipped these in, whoo, I felt so much better.

The gel padding is in good areas for me, and the arch support really covered most of the problems. I work in a retail store as a Truck Unloader, backstocker, as well as cashiering, so I am always on my feet. I needed something that would be comfy as well as fix my problems, which this did. Thanks Dr. Scholl's as well as Amazon for the great price.

5.0 out of 5 stars These are great., January 24, 2014
I cannot bend my ankle very much, and thus slam the ball of my foot down. I get a lot of pain in that area and was looking for an insole to help. I tried the $400 custom made stuff, then found these. Wore them on an 1,800 mile hike and my feet had never felt better. They actually last a long time, too.

1.0 out of 5 stars Too much arch support, February 9, 2012
I have had great satisfaction with other Dr. Scholl's insoles in the past, however, the arch support on this particular product is a hard plastic insert that cannot be adjusted. If one happens to be lucky enough to have a foot that exactly matches the contours of the insert, these would probably be great. If, as in my case (6'2", 175#, size 10 1/2 shoe) the insert is about 1/4 of an inch off, and the insoles are worse than useless. I suggest going with any other gel insole, as long as it does not have the support insert.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them, May 13, 2011
I've been using these insoles for years, ever since I got Plantar Fasciitis from wearing shoes with poor arch supports. These are terrific. They have great arch support and pad well in the heal and throughout and I've never had a problem since. I put them in all my shoes, including my running shoes and they work very well and last as long as the shoes. And I have 2E wide feet, yet they fit fine.

This is two pair that costs just a little more than one pair locally. At the time I am writing this, they also have free shipping, even if you just order this (which totals less than $25).

This is a great product at a great price.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Satisfied, April 2, 2012
I've tried dozens of brands/styles of insoles in both my athletic and work shoes and have had varying succes - either with the $6 model all the way to the $25 models. I recently bought the Dr. Scholls Messaging Gel Insoles and I can tell you honestly I am not happy with them. For one reason, they do not sit still in your shoe - they are constantly shifting under your feet which gives a very unpleasant sensation while walking. Second, they squeak. I've had several different kind of "gel" inserts and none of them have ever made any noise. However, the Messaging Gels have an audible squeaky noise when you are walking. Not all the time, but often enough to be annoying. Finally, they made my feet sweat. Again, I've tried several different types of "gel" inserts, and this is the first ones I've had that caused my feet to sweat.

So upshot is they were soft and comfortable, but the three above reasons were enough of an issue that I returned them to Dr. Scholls for a refund.