Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

on February 10, 2012
A good collection of Dr. Seuss storybook apps grouped under a single title.

The cost of the 5 story apps purchased individually would be $14.95 at their regular price, so you do save a few bucks.

On 2/10/2012, Oceanhouse Media discounted all of their Dr. Seuss storybook apps, so the same titles in this grouping can be purchased for $1.99 apiece or $9.95 for the five, which is an even better deal but also offers the ability to mix and match from their entire selection.

No disrespect to the first reviewer, but storybook apps offer kids plenty that library books can't, and for a great price comparatively, especially when considering the cost of paper books or the gas used to drive back and forth to the library.

In terms of interactivity, fun animation, and sheer entertainment, storybook apps are hard to beat. In addition, the educational value of being able to see, hear, and selectively repeat words or paragraphs with a touch cannot be understated for little readers. Storybook apps like these are a definite winner!
on July 18, 2012
my greatest complaint is the speed, it is a very slow app. the pages take a while to load with the words. its just a few second delay but it is annoying because thats just the way it is, it isn't a connectivity issue. It is a cost effective way to have Dr Suess on the fire since the books aren't available. be warned tho- this is not indexed! if you exit out you have to swipe until you get to your last page and as I have said this will take a while.
on July 11, 2012
My kids love the Dr. Seuss book collection. I am considering getting another collection for them. The big negative is the price, at $12. But compared to the physical books, it's not bad. I recommend this for children 2-5, maybe even older.
on February 14, 2012
Having the option of narration or no narration is great. My son enjoys reading the books and being able to touch a word he doesn't know and learn on his own builds his confidence.
on February 11, 2013
You can not go wrong with Dr. Seuss books for beginner readers. The app works really well and is easy to navigate for kids who can't read or are just beginning. Some app's have to much reading for beginning readers to just navigate through the app but this one is very self explanatory. :)
on July 14, 2012
I'm a first grade teacher as well as a mom to a 10y and four year old. I started my 10year old with the collection years ago and now I just purchased this app for my daughter. She's a beginner reader and what better set of books to start her on her journey. My theme for the beginning of the school year is Dr Seuss and the kids love it. Great app!!!!!!!!
on March 14, 2015
My 2 year old nice loves this. I wish I could upload on my tablet as it would make easier for her to read.dont like to see her squint and focus as much as she does, I might have to uninstall just for that.
on October 4, 2013
These are awesome because if you pick the 'Read it Myself' option the kids can read the parts that are easy enough for them and tap the words they don't know. Keeps things moving along with a minimum of frustration, and lets them feel independent.
on November 24, 2012
My son loves reading them before going to bed. the best part is that he can pick from it reading to him or him reading it on his own
on February 25, 2012
The cost of this one app is cheaper than buying 2 books at the store. Plus to have the option for narration is great!