Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 10, 1997
When I walked into my city's public library, I was looking for an interesting novel that I could read for pleasure. I love anything dealing with vampires, the supernatural, science fiction, and romance. I came across "Dracula Unbound, and was attracted to the beautiful cover, with the large skull, including the little picture of the sunset in the right, hollow eye socket of the cranium. I started reading, and I decided I wasn't going to read anymmore, because the situation in the beginning was too confusing, so it collected dust for several months. I was too lazy to return it to the library, so I broke down and read it. I was still confused, but I kept reading, and I was thrilled! It had mystery, suspense, laughter, and even a partial love scene. I cried, laughed, and was even on the edge of my seat as some say when they see or hear something riveting. I was taken through diffrent places and times, and had the honor and pleasure of meeting Bram Stoker, the master of gothic lore. I was introduced to complex and intriguing confrontations, with nemesis and people of good will. I would recommend this book to everybody and anyone who likes to guess what's going to happen next-that's exactly what I was doing in this marvelous novel. Brian W. Aldiss is a very creative, and knows his stuff. Anyone who can write something to the point that I'm literally in a dreamy state, is someone I consider to be a darn good writer. I was lost to all time and reality while reading this book, and sometimes I would lay on my soft bed, and catch myself reading for what would be hours. I haven't come across any novels lately that's more contemplating this.
VINE VOICEon October 20, 2002
I read any books about vampires, and Dracula in particular. When I picked this I had no idea that it was a gothic Sci Fi book....Dracula has a time machine and knows how to use it. Some of the tale seems a stretch even for Sci Fi. But I enjoyed that Bram Stoker is in this book, a nice tribute. Good thing about the book, once you get pass the begining, the book picks up and is a fun read.
on September 20, 2006
Spoilers:

There is so much wrong with this book that I couldn't even begin suspending disbelief. Vampires are an ancient species of shapechanging parasites who coexisted with dinosaurs. Time travel can occur on a ghost train and that train can be hijacked by humans who just barely learned of its existence. Hudson Bay was created by a powerful nuclear weapon from the future transported to the distant past in order to annihilate the vampire species . . . bleh!
on August 27, 2001
Dracula Unbound can be summed up like so: What if Dracula had a time machine? This book has some chilling answers to that question. Not just another vampire novel, this story takes you on a frightening time ride where you realize that what could be a dangerous thing in mortal hands is a devastating weapon coupled with the immortal wisdom of Dracula. Too much fun to pass by, so give it a try!
on September 3, 2007
Time travelling count vs literary creator and friend.

If this book had been written by Tomb of Dracula's Marv Wolfman, it might actually have been ok. Or even if it was a Stan Lee Fantastic Four tale and Dracula was Dr Doom.

It wasn't, and it isn't. Frankenstein Unbound is certainly far superior, and there is too much silliness with ghost trains and the like in this book as Stoker and the guy from the earlier novel team up to stop Drac and his dastardly undead doings.