Dragon Age or Final Fantasy

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 20, 2010 6:55:17 AM PDT
C. Mayer says:
Which one would you prefer getting?

Posted on Mar 21, 2010 1:44:16 PM PDT
I have both. They're both really great games, but they are completely different from each other.

Dragon Age has a very Lord of the Rings feel to it. It's a really long game. The battle system reminds me of Final Fantasy 12 a little. It's real time battles, but they have a very turn based feel to them. It's also not the greatest looking game, and the menus are a little clunky.

Final Fantasy 13 has a very sci-fi feel to it. It's also a pretty long game, but it's very linear. You pretty much move forward through the game, with no freedom to explore. The game does open up more towards the end. The battle system is really fast paced, but there is still strategic elements to it. Also the menues are really sleek and intuitive.

Posted on Dec 8, 2010 8:15:10 PM PST
Ruben M. says:
I'd like to ask a follow-up question. I just bought Dragon Age but now I'm not sure it's the right game for me. I like action RPG's such as GOW III or Castlevania and on the other hand hated FF XIII (don't want to hurt any feelings, just not my kind of game), could anyone tell me which kind of game is Dragon Age closer (GOW III/Castlevania or FFXIII)?
Thanks in advanced for any help!!!

Posted on Jan 25, 2011 8:55:24 AM PST
Mrs. User says:
Dragon Age is closer in play style to Final Fantasy, in that it's an RPG, you have to utilize the menus and at least minimum strategy/tactics for your party in order to finish the entire game without killing yourself or destroying your console in frustration. :) Castlevania and GOW are more action-adventure with a few menu elements thrown in to give the gameplay a deeper element.

Posted on Jan 25, 2011 10:53:04 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 25, 2011 10:53:30 AM PST
Subject7 says:
Even though I prefer Final Fantasy's scifi setting a lot more than the medieval setting of Dragon Age, DA's characters are much more likable. I also love being able to move during combat.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Mar 20, 2010
Latest post:  Jan 25, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Dragon Age: Origins - Playstation 3
Dragon Age: Origins - Playstation 3 by Electronic Arts (PlayStation 3)
4.1 out of 5 stars   (217)