Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

Platform: PlayStation 3Change
Price:$35.92+ $3.98 shipping

on May 21, 2013
I'd been itching to buy a DBZ game recently, as I'm a huge fan of the show, and I hadn't gotten to play a DBZ game since Budokai: Tenkaichi 3 a few years back, so I thought I'd get one of the more recent titles to see how things have progressed. On the recommendation of some people, I got Raging Blast 2, and I'm quite glad I made the purchase!

Admittedly, the story mode is nonexistent in this game (anyone looking for an actual story mode will have to look elsewhere, as it's replaced with "Galaxy Mode" and a few others, none of which are a true story mode), but the modes presented still provide hours and hours of fun for me. The Galaxy Mode provides quite a few challenges as you go through each character's "Galaxy" and complete different fights (and yes, they do have you doing memorable fights from the show, even if it's not presented within a story context), and I had a lot of fun with this, despite a few moments where the difficulty took a bit of a spike (mainly due to some of the fight stipulations that are in place for some of the harder levels).

It's fun even to just turn on the game and participate in a World Tournament or a simple one-on-one battle, due to the number of different characters, each with their own moves. I do wish they still boasted the roster size from some earlier DBZ games (I remember at least one of the BT series having characters from Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, AND Dragon Ball GT, not to mention giant characters like Harudagarn (sp?), Janemba's first form, and the litany of Saiyan Great Ape forms), but the roster presented here is still deep enough for some variety, as most of my favorites are there, along with a few others (having a Super Saiyan 3 form for both Vegeta and Broly was surprising, and obviously non-canon, if you're a stickler for that, but still interesting additions to the roster).

As for the shipping/handling part of the purchase, I have nothing but good things to say about this seller -- I was worried that it might take the entirety of the estimated shipping period since it was coming all the way from Texas, but I was pleasantly surprised. Not only did the game ship within that time, it came MUCH earlier than expected. It was here within just a couple of business days (two or three, I believe) from when I actually placed the order, well-packed, and in great condition despite me buying it used! I'll most likely seek out video game purchases from the same seller in the future, if they always handle their shipping this well.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoy playing this game, despite the lack of a true "story mode", and the seller did an excellent job of getting it in my hands as soon as possible -- a great buy!
on August 23, 2013
This game contains all the dragon ball characters. Almost 100. You must to now that this game doesn't have story mode. But although it's a great ps3 action game. I have a lot of fun playing it. Definitely I recommended!
on July 5, 2013
I love the dragonball Z franchise and have bought a ton of games over the years, i was really excited when burst limit came out because it was going to show what the power of the new systems could bring to a dbz game, however burst limit sucked in my opinion, it tried to play like the budikais as apposed to the tenkaichis but failed. Raging blast 2 however actually makes a really good game with a bunch of characters and amazing graphics. It plays slightly more like the tenkaichis but actually dose it well.
on April 29, 2013
If you love DBZ, you'll love this game! They've included a ton of characters, and a new movie in japanese but with english subtitles. "The Plot to Eliminate the Super Saiyans!" is an interesting special feature in and of itself, but it's only a small part of this great game! If RB2 had the create a fighter feature that Ultimate Tenkaichi does, I would've easily given this one 5 stars too!
on August 25, 2015
Do not look to websites like IGN for DBZ game reviews, because they're the reason why many people (myself included) stayed away from this game. It's always important to look at reviews FROM THE *UNBIASED* FANS OF THE FRANCHISE who actually know how to review. Raging Blast 2 is definitely a step up from the first game, many problems were fixed that were present in the first game aswell (though no story mode, but lets be real, do you really want to play through the story the 100th time?) If you are a fan of DBZ, i recommend this game to you. You won't regret it!
on August 15, 2012
Well its another DBZ game, and if you are looking for a solid fighting game this isn't it, if you are looking for a decent dragonballz fighting game this may be your game. The main complaint i have about this game would be like what everyone else said - no story mode - galaxy mode is just random battles that you use to unlock stuff for your characters and there's a galaxy mode for almost every character i think - so its alot of random battles.

The fighting to me is very entertaining with the sounds and the visual effects. i have no issues with it playing against the cpu or against somebody else. The finishers and ki blasts are sufficient but to me the combos are limited. I've only played about an hour or so but i think i've pretty much seen all the moves Vegeta, Goku and Broly have to offer.

What i would have liked to see would be the inclusion of GT characters and transformations to level 4 but really its not a big minus i knew about it before i bought the game. Also the differences in appearance between transformations well at least with vegeta and goku aren't all that different. between super saiyan vegeta and super vegeta you don't see him bulking up as much as you would think and then the transformation to super saiyan 2 doesn't look all that different either, you see a difference when powering up however as the aura around your character is bigger and brighter with electricity or so. Powering up does take a while though. You would think that maybe at higher levels it would be quicker to power up or so but not so. And from what i've seen when you transform your attacks become stronger such as Final Flash at Level 2 as compared to final flash at super vegeta level.

All in all i'm not disappointed because let's be honest here - this is a fighting game for DBZ. Fans will appreciate it but newcomers might not. If you are interested in a nice dbz game with lots of characters with a few shortcomings with transformations or a maybe a too few combos this game is for you. Like i said before i think true DBZ fans will appreciate it - i know i do.

Also included are a couple videos such as Plan to eradictae the saiyans and a couple others. Haven't unlocked them as yet but its good to add to your dbz collection.
on May 18, 2013
I would say, if you're 1st jumping from Raging Blast to this one. This game will irritate you a bit due to some of the gameplay changes. I thought from going from Raging Blast, "This game will be something to add on to my DBZ collection, nothing special"
I know my DBZ though, so if people say this game isn't better than the past ones. I gotta say, I've loved DBZ games since I was a kid. Yet in my own opinion this one takes the spot.

This may not have a story, that's why we have every other DBZ game. So they've replaced it with Galaxy Mode. In my opinion, I don't really favor this over a story mode considering the huge amount of changes from it's prequel. They really wasted that.

Another mode is Battle Zones where there are (I think) about 9 zones. Each battle will give you a handicap (Ex.Rush attack Down) and you try to get through each one.It's really fun & it helps you get better because as the # of zones increases so does the difficulty, that's where the handicaps get really challenging. After you successfully complete a Zone you are awarded with a title relate to the character of which you chose, (Ex. Goku - Earth Raised Saiyan) They graphics are great too! They have really improved.

The gameplay I've got to say makes up for any flaws in the game. It's done so right, you really easy chaining moves together. Even a beginner can get the moves done given the time. If you worry about, "It doesn't take much skill to do the combos", actually it does. Online people really know how to do a long combo. You can get out of it if you time correctly. Everything else is similar to Raging Blast or any other DBZ game, or you'll just have to see for yourself!

This game is a must buy for DBZ fans. If you're a fighting game fan, this game is worth checking out. Dragon Ball Z games, in my opinion, is the best 3D fighter you can play.
on February 1, 2014
I was a late comer to the Tenkaichi/Sparking style DBZ games, but upon playing Tenkaichi 2 and 3 I fell in love with them. When Raging Blast came to the PS3, I was overjoyed. While this joy was tempered by the loss of the giant characters and redacted character roster, I felt it was a vast improvement on over all gameplay. Raging Blast 2 was another giant step forward on this, making the gameplay even more deep and interesting and vastly increasing the number of playable and new characters. All this made me hyper excited for Ultimate Tenkaichi, but when I discovered that the deep gameplay and free roaming combat had been abandoned for rock/paper/scissors QTE's, I quickly lost interest. I played Ultimate Tenkaichi until I unlocked everything and returned it when I realized that the game wasn't becoming any more fun. I returned to RB2 and actually discovered MORE aspects of the fighting that had eluded me before, prolonging the replay value of the game. Recently I got Battle of Z, but while it's better than UT I don't think it holds a candle to RB2.
Seriously, gameplay wise this is easily my favorite of the DBZ fighters I've played, and I've had my hands on pretty much every one since the old ones on the NES. If it had the giant characters from Tenkaichi 3 and some of the bells and whistles from RB1 (Story Mode, Arcade Mode, model viewer) it would be the last DBZ game anyone (or at least I) would ever need. Now that we've got new characters from that Battle of the Gods movie, I find myself wishing Spike would make a Super Saiyan God Goku, Bills (or Birus) and Whis and making them DLC characters. But what's that saying about "if wishes were fishes"... ?
on November 26, 2015
If you're not a hardcore fan, or if you don't have friends to play with then DO NOT buy this game. One of my friends was just getting into DBZ and I recommended that he gets this game so he can play with me and he was disappointed. This game is made strictly for fans of the series it will NOT attract newcomers. And by the way, I am a hardcore fan, but eventually the game got extremely boring considering there are barley any modes. Personally, I think Raging Blast 1 is much better than this. The gameplay is faster, and there are plenty of modes there unlike Raging Blast 2. This game does NOT even have a story mode. Also the AI is so pathetic even at hard difficulty you can win pretty easily. Galaxy mode can be challenging sometimes and I wouldn't mind having a mode like this in the game if it WAS NOT the main mode in the game. The only thing this game beats Raging Blast 1 with is the number of characters (it's just a little bit higher), and it has maybe 3 extra stages. Other than that, Raging Blast 1 beats this game in every single way.
on January 3, 2014
This game requires skill and a knowledge of how to combo but once you've got it it's really one of the best 1 on 1 fighting games I've seen