Questions & Answers
Dragon NaturallySpeaking Home 12.0, English (Old Version)
by Nuance Communications
3.7 out of 5 stars (1,493)
$32.59
Add to cart
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 752 questions
votes
Yes, you can dictate a book to Dragon! That is my reason for using it. When you first start, it goes through some exercises so that the software recognizes your style of conversation and any accent you have. That makes it very intuitive when you start talking and dictating. It does perform punctuation and grammar when you instruct it. So if you haven't done that before, you will need to get used to that. You will say things like ... Quote, comma, period, end quote. But another user mentioned that it doen't help with that, and I believe he or she means that if you don't know correct punctuation or grammar, it won't edit for you. Also, you can train it to know how to spell things like names that are different. On my iPad, I can't get it to ever spell my name right, but Dragon will learn and then do it correctly from that point on. You can even learn instructions for going back a few words and tell it to capitalize or delete or add something. It does take time to learn these things, but it is well worth the investment, especially if you don't type fast or need to stand. I think a person could also purchase a Bluetooth if they wanted to be doing something at the same time! But I haven't tried that yet. Best wishes to you as you write your book!
Feb 3, 2013 by Laurie Roiger
votes
Yes Dragon NaturallySpeaking v 12 will work with Windows 8, no previous versions of Dragon will work with Windows 8. http://www.nuance.com/ucmprod/groups/corporate/@web-enus/documents/collateral/nc_026405.pdf
Jan 21, 2013 by Amazon User
votes
The first answer is wrong. I actually believe that the Mac version will do that (being on line), but the Windows version as long as it is running, it only checks to see if there is an upgrade, and that's it. And if there is no internet connection, it runs anyway. You can install and activate the program five times. Although it is only licensed for one user.
Jan 4, 2014 by W. Jalanugraha
vote
It won't Don, the Mac versions "Dragon Dictate" & "MacSpeech" are what you would need and they cost considerably more than the PC Dragon Home. $150.00 to $200.00 new. Maybe you may find a deal on a used version for Mac at Amazon. I bought mine used for about half the price of the new software simply because the box seal was broken. I sure am happy with my Dragon though. Once you get used to it you sure save a lot of time.
Jun 24, 2014 by Lyle Braaten
vote
Windows2010 Nov 25, 2013
Your question is unclear. Are you asking about MS Office 2010 or Windows Server 2010? It should work with Word 2010 but since I use Word 2007 I cannot verify that. If you're asking about the Windows Server 2010 the answer is no; Dragon 12 works with server 2008 but no indication it works with 2010 or 2013.
Nov 25, 2013 by Allen Benton
votes
Have you tried copying the entire contents of the disc to a USB flash drive and installing to your computer from the flash drive?
Nov 25, 2012 by bjc5599
votes
windows 8 compatible Nov 13, 2012
Yes it is. Just make sure you have updated to the latest version of Naturally Speaking.
Nov 13, 2012 by Mark B
votes
When you make your profile, the program lets you select your accent from a list. Also, the program constantly learns from and adapts to your particular way of speaking. It should definately be able to adapt to your husband's accent and it will get better and better the more he uses it.
Nov 25, 2013 by Jesse
votes
yes there are no restrictions on number of users
Oct 8, 2013 by john m.
votes
Nuance says (http://www.nuance.com/for-individuals/by-product/dragon-for-pc/home-version/index.htm) "We recommend 2 GB for 32-bit Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows Server 2008, 4 GB for 64-bit Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2008, and Windows Server 2012. (Minimum: 1 GB for Windows XP and Windows Vista, 2 GB for Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2008, and Windows Server 2012)." I would assume that means all versions of windows including Windows 8.1
Mar 29, 2014 by Alan A. Jorgensen
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   ...   76   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers