5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite Dragonquest game
STORY: 5 of 5
A very good story. The part where the hero and Bianca go to the haunted castle is my favorite scene of all the Dragonquest games. Getting married was also interesting.

CHARACTERS: 4 of 5
Bianca is one of my most favorite characters of all the DQ series. However, I can't say the same about the others. Not only were the other human...
Published on August 1, 2011 by squirrel

3.0 out of 5 stars There is A LOT of grinding in this game
I chose this game because I'ma fan of the Dragon Quest series. I enjoy seeing monsters and hearing sound effects I remember from being a kid. The storyline of this game delivers as well. It carries you a long with a fair balance between playing time and passive story watching.

The thing that keeps this game from being really great is the grinding. I didn't...
Published 17 months ago by Katt

‹ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars great game, March 18, 2013
This review is from: Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride - Nintendo DS (Video Game)
haven't had a chance to play it yet but played the others and know what journey lies ahead and am looking forward to it

4.0 out of 5 stars Good overall game., March 8, 2013
I love the series and am happy I finally got to play 5. Unlike the others in the series, you have to recruit monsters. It was more hassle than help.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very solid HRPG., February 25, 2013
This is a very solid, classic JRPG. The story is simple, but stays interesting the entire time by letting you control an entire generation of heroes through the family's lifetime. You can capture monsters and use them in battle, play mini games, explore a huge world map, and much more. This is considered one of the best Dragon Quest games for good reason.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good game, January 31, 2013
great game,the story line is good, not too hard but hard enough to keep you playing long into the night

5.0 out of 5 stars rare, January 17, 2013
this a rare game of the dragon quest series not sold in any video game store around me took me months to find another copy so if your a fan of the dragon quest series i highly suggest you hold on to this one is the rarest of them all

5.0 out of 5 stars King of all Dragon Quests?, January 4, 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
For the casual RPG fan, it's a very easy game to pick up and play. I think if the average RPG gamer were forced to play, they would find it intriguing enough to continue playing to the end.

I've played all the Dragon Quest/Dragon Warrior games from Part 1 to Part 9. As Dragon Quest games go, I'd put this somewhere in my top 3. This was one game where I was constantly playing and pushing to see what happens. The pace is just better.

The plot is definitely one of the more involving. There aren't many games where you end up having your own children that grow up to fight alongside you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rarity Becomes Better Later, December 5, 2012
Originally released for the Super Famicom in Japan exclusively, it would spark a fanbase worldwide. The DS version does get some added features like multiplayer trading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Video Game, September 17, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I purchased this game, because I am a big fan of the game series starting with Dragon Warrior. As game consoles advanced in processing the on screen imagery has increased too. I enjoy the game play of this series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a good game!, August 25, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This game has a great plot line not to mention great reviews so if you like turn based games this is something I would say you need to get! It shipped quick and came in perfect condition!

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful game, April 14, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I love the game because it is simple, and that is the beauty of it.
The story isn't overdramatic, but it manages to evoke strong emotions in the player.
The music is great too - so far this has the best soundtrack of the DQ games I have played (DQ:joker, DQ: rocket Slime, DQVIII, DQIV).
And I also love the ability to recruit monsters to help you fight battles.

‹ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 | Next ›