Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation is a single player turn-based Role-Playing Game (RPG) for play on Nintendo DS and DSi. The final release in a trilogy of Dragon Quest games originally developed for console play and later remade for the Nintendo DS, Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation allows players to assemble their own party of comrades, assume different character classes and develop their abilities in combat, abilities with magic and with items found throughout the game's different explorable worlds. Additional features include: improved graphics, mini-game play options and more.
Traditional RPG Adventure Spanning 3 Worlds
15 years after its initial console release in Japan, the final chapter in the popular Dragon Quest Zenithia saga and sequel to Dragon Quest IV and Dragon Quest V is remade for DS players in North America in Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation. In this epic journey the Real world, the Dream world and the mysterious Dread Realm are yours to explore as you and your allies regain your lost memories, realize your physical and magical powers and abilities and use them to confront the many problems caused by the evil Murdaw, in an attempt to save your world.
Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation like other releases in the series is a single player turn-based RPG featuring random battles and a deep character class system. Action revolves around the adventures, general combat and boss battles faced by the player's hero and comrades that the hero adds to his party in his travels throughout the various worlds/realms present in the game. Success in these endeavors drives the game's story forward, allows for the accumulation of experience points, mastery of initially available character classes, access to additional classes and exciting new spells and abilities. Success against certain enemies also allows for the co-opting of their strength as they are persuaded to join the cause of the quest. Additional features include: "Wagon" functionality that allows the player to retain acquired characters until the player chooses to swap them out for any of the currently played characters, improved graphics, Slime Arena and other mini-games and more.
Key Game Features
- Experience the final chapter of the Zenithian Saga on your DS - the long awaited sequel to Dragon Quest IV and V
- Choose from nine different starting classes and unlock many others in the return of Alltrades Abbey
- As you upgrade your classes each character will gain exciting new spells and abilities
- Defeat the monsters that stand against you and you may even gain the reward of their allegiance
- Choose your favorite type of slime to take with you, or even bring a Hacksaurus
- From the Slime, to the Mud Mannequin, to the Canni-box, many classic foes are back to try and stop you from reaching the Dread Fiend
Party oriented combat.
Classics RPG play mechanics.