5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap knock off that works pretty well.
Read through the description before buying the product. So I knew this was made by a 3rd party company. It's couple dollars cheaper than the Microsoft version sold here on Amazon. Since the order fulfilled by Amazon, they will take care any issue that might come up.

Published on September 20, 2011 by Button Pusher

1.0 out of 5 stars Defective on arrival
Published on January 1, 2013 by Psomaster

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap knock off that works pretty well., September 20, 2011
Button Pusher (South San Francisco, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DragonPad XBOX 360 PC Wireless Gaming Receiver Black for Windows (Video Game)

I received product and it came in the blister package shown in the listing. Plug it into my computer and at first, it wasn't recognized by Windows 7. Ran the installer from the included CD. I had to follow the included instructions to manually finish the installation. Then I was able sync my wireless Xbox 360 game controller with it. The instructions is pretty the same as the one listed in a review for the white 3rd party version.

Pretty happy with it, since I am able to use my Xbox 360 controller with this to play most of the new games on Windows 7.

Here's copy of the driver install from the white version.

if the driver wont install automatic, you will have to install the driver manually.

To correctly install the driver you have to follow these steps:
1.Right click on Computer
2.Go to Properties
3.Click on Device Manager
4.Right click on the Unidentified Device
5.Go to Properties
6.Go to the Drive tab
7.Click on Update Driver...
8.Browse my computer for driver software
9.Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
10.Microsoft Common Controller for Window Class
11.Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows Version: 2.1.0.1349
12.Update Driver Warning
13.Click Yes

5.0 out of 5 stars I thought it might not work since it's so cheap But it Works Great!, September 10, 2012
After much searching around for similar wireless receivers and reading worrisome comments on how those other products had so many problems I saw this product that had good reviews and a cheap price so I took a chance with it.

Works great!

It comes packaged with a mini-cd which had some .exe in one of the folders on it; I think the .exe was for the driver but it didn't work since Windows blocked it.

Anyways, here's what I did. Running Windows 7 x64.

1) Download the official Windows Driver for Wireless 360 controllers ([...] or just google "windows 360 wireless controller driver")

2) Install the driver; I used 'Run in Administrator mode' but I think it'll probably work without it.

3) Connect the wireless device; at first the window that pops up says it's searching for a driver but it won't find it. Close that window.

4) Go to start menu, right click 'Computer' in the right side of the start menu and click 'Properties' and then click 'Device Manager' on the left side of the window that appears.

5) In Device Manager look for 'Unknown Device' or something Then right click it and choose 'Update Driver Software' and choose "Browsw my Computer" and then "Let Me pick from a list" and you should find the windows wireless driver that you just installed in step #1. I chose the topmost version "Xbox 360 Controller for Windows Version: 2.1.0.1349".

6) Everything should be ready now! Just click the button on the wireless adapter and turn on the 360 wireless controller and click the wireless search button on the controller and they should sync and work!

Disconnecting and reconnecting the wireless adapter works for me; no problems where I need to reinstall any drivers or anything like I hear for other adapters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Windows 8 Drivers are built into Windows 8, but NOT plug and play!, July 26, 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
So I received this product and was a little worried as I am running windows 8. I was poking around on Microsoft's website and found this:

I probably can't post a link to the page, but just do a search for "Troubleshoot your Xbox 360 controller for Windows" and it should come up.

And that page listed Windows 8 as not needing drivers, as they are included in the OS. But then of course, my device didn't find the correct drivers when I connected it up to the USB (probably because it's a knockoff!) but it's pretty easy to get it to find them!

Windows 8 Only!

1. On the Start screen, click Control Panel.
2. Click View Devices and Printers.
3. Scroll to the bottom where you should see "Unspecified" and 1 "Unknown Device".
(to be sure this is your wireless receiver, unplug the USB and see if it goes away, and then reconnect)
4. Double click on the Unknown Device to show the Unknown Device Properties.
5. Click the "Hardware" tab.
6. Click the "Properties" button.
7. Click the "Change Settings" (note must be logged in as administrator to do this)
8. Click "Update Driver"
9. Searching will not find driver, so select "Browse my computer for driver"
10. Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer" because Windows 8 already has drivers!
11. Scroll to the bottom of the list and select "Xbox 360 Peripherals"
12. Select the Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows.
13. Click Next, and then say "Yes" to the warning (it's a knock off driver, so it can't guarantee compatibility).
14. Success! Now you can follow the rest of the steps to sync your controller with receiver and it will work!

Also now in the Devices and Printers you will see that the Unknown has turned into Xbox 360 Controller for Windows, and if you have a controller connected and synced, it will show up under "Devices" as Xbox 360 Wireless Controller. You can right click on that and choose "Game Controller Settings" and then "Properties" to test out your buttons. Pretty neat!

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great once you get it working, October 2, 2012
Here are nice and simple steps to get this device working on your PC

Right click on Computer
Go to Properties
Click on Device Manager
Right click on the Unidentified Device
Go to Properties
Go to the Drive tab
Click on Update Driver...
Browse my computer for driver software
Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
Microsoft Common Controller for Window Class
Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows Version: 2.1.0.1349 [8/13/2009]
Update Driver Warning
Click Yes

1.0 out of 5 stars Defective on arrival, January 1, 2013
After many attempts to get the correct driver installed i finaly had it setup right, only to find out that its a cheap knock off one that isnt the same as the microsoft one, they no longer make them and are hard to come by that isnt a knock off appearently. My controllers(plural) would not synch with this receiver and the device is defective on arrival, applying for a full refund of product. i would avoid further purchases of this as it is unlikely to work, spent hours on google and trying things to make it work but its just defect.

P.S. my computer knowledge is very good, i tried every driver variation that was out there from microsoft to no avial.

Computer setup: Windows 7, i7-2630 QM @ 2ghz
8 GB ram
500 GB HD

5.0 out of 5 stars Follow the instructions found in other reviews, September 12, 2013
Don't even bother with the mini-cd it came with. This thing is just as good as the Microsoft version, at least in my experience. I've used it to play N64 games with my xbox controller, and Steam Big Picture mode. There are also apps you can get to use the controller as a mouse, though I haven't tried that, as I have a wireless keyboard and mouse anyway.
Definitely worth the risk of defect. Think about it- you'd have to buy 5 of these to get up to the cost of the Microsoft one, and looking at the number of reviews that listed it as DOA, subtract the people that were too ignorant to figure out how to use it, add the people who didn't review because they had no issue with it, I bet you're looking at less than 10%, probably more like 5%. Just get it. Do it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great., January 5, 2013
Danny Upshaw (Sterlington, LA United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this to use my Xbox 360 wireless controller on my pc. It works great.

How did I set it up? -- I can not guarantee that this process will work for everyone, but it worked for me running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.

1. Go download the "Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows" from the microsoft.com/hardware website. Be sure to download the driver for your specific operating system (version of Windows). I did not use the software disc inside the package.

2. Install the driver. Rebooting your computer might be a good idea. I don't think that I rebooted, but it's common procedure when installing new hardware drivers.

3. Plug in the device. Windows will search for the driver and say something like "installing driver". However, even with the driver installed, Windows did not detect a driver for the device. So, close out the "Device driver software was not successfully installed" box,

4. Now, go to device manager and right click on the "unknown device" (it will have an exclamation point on it under "other devices"). When right click menu comes up, click on "update driver".

5. Pick "Browse my computer for software driver."

6. Pick "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"

7. A big list will show up. Pick "Microsoft Common Controller for Windows Class"

8. Pick: "Xbox 360 Controller for Windows Version: 2.1.0.1349 [8/13/2009]" -- I installed this in 2012, and the 2009 driver was the latest version.

9. Windows will give you a little warning message and say that it is not recommended that you install this software because Windows cannot guarantee that this device will work with your hardware. It will ask if you are sure that you want to proceed. Click "Yes" to continue.

10. The wireless controller driver should now be installed. Close out the windows. Close Device Manager. Also, the controller should now show up in device manager as "Xbox 360 Controller for Windows" under the category "Microsoft Common Controller for windows Class".

11. Sync the controller with the wireless adapter. I had to unplug my Xbox from the electrical outlet to do this because when I turned on the controller to sync it with the wireless adapter, it would turn on my xbox. So, I unplugged my xbox and synced the device to the controller. I had to try this a few times, but on the 3rd or 4th try, it started working.

Then, with the controller on and connected (the light in the left upperhand corner of your controller will stay solid when it is properly connected), I booted up Battlefield 3 and tried out the controller. You have to enable the controller in the game's menu, but it worked great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does its job., October 23, 2011
This thing is for PC gamers who want to use their XBOX Controller to play games. I had a little problem at first as I used a USB extension to connect it to my xbox and it wasn't working, but I connected it directly and it worked fine. It had instructions in it to properly connect it to your controller.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works, but has trouble, November 21, 2012
First of all, This is not going to be the actual Microsoft Xbox 360 brand. This is an off-brand.
Secondly, the software CD comes on a mini CD that is re-writable. the issue with this, is when you try and copy the files from the cd to the drive or flash drive, it moves them, not copy. I did not notice this, and it failed copying files, but erased the CD durring the process. I had to go out and find the software on Microsoft's website (worked fine).
Thirdly, for some reason it drops the signal to my controller randomly and that is a problem.

When it is connected it works fine and all buttons respond. but hard to deal with it losing connection.

Update: Switched to an older white Xbox360 controller, and it seems to work better, still loses connection periodically.

5.0 out of 5 stars Seriously... Get your drivers and let it go., August 22, 2012
I will probably order another one for my media pc next week to add to the one I got at a higher price at Gamestop.

If you cant figure out the work around to this than you should probably back away from the computer...slowly.

microsoft com /hardware /en-us /p/ xbox-360-wireless-controller-for-windows /JR9-00011#support

DragonPad XBOX 360 PC Wireless Gaming Receiver Black for Windows