Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eric Clapton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$3.99

on January 22, 2012
Not a full length novel, but incredibly detailed and fulfilling. I could not put it down. The world created by this author is amazing. She describes worlds of White and Black magick, dragons, Fae and much more. Kyndra is a priestess for the Blue Dragons and is intelligent and strong. She goes with Aimery, Fae army commander, who is multi-faceted and giving, to locate the villain who is spreading black magick everywhere, killed dragons and stole a dragon egg. The villain is very well written in his horrible evilness and thirst for power. Aimery and Kyndra fall beautifully for each other due to their mutual respect and curiosity.

This novel is perfectly paced and the details are vivid. There were really no other supporting characters, but they weren't needed. Sizzle level was a solid medium/hot range. The ending was hard won but satisfying. I found everything I look for in a great full length novel in this one. I look forward to reading more from this author.
on February 6, 2013
I LOVE AIMERY! well, we have read about him in several books and here is his story - and what a story it is. I just wish it was longer.

From Aimery's story, you can see where several of DG's story lines were created - from dragons, the Fae, warriors, magic, the continuous war between good and evil, and desire - let's not forget about the desire. hehehehe (oops - I'm blushing :)

Anyway, from all the stories I have read by DG and Aimery is in it, he seems secretive, never gives a straight answer, but helps in his own way and time. He is strong, handsome, powerful, magical, smart, sexy, and ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh need I say more. Anyway, in this story, we finally catch Aimery interested in a woman - to the point of passion and love. Can it be? Aimery - who is the strongest Fae next to the King/Queen in love with a woman?

He falls in love with Kendra - who is the the keeper over the blue dragons. I just loved her. She is passionate, intelligent, beautiful, and down to earth - well - down to Fae I guess I should say. :)

The story takes you on a ride from Kendra's dreams and desires, to a dragon being killed and a precious egg being stolen. The mission of Aimery and Kendra is to get the egg back safely and hunt down who killed one of the dragons. This story is full of adventure, intrigue, a Fae who turned evil, passion, love, and a HEA I had to re-read at least three times.

Donna Grant is amazing and I love almost all of her books. She is one of my favorite authors and I can't wait to read the next Dark Warriors book. I'm trying to be patient, really I am, but it's really hard. I love the worlds she takes us into, the heroic and passionate heroes, and their perfect and beautiful mates. The stories are full of why I love me a highlander historical story. ahhhhhhhh

Read this story - it's a prelude to her other stories and is well worth it.
on February 3, 2015
I enjoyed the premise of the story; however, I wouldn't put these two in charge of finding my dog. What a bunch of boobs. Their mission was to save the egg and warn the king and foil the evil villains plan but no sooner do they arrive they immediately forget their objective, get caught and turn into complete weak wimps. If they are the best warriors the realm has, oh boy. Those dragons and everyone else is in trouble. Now for the good parts. Yikes! I just realized there wasn't really a good part except for the sexy scenes. I enjoy Donna Grant 's writing and I will read the next story in hopes that it is better,if not I'll have to move on.
on April 11, 2013
Dragonfyre is the story about how Aimery the Commander of the Fae army finds his HEA. If you have read other books published by Donna Grant, you will have seen Aimery before in the Druids Glen, The Royal Chronicles, and The Shields series. You do not need to read this book before those series or those series before this book, it is a stand alone story; however, you should be aware that the story is connected to those series.

Dragonfyre is true to what I expect from Donna Grant's storytelling. It provides vivid detail and character development, that hooks you in from the first page.

Kyndra is a priestess of the Dragon Order sworn to protect all dragons in the Fae realm. This is an important role that she has worked her whole life to obtain. What is more honorable that protecting the creatures that contain all of the magic that fills the realm and the fae with life. However, as a priestess she can never know the touch of a man. That was never a problem for Kyndra, until she met Aimery.

Aimery has dedicated his whole life to being the best soldier and commandeer that he can possibly be for his realm. He has sacrificed his own happiness. As he watches the King and Queen of the fae and the King's brother, rejoice in their happiness of having children and building a future together with their mates, Aimery realizes that he is lonely and that what he truly wishes to have is someone to raise a family with.

The instant attraction between Aimery and Kyndra causes both to rethink their roles in their civilization. As they struggle against an evil and work to bring justice, will they find that their true place is with each other?

This story has action, honor, dragons, and the fight against evil. A true fairy tale for those of us who enjoy an action packed romance.
on October 21, 2012
i love series of books that include characters that reoccur from one to the other. this is the last so I would start with Highland Mist (Druidglen book 1) first to understand all the back ground!!! overall love this author and her characters/worlds. wish they were a bit longer so there was more enjoyment to read.
on March 28, 2012
I loved this book and would recommend it to everyone.I think that Donna Grant has done an excellent job in writing these stories.
on December 22, 2014
I have read most in this series already and I am happy Ammery has found his love, but towards the end when it should have filled out the story it was like the author was done and just wanted to finish the book, quick killing of the bad guy, no real closure for the Dragon. What was the amulet was it alive was it a Dragon, why did they want her to go?? So many questions and no answers
on August 10, 2012
I love the whole series and this one as the others, does not disappoint! This is a beautiful love story told by one of my favorite authors. I love the combination of historical romance, Druid mysticism and fairy magic! I have read the whole series thus far and truly hope Donna Grant continues her tales with more!
on June 15, 2013
Another great book. I just love how I can't wait to get to the next page on Donna Grant 's books. Her characters seem so alive and real. I feel like I am immersed in the story.

Yes I would recommend this book to my friends with a warning. Be prepared to set some time aside to read because you won't want to put it down.

I give this 5 stars because it has everything I look for in a book.
on March 9, 2012
Again the author takes a minor character and brings them to the forefront in a story all their own. She weaves a beautiful tail of Dragons and the Fae with intrigue and romance.