Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: Amazon Video|Change
Price:$12.99

on November 19, 2013
The movie that inspired this series is my all time favorite animated movie. The series is as well done as the movie, the stories continue the adventures of the Dragon Riders of Berk in an excellent series of adventures. This 3rd season has been renamed to Dragon Defenders of Berk, and for good reason. New Dragons and exiting adventures are shown every single week. I was also glad that the same voice actors are doing the kids in this series. I hope Dreamworks can keep this series going through the upcoming How To Train Your Dragon 2 and 3 and after. It is the best animated series on TV now. It even beats anything Disney has on TV. I applaud Dreamworks for these movie and this series. I would give it 10 stars if such a rating was available. I am so glad that Amazon has these episodes available within a couple of days after they air. I love this series so much and now I can watch any episode at any time in flawless images.
on April 28, 2014
If you liked the first series and the movie, you'll like this! More hijinks, more cool action, and more character development, including a gratifying episode where Fishlegs finally begins to stand up for himself, and Hiccup shows more and more how capable a leader he is becoming. Also that even young teens are capable of some impressive strategies.

Fans of the twins will see both idiocy and surprising skills/insight, both about each other and about their friends-I especially like Tuffnut's line about his sister: "She's so competitive because she's a woman in a man's world..." Snotlout gets an episode that shows just how deeply he loves his dragon, however uncomfortably he shows it.

The only thing missing was any significant romantic scenes between Hiccup and Astrid. However, it's seriously gratifying to see them becoming more than just each other's crush-the smooth and comfortable friendship/partnership growing between them makes me smile.

Challenges escalate with Alvin and the Outcasts, disappearing dragon islands, and the return of Dagur the Deranged, who shows disturbing signs of fixation on Hiccup, as his Eternal Enemy/Friend. You know, the "Nobody but me can kill him" mindset.

The first box set ends on a cliffhanger of a two-part episode.

***Also I must report that the quality of the dvds is not great. As several other reviewers have noted, most of the scenes are slightly out of focus-just slightly, with some scenes being worse than others. It's easiest to notice when reading any print, especially the end credits, so I have to deduct one star in my rating.

I was expecting worse quality than the gorgeous movie, which I have on blu-ray, so it's not a deal-breaker for me but it might bug you. I have bought this set from 3 different places (two different brick-and-mortar stores and Amazon) to check, and all three have the same issue. I'm keeping one set anyway, since the series is still excellent, and if enough people complain the manufacturers might do one of those dvd replacement programs.
on May 25, 2014
I actually love this! They have little things thrown in for adults ("The first rule of Dragon Flight Club is that there IS no Dragon Flight Club.") and it is simply fun to watch the characters react to and shape the events in their lives. Not every episode has a clear villain, rather, in some episodes the characters are reacting to the challenging situations they find themselves in.

The teens' characters are evolving, which surprised me - Toughnut becomes more than a concussed idiot, for example. All of my kids love these, and I like the lessons they learn. Also, Stoik is willing to admit when he is wrong.

From my kids:

11-year-old: Excellent.

9 year-old: I like that it begins and ends with exciting stuff.

4-year-old: I like that right now they're attacking the Outcasts.
on May 25, 2014
Honestly, I'm not really sure who's the biggest fan of the Dragons movies - Memom or my granddaughter? We really enjoy watching these DVD's, over and over. They are never a disappointment - and they don't 'wear out', as each time I see something that I missed before! I've read that 'Frozen' is the new 'Lion King' as far as quality animated entertainment - but as far as I'm concerned, neither can match the consistent viewing fun offered by Hiccup, Toothless and the collective Berk clan!
on October 3, 2013
Live and Let Fly
I'm glad their back with a brand new season! This all leading up to the second film due next year. Great characters, story and pretty good quality animation for a TV series. But it is Dreamworks and you can't go wrong! Plus it has dragons!
on June 5, 2014
Not sure why they broke the season up into two parts to be bought separately thought I was getting a good deal for the $15 til I realized it amounted to $30 dollars because I had to buy a part one and a part 2. Sucks. But I LOVE this little fantasy world and what I LOVE most about it is that aside from Craig Ferguson and Gerard butler, the main cast characters are voiced by the same endearing actors from the movie. Not to mention the villains are rich in characterization and the actors who provide their voices Bring it all to the table. I appreciate the grandiose performances that are just stellar and not cheesy except when they are supposed to be. I like Ivan the Terrible and The Beserkers. Reilly fun and imaginative this series. It's a guilt free must see pleasure to be able to leisurely catch up to the series via my Kindle. In that respect, I guess the $30 was worth it, well at least I don't regret so spending it on myself.
on October 21, 2014
What's not to love! More dragons and more fun! The twins had me rolling with their hijinks! Hiccup and Toothless are the greatest team ever! I love how new abilities of Toothless are being discovered. Astrid with her girl power and no nonsense attitude is always great! Plus Gobber!!!! <3 I could go on for days!!
on May 28, 2014
My children were watching these online. As I decided I didn't want them to be guilty of copy write infringement, I bought these. The only thing my husband and I both noticed was that the introduction isn't as well done as the Dragon Riders beginning. The rest of the work seems to be on par with the movie. My children can't wait for the second one to come out on disc.
on August 11, 2014
I'm kind of ticked that they changed the name from "Dragons: RIDERS of Berk;" I missed the whole broadcast season because my searches (using, as it turns out, the wrong words) were coming up empty. So now I have to pay extra to see these episodes. But that's what I'm doing because there's no way I'm skipping it entirely or waiting years until it streams on a cheaper channel.

Occasionally a plot may bog down or a moral lesson may be driven home as though by one of Gobber's forge hammers. But that's forgivable because here's what I love:

1. The dragons ' looks and motions are all -- ok, "realistic" is the wrong word; maybe "plausible"? I'm nuts about animals and these seem real in a lot of ways. Kudos to the artists and animators.

2. The scenery on and around Berk is stunning, and the flying scenes make great use of it. More refreshing eye candy for the end of a challenging day.

3. Most of the dialogue is pretty amusing. Parents who watch with their kids WON'T feel like hitting themselves in the head with Gobber's hammer just to make it stop. That's been true of only a few cartoons this decade.

4.The terrain and ecosystem of Berk, and the taxonomy of the dragon species, hang together coherently and aren't nails-on-the-chalkboard to viewers who have taken one or more science classes. OK, maybe Gronkle wings should really be bigger or double or something, but what the heck.

5. Neither of the main girl characters are princesses, shrinking violets, or brown-nosing tattletales.

I feel obliged to disclose that my friends' seven-year-old watched "Riders" once and fell asleep in the middle. Your mileage may vary.
on April 29, 2014
This product arrived on time and played nicely. the Defenders of berk is fun link the riders of Berk though a few of the episode stories seem to push believe-ability more then the first season but still fun.