5.0 out of 5 stars Best Animated Series on TV.
Published 15 months ago by Bruce E. Roberts

3.0 out of 5 stars Good show, terrible image quality.
The DVD image quality is pretty bad, compared to the previous season (Riders of Berk 1 & 2).

The show itself gets 4 stars.
Published 6 months ago by C. Yeo

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Animated Series on TV., November 19, 2013
The movie that inspired this series is my all time favorite animated movie. The series is as well done as the movie, the stories continue the adventures of the Dragon Riders of Berk in an excellent series of adventures. This 3rd season has been renamed to Dragon Defenders of Berk, and for good reason. New Dragons and exiting adventures are shown every single week. I was also glad that the same voice actors are doing the kids in this series. I hope Dreamworks can keep this series going through the upcoming How To Train Your Dragon 2 and 3 and after. It is the best animated series on TV now. It even beats anything Disney has on TV. I applaud Dreamworks for these movie and this series. I would give it 10 stars if such a rating was available. I am so glad that Amazon has these episodes available within a couple of days after they air. I love this series so much and now I can watch any episode at any time in flawless images.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good series, dubious quality dvd discs., April 28, 2014
If you liked the first series and the movie, you'll like this! More hijinks, more cool action, and more character development, including a gratifying episode where Fishlegs finally begins to stand up for himself, and Hiccup shows more and more how capable a leader he is becoming. Also that even young teens are capable of some impressive strategies.

Fans of the twins will see both idiocy and surprising skills/insight, both about each other and about their friends-I especially like Tuffnut's line about his sister: "She's so competitive because she's a woman in a man's world..." Snotlout gets an episode that shows just how deeply he loves his dragon, however uncomfortably he shows it.

The only thing missing was any significant romantic scenes between Hiccup and Astrid. However, it's seriously gratifying to see them becoming more than just each other's crush-the smooth and comfortable friendship/partnership growing between them makes me smile.

Challenges escalate with Alvin and the Outcasts, disappearing dragon islands, and the return of Dagur the Deranged, who shows disturbing signs of fixation on Hiccup, as his Eternal Enemy/Friend. You know, the "Nobody but me can kill him" mindset.

The first box set ends on a cliffhanger of a two-part episode.

***Also I must report that the quality of the dvds is not great. As several other reviewers have noted, most of the scenes are slightly out of focus-just slightly, with some scenes being worse than others. It's easiest to notice when reading any print, especially the end credits, so I have to deduct one star in my rating.

I was expecting worse quality than the gorgeous movie, which I have on blu-ray, so it's not a deal-breaker for me but it might bug you. I have bought this set from 3 different places (two different brick-and-mortar stores and Amazon) to check, and all three have the same issue. I'm keeping one set anyway, since the series is still excellent, and if enough people complain the manufacturers might do one of those dvd replacement programs.

5.0 out of 5 stars They're back!, October 3, 2013
Live and Let Fly
I'm glad their back with a brand new season! This all leading up to the second film due next year. Great characters, story and pretty good quality animation for a TV series. But it is Dreamworks and you can't go wrong! Plus it has dragons!

5.0 out of 5 stars ...And the Dragons go on...., May 25, 2014
Honestly, I'm not really sure who's the biggest fan of the Dragons movies - Memom or my granddaughter? We really enjoy watching these DVD's, over and over. They are never a disappointment - and they don't 'wear out', as each time I see something that I missed before! I've read that 'Frozen' is the new 'Lion King' as far as quality animated entertainment - but as far as I'm concerned, neither can match the consistent viewing fun offered by Hiccup, Toothless and the collective Berk clan!

5.0 out of 5 stars It's Dragons! What else could be more awesome?, November 9, 2013
This review is from: Dragons: Defenders of Berk Season 1 (Amazon Instant Video)
It's simply awesome... The human aspect, the dragon aspect, each lending their own character and warmth. It's just awesome and exciting and engaging.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, June 6, 2014
This review is from: Dragons: Defenders of Berk Season 1 (Amazon Instant Video)
My boys' (11 & 8) love it! My husband & I do too! Nothing better than the adventures of a boy & his lovable dragon, Toothless!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these series!!, June 6, 2014
Same as previous post on part 2. Purchased for my son and the series is good for adults as well!!

5.0 out of 5 stars series is entertaing, June 5, 2014
This review is from: Dragons: Defenders of Berk Season 1 (Amazon Instant Video)
Not sure why they broke the season up into two parts to be bought separately thought I was getting a good deal for the $15 til I realized it amounted to $30 dollars because I had to buy a part one and a part 2. Sucks. But I LOVE this little fantasy world and what I LOVE most about it is that aside from Craig Ferguson and Gerard butler, the main cast characters are voiced by the same endearing actors from the movie. Not to mention the villains are rich in characterization and the actors who provide their voices Bring it all to the table. I appreciate the grandiose performances that are just stellar and not cheesy except when they are supposed to be. I like Ivan the Terrible and The Beserkers. Reilly fun and imaginative this series. It's a guilt free must see pleasure to be able to leisurely catch up to the series via my Kindle. In that respect, I guess the $30 was worth it, well at least I don't regret so spending it on myself.

5.0 out of 5 stars 4.5 stars., May 28, 2014
My children were watching these online. As I decided I didn't want them to be guilty of copy write infringement, I bought these. The only thing my husband and I both noticed was that the introduction isn't as well done as the Dragon Riders beginning. The rest of the work seems to be on par with the movie. My children can't wait for the second one to come out on disc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Dragons, May 27, 2014
Even adults can love the animation of How to Train Your Dragon and all of the TV series of the Dragons. What's there not to like about Toothless?