Customer Discussions > Dragon's Dogma - Xbox 360 forum

Dragon's Dogma to have over 300 hours of gameplay?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-18 of 18 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 2, 2012 1:01:08 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 15, 2012 4:46:04 PM PDT
Dragon's Dogma producer says the game will have around a 50 hour main quest and over 250 additional hours worth of side quests for the player to complete. This supposedly isn't even counting the DLC which is said to add over 100 side quests in a single $7 pack.(More news on that is supposed to come soon.)

Do you think this is a legitimate claim, or do you think it's more of a fluff statement, to combat similar claims about the amount of game-play in TES:Skyrim?

Edit: According to thesixthaxis the game will ship with a 30 to 40 hour campaign, and around 100 hours total. I'm guessing the rest of what they were reporting was Disk Locked Content.

Posted on May 2, 2012 3:46:20 PM PDT
Prod7 says:
I personally think that people dont know what they are talking about, unless they are the producer themselves, unless you see someone from Capcom say something dont trust outside sources, because the outside source probably doesnt even have a source, there just talking out there ass.

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012 4:41:46 PM PDT
"As far as the world is concerned, it's the biggest map we've created in a Capcom game. If you walk around the coastline of the world, it would take you four to five hours. So it's pretty big. As for the main campaign, it would take an average player around 50 hours to complete, just if you do the main quests. If you do all the sub-quests, it would take easily over 300 hours. " words from Hiroyuki Kobayashi himself as reported by Guardian.co.uk

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2012 5:01:24 AM PDT
K. Collins says:
that was capcom..they said it multiple times in live gameplay streams months and months ago..

Posted on May 3, 2012 5:02:39 AM PDT
K. Collins says:
plus they already announced a dlc for 100 more quests..thatll add a bit of time to game as well..

In reply to an earlier post on May 5, 2012 3:59:33 PM PDT
Core says:
I think its partial fluff. But I think their is some truth to the statement. Just go with 25-50ish hours (Which in my opinion is a lot for game world time)..

Posted on May 6, 2012 8:46:16 AM PDT
K. Collins says:
reviewers are saying at least 70 hrs for main quest..

Posted on May 9, 2012 6:51:59 PM PDT
Wfmissile says:
Any time a dev or spokesperson talks about the length of their game I usually take what they say and cut about 3/4 of that time off. Half is usually the case more often than not but most of the time they tend to exaggerate or skew numbers. Like when they said QA testers beat Amalur on easy, skipping all dialogue and doing every side quest/main quest and that it was around 200 hours. Yea about that......

Posted on May 11, 2012 1:47:48 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 11, 2012 1:49:33 PM PDT
J. E. says:
I don't know if strategy guides are anything to go off of in terms of content, but the amount of pages in it was pretty low.

Edit: It seems the pages have been updated, before it was like 180ish(a while ago, i didn't check it until now), now it's 384.

Posted on May 11, 2012 10:16:52 PM PDT
Very possible. I'm still on my first walk through of Skyrim ( I got it for Christmas) and I have over 420 hours so far. I've been playing all of the side missions,various quests and just wandering around in the game's landscape (I'm currently laid off from work so I have some time on my hands). I could easily see D.D. becoming a 300+ hour game as well. It'll probably take me through the end of this year :)

Posted on May 15, 2012 4:45:09 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 15, 2012 4:46:16 PM PDT
According to thesixthaxis the game will ship with a 30 to 40 hour campaign, and around 100 hours total. I'm guessing the rest of what they were reporting was Disk Locked Content.

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012 9:59:36 AM PDT
JadedGamer says:
Campaign = main quest line only. Does not include side quests according to IGN and Neogaf.

Posted on May 20, 2012 4:45:50 PM PDT
Edwin Payes says:
If we are talking about Dragon's Dogma it's going to be $49.99 at Fry's Electronics. So make sure you send Amazon a lower price notification, for those who preorder.

Posted on May 24, 2012 10:28:03 AM PDT
Don Squeek says:
Its not 300 hours of gameplay. Its 50 hours of gameplay with 250 hours of running back and forth because there is no fast travel.... FAIL>

Posted on May 26, 2012 5:58:15 AM PDT
Mark says:
No fast travel makes me definitely a little eh about playing. How's the character walk or run speed in the game?

In reply to an earlier post on May 28, 2012 7:31:20 AM PDT
Core says:
Common, be honest, fast travel is gimped...But~!
You've got the ferry stones, which will whisk you back to Gran Soren.

Posted on Jun 10, 2012 12:17:18 PM PDT
There is a fast travel system it just takes awhile to get it going. Once you get ferrystones and portcrystals you can go wherever you want. The ferrystones cost 10,000 dollars a piece but this game THROWS money at you so it is never an issue really.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 8:47:49 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 8:48:45 PM PST
R. Myers says:
Actually, Ferrystones cost 9,000 G if you completed a certain quest a certain way (I won't spoil it). That's about 3/4 of the way through the main story missions. Getting ferrystones is not a problem now. (I've got over 4,000,000 G now & I'm only level 43.)
Keep reading below if you want the spoilers on the quest.

***SPOILERS*** During Trials & Tribulations:
If you end up getting Fournival an innocent verdict, then he will forever give you a discount on his items, INCLUDING ferrystones.********
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  13
Total posts:  18
Initial post:  May 2, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 9, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Dragon's Dogma - Xbox 360
Dragon's Dogma - Xbox 360 by Capcom (Xbox 360)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (306)