5.0 out of 5 stars Short and Sweet
We received "Dragons: Riders of Berk" today. It is just 4 episodes, but only 10 episodes have actually aired to date. It's still 88 minutes of awesomeness. We had watched a few of these on Cartoon Network and found that it was impressive for a TV series.

Episodes on this DVD:

Animal...
Published 21 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars TV Version of Animated movie
This is a pretty good dvd of the series that has our hero "Hiccup" still taking up the dragon's cause, fighting new foes including "Mildew" a grumpy old man who tries to stir up the villagers of "Berk" to get rid of the dragons. Hiccup finds new ways of helping the dragons and in doing so, finds much more than what is on the surface of the dragons...
Published 20 months ago by Anthony K.

5.0 out of 5 stars Short and Sweet, November 20, 2012

Episodes on this DVD:

Animal House

The Terrible Twos

This DVD came with 5 trading cards with the main dragons featured and included fun facts about them. Those were a big hit with my child who is crazy about dragons. You can, also, use the Dream Works APP on them where it "brings the dragon cards to life" which I have yet to do.

Bottom line: If your child is a How to Train Your Dragon Fan and/or you're looking for a little side gift for the holiday season then this is a winner (if you can get it for the $9.99 price).

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Series/DVD!, November 13, 2012
This review is from: Dragons: Riders of Berk (DVD)
If you enjoyed the fist movie in this series, How To Train Your Dragon, or have been reading the book series by the same name, you will love this new addition to the mix. This DVD has some great episodes filled with both adventure and fun. I have to say that I was not even aware that they had made this into a series until I was able to review this DVD, and after seeing it, I wish I had knows, as the episodes were great(and so funny).

You also have the opportunity to see and interact with some amazing new dragons that were not in the movie, which was a lot of fun as I am always impressed with the characteristics and personalities that the artists at Dreamworks have come up with, as they are all so unique which make watching this series and the original movie so much fun to watch.

Overall though this DVD is worth watching, as it adds much to the overall How To Train Your Dragon series, and I, for one, hope that they will continue this series in the future!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for All Ages, November 24, 2012
This review is from: Dragons: Riders of Berk (DVD)
My children loved the How to Train Your Dragon movie and they were so excited to see the legend would carry on with the new series, Dragons, Rider of Berk. Join Hiccup and Toothless through four all new adventures on the small screen. You'll see your old favorites, but you'll also get to meet some fun new characters, including new dragons. So far, the series has started out with a bang. I love how the show is loaded with excitement and adventure, but contains minimal violence so the series is appropriate for kids of all ages.My son has watched it at least five times in the week since it arrived.

Episodes on this DVD include:

Animal House

The Terrible Twos

The DVD set also comes with five cool trading cards that kids can collect and that work along with the free app that was mentioned above. All in all, a this DVD is an awesome deal and fun for the whole family.

***I received a copy of this film in exchange for a fair review. All opinions are my own. See more reviews on my blog, New Age Mama***

5.0 out of 5 stars Dragons: Riders of Berk, November 28, 2012
This review is from: Dragons: Riders of Berk (DVD)
This "exclusive DVD premiere" is a great preview of the television series Dragons: Riders of Berk. The series is based on the film "How to Train Your Dragon" and is set after the special "Gift of the Nightfury". This DVD contains 4 episodes from the television show as well as an in depth special about the live spectacular. The voices of Hiccup, Astrid, Fishlegs, and Tuffnut are the same actors from the movie, which to me made this even better. For the character's whose actors couldn't do the television series, I couldn't even tell the difference. I like that this series features all of the teens more and we also learn about new dragons, in preparation for the announced movies planned for 2013 and 2016.
Because this is a premiere, it does not contain all of the episodes of the first season. They haven't all aired yet on tv, so I feel this is to test the waters. When the first season has aired, I would certainly consider buying it on DVD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great animation, December 2, 2012
B.C. (Harrisburg, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dragons: Riders of Berk (DVD)
I'm not sure why I see all these 1 star reveiws from folks who either didn't even buy the dvd, or didn't bother to read the online description before they did buy it, to see that it contains only the first 4 episodes of the series. If you have issues with the way things are marketed, call Dreamworks and take it up with the marketing department, don't pan the content in a biased review. If you want to wait for the full season release, I'm guessing that will be an option down the road once the current season ends. Either way, the series animation and stories are great and 9.99 isn't a bad deal at all for kids who will watch it over and over again, especially considering most movies are about 88 minutes in length, run upwards of 15 to 20 dollars or more and may not be re-watched as often.

4.0 out of 5 stars Buy the DVD that is entitled "Riders of Berk--Part 1" instead of this. Get the value you deserve., January 5, 2014
This review is from: Dragons: Riders of Berk (DVD)
So here's the thing for the purchaser to know if they're shopping here at Amazo: this DVD only contains four episodes of this great spin-off TV series from the "How To Train Your Dragon Movie". It's fine for what it is but you get so much more of this and more content for hardly any more moolah by purchasing the "Riders of Berk" Part 1 DVD. Buy that instead.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just enough Dragons, November 29, 2012
This review is from: Dragons: Riders of Berk (DVD)
This Dragons DVD features four episodes from the tv series with all the dragons that my boys love and then some. It is a show about training a dragon, rather than killing it - basically how to co-exisit! The show is cute and silly, and probably perfect for 5-9 year olds - although I admit I don't mind watching it. There isn't a show out there like this one, which is a nice change of pace from our usual tv routine. Since it includes episodes, it is perfect to watch just one or keep watching them. Yes they are re-peats from the tv series but again it is nice to have them all on one DVD to watch anytime! You also receive five collectible dragon cards to play with.

4.0 out of 5 stars cool buy, January 26, 2013
This review is from: Dragons: Riders of Berk (DVD)
I bought this without reading it correctly. I thought it had all the episodes to date but it only had the first 4 episode of the series premiere. If you wont all the episodes to date then you have to buy the instant download. I don't know when the first season will end but when it officially does then I guess I'll be able to find the COMPLETED season dvd.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great TV show based on a wonderful movie, December 11, 2012
This review is from: Dragons: Riders of Berk (DVD)
I fell in love with the movie, How To Train Your Dragon and when this first of what I hope is the first of many DVD's of this wonderful follow up to the movie. The same voice cast is used for the Dragon Riders but the adult characters have sound alike voices. I guess Gerard Butler and Craig Fergusen are just a tad to expensive for a TV show. But the are and animation are just as good as the movie. The kids are just as funny and the dragons are just as weird and wonderful as they are in the movie. If you don't have Cable or Satellite to watch Cartoon Network then this is a must have if you are fan of Dragon Riders of Berk.

4.0 out of 5 stars DRAGONS WILL BE DRAGONS, November 25, 2012
This review is from: Dragons: Riders of Berk (DVD)
I buy and watch these dragon episodes for my 9 year old niece...I keep telling myself. She loves this stuff. This DVD consists of 4 TV episodes which deal with the growing pains of having a wild animal becoming domesticated. There are universal truths about pets which would apply to dogs etc. should your family have one and you are trying to teach the munchkin that animals do what is natural to them. The trick is to control them without harming them. In these episodes minor characters are developed and play larger roles.

What I found most interesting was the extra feature. They are making a live stage performance of the film, including flying, underwater scenes, and fire breathing dragons. And to think I was fascinated by "It's a Small World" in 1964.

The short features are limited to 22 minute episodes, which is not enough time to tell a great tale, but long enough to tell an interesting one.

Dragons: Riders of Berk
Dragons: Riders of Berk by Jay Baruchel (DVD - 2012)
$14.98