Drake's Fortune: All shooting?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 25, 2008 9:34:58 AM PST
Hi, can anyone tell me if this is mostly a shooting game? The reason I'm asking is that I played the downloadable demo and was really horrible. I had really been looking forward to this game but I'm just flat-out bad at shooters. So I haven't bought it because if it's all shooting it would be a waste for me. But it looks so pretty! What is the proportion of shooting to other types of activity? And, if anyone else has played that brief demo, can you tell me if that was from an easy part of the game or if it's hard. I know, I'm lame. I love gaming but I've got horrible aim and never get any better for some reason. But I do just fine on more "adventure" games like Ratchet & Clank or the old Tomb Raider games.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2008 10:58:09 AM PST
B. Ouellette says:
After playing Uncharted, I felt it struck a very good balance between shooting and adventuring. That said, the shooting parts of the game occur far more frequently than they ever did in games such as tomb raider. I must admit, sometimes I felt as if the wave after wave of pirates attacking you at some points would never end (all the while the character of Drake frequently echoed the same sentiments). However, the story and adventuring elements of this game are so enjoyable that it's hard for me not to recommend it, even if you have to endure all the shooting parts. My advice would be to try the game on the easy difficulty setting. All the adventuring parts will stay the same, just the shooting parts will be a little less of an ordeal. Also, uncharted uses a pretty well designed cover and shoot system that takes a little getting used to. I would practice on the demo a bit to see if you can get the hang of it before dismissing the really great game.

In reply to an earlier post on May 4, 2008 5:41:11 AM PDT
J. Forst says:
There are 2 moments I recall where the shooting does take a bit of practice to clear that board. Otherwise, i found this game very enjoyable with the split between puzzle solving action and exploring but there are times you need your gun to take out some enemies along the way. If you have the option, rent it and see if you like it after a day. I think this was one of the most fun games i've played and i'm not a "shooter" game type of person.

In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2008 3:37:11 PM PDT
Ryan Ellis says:
This game is about 90% shooting and 10% adventure. Every turn and every place you go in the game, there are bad guys to shoot. If you played the demo and felt that there was too much shooting, you will be disappointed with the full game, it's no different.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2008 5:05:56 PM PST
Chase S. says:
Modifying Ryan's post, the game is more 60% shooter and 40% adventure/plot. Waves and waves of enemies will come at you, and occasionally it will even feel repetitive, but once the shooting stops for a few minutes and you get back to the plot and adventuring component, you'll forgive the game all over again.

Besides, combat isnt that bad. The one thing to remember about Uncharted is that, similar to Gears of War, cover is your best friend. No matter how much you press circle to dodge roll, you won't last long out in the open, especially later when the enemies start using snipers. Secondly, be on your guard. Typical of a shooter, enemies generally prefer to ambush you, and will always do so in large groups. This is actually more important then the cover tip at times, especially later in the game, when the game does a total 180 and cover becomes obsolete. If you think there are enemies around that corner, or in that next area, there probably are, and as such you should keep your gun raised.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Feb 25, 2008
Latest post:  Nov 29, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - Playstation 3
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - Playstation 3 by Sony (PlayStation 3)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (850)